Ferrari merchandise, anyone buy this stuff? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Ferrari merchandise, anyone buy this stuff?

I get emails all the time from ferraristore.com. Today's latest is pushing the new Ferrari shoes and it makes me wonder how many owners buy all the Ferrari merchandise available. So do you? If so, what?

I also saw where Ferrari is opening a store in downtown San Francisco right across from the Apple store on Stockton & Ellis, anyone else feel like they need to tone down the merchandising of their brand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 12:19 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
well, I'm no owner but I do have a Ferrari shirt and a perfume, both were presents but I would buy them if it was the case, it's not against my religion hehehehe

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #3 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
No, I wouldn't buy that crap. I get my shoes at WalMart. I bet the majority of the people who buy Ferrari shoes are people who don't actually own Ferraris.

My wife once said to me, "How can you drive a Ferrari and wear $20 shoes?" My reply was, "I can drive a Ferrari because I wear $20 shoes." I put my money into things that are important to me. Shoes are not. My wife has about 200 pairs of shoes. I've got 3. Dress, work and casual. Done. I replace them as they wear out.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

post #4 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Ferrari Ball caps is about as far as I will go although I have bought some Puma merchandise due to the Ferrari connection. Driver shoes (from the clearance isle) and I'm considering a black jacket. The red Ferrari shoes at Puma just don't look right. I might consider other merchandise if reasonably priced and tastefully presented. Head to Toe red just feels to much like NASCAR.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #5 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 01:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 89
Wallmart and Ferrari don't go together!

Come on pete, don't were $20 plastic shoes in your beautirul ferrari? Plus they don't breath, I bet you have some stinky feet!!! It's true!!! I like practical spending advise, but I think you need to splurge a bit in the Ferrari dept. You should look great driving your ferrari not like the clearance rack!! Tell you wife to cool it, it's your turn to splurge a little. 3 pairs of shoes,? come on.

I agree that much of the Ferrari merchandise is overpriced, but the clothing and hat items are nice. great styles, and great quality. I would not go for the $100 ash tray , but for the most part, the merchandise is great.
Christiana

"LIFE IS SHORT, I'LL HAVE ANOTHER FERRARI SOME DAY!
post #6 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 89
$550 Key?

Sorry Jimmy, I think this is poor Ferrari business. The Enzo key should be for the Enzo. Period!
The key is beautiful, but not $550 beautiful1
Attached Images

"LIFE IS SHORT, I'LL HAVE ANOTHER FERRARI SOME DAY!
post #7 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 01:32 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
I bet the majority of the people who buy Ferrari shoes are people who don't actually own Ferraris.
guilty! hehehehehehe

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #8 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Personally I think my limit would be a cap and a pair of prancing horse design cufflinks (I prefer double cuff shirts ) and maybe one of those simple white shirts the guys had on at the Racing Days. No shoes, no jacket, no smelly stuff (Hugo Boss is my preferred choice there - it 'works' for me), no laptop etc.

Some of the stuff is nice, has a class of its own. For instance the customised Schedoni luggage is really nice (if you have the matching car) and some of the stuff for kids is quite cool also. But unfortunately (for me at least) I think Ferrari brand merchandise on the whole has become cliched.
post #9 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 44
When I drove my old Porsche Turbo, I would have no problem wearing a Ferrari jacket or a cap, but I could never wear any Porsche items.

When driving a Ferrari I`ll never wear any Ferrari clothes. I`ll rather wear a Hyundai jacket.
post #10 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carburetti View Post
When I drove my old Porsche Turbo, I would have no problem wearing a Ferrari jacket or a cap, but I could never wear any Porsche items.

When driving a Ferrari I`ll never wear any Ferrari clothes. I`ll rather wear a Hyundai jacket.
Actually, I've got a Rolls-Royce hat that is my favorite. I don't own a Rolls but the thrusters on my last ship were made by a company owned by Rolls-Royce and that's how I got the hat.

Capt. Pete
post #11 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 355F1FUN View Post
Come on pete, don't were $20 plastic shoes in your beautirul ferrari? Plus they don't breath, I bet you have some stinky feet!!! It's true!!! I like practical spending advise, but I think you need to splurge a bit in the Ferrari dept. You should look great driving your ferrari not like the clearance rack!! Tell you wife to cool it, it's your turn to splurge a little. 3 pairs of shoes,? come on.
Christiana, Being an LA fashion designer you would probably be horrified if you looked in my closet. You'd probably throw away everything I own. I'm a jeans and T-shirt kind of guy. My usual attire consists of Jeans and a sweatshirt, for family gatherings I wear Jeans and a clean sweatshirt. I do own a sportscoat and tie that I wore to my wedding 5 years ago and wore again to my sister-in-law's wedding last year. I remember once when I came home wearing a new T-shirt and my wife was like, "Where did you get that?" I said, "At the airport." My wife said, "You are the only person I know that goes clothes shopping at the airport."

Yeah Christiana, if you and I were to meet you'd want to do that "Queer eye for the Straight Guy" thing all over me.

Capt. Pete
post #12 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 03:37 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Christiana, Being an LA fashion designer you would probably be horrified if you looked in my closet. You'd probably throw away everything I own. I'm a jeans and T-shirt kind of guy. My usual attire consists of Jeans and a sweatshirt, for family gatherings I wear Jeans and a clean sweatshirt. I do own a sportscoat and tie that I wore to my wedding 5 years ago and wore again to my sister-in-law's wedding last year. I remember once when I came home wearing a new T-shirt and my wife was like, "Where did you get that?" I said, "At the airport." My wife said, "You are the only person I know that goes clothes shopping at the airport."

Yeah Christiana, if you and I were to meet you'd want to do that "Queer eye for the Straight Guy" thing all over me.
HAHA. That is me in a nutshell. I am a T-shirt and jeans guy myself. I do own the F430 hat I love hats so why not get a Ferrari hat. I am going to be driving a Ferrari one day with $20 shoes too That is me, why change???

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #13 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 374
Buy this stuff, yes, sometimes. The skis though are pretty expensive for what they are. The clothes in general don't look too good to me. There can be some odd item that looks good. Actually, my car came with leather suitcases wrapped in yellow bags. The suitcases have little locks to hold the zippers shut. The little locks actually have the little prancing horse on them! I would think this can be bought through the site.

... racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting... (Steve McQueen / Le Mans)
post #14 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
I have this entire outfit..

Whats wrong with that????
Attached Images

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #15 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Life View Post

Wow, thats hilarious! I bet that guy paid as much for that as a Ferrari.

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
post #16 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 10:58 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Life View Post

So, Night Life and Chrishawk4, cannot everybody be allowed to have their own style without being ridiculed? That just happens to be my dad, ok! :-(

-- Target: 288 GTO --
post #17 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariforum View Post
So, Night Life and Chrishawk4, cannot everybody be allowed to have their own style without being ridiculed? That just happens to be my dad, ok! :-(
But I thought that was Night Life "after contacts".

... racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting... (Steve McQueen / Le Mans)
post #18 of 55 Old 03-26-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agp22 View Post
But I thought that was Night Life "after contacts".

post #19 of 55 Old 03-27-2008, 03:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Some people just should NOT wear red. I happen to be one of them. Bermuda shorts...arghhh...If I wore those, Oh My...for sure you'd see me on the news. It would be the first and last time you see Brian Williams crying tears of laughter, unable to control himself during the "you've got to be kidding" segment. They would have to go straight to commercial and hope it last long enough to get him up off the floor.

make-up..we're gonna need make-up...lots of make-up.

Christiana - do ya have a handbag for that? If I'm going to be teased, I might as well go all the way.

(BTW Christiana is to much typing...can we call you Chris?)

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #20 of 55 Old 03-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariforum View Post
Not sure if you are joking or not if you are joking good one you got me..

If not sorry dude no harm meant towards your dad....

But you have to admit the outfit is a bit much..

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode