I Think I'm in Trouble!! - Ferrari Life
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 03-23-2008, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
355F1FUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PHOENIX
Ferrari Life Posts: 89
I Think I'm in Trouble!!

So it was a beautiful warm morning in LA,and myb 366 had been warmed up,and shined up as I was going for a cruise. There is a straight away near where I live 4 lanes across, and I"m feeling a bit frisky, there is no one in front or behind me, just that wide open world ahead. When the light turned green, iI just had the itch to hit it, and feel the glory. I'm just about to blast up to 3rd, and what do I see on my right? About 10 chp's (CA Highway Patrol) standing with a group of students. Here I am screaming right by, and they all turn to see me, and I just about ------- my pants!! I could see out of the corner of my eye one of the officers turning to me, his clipbook flying in the air,then reaching for his walkie talkie. I was very close to the on ramp for a freeway, and most likely he thought I was going there, and called out for someone to nail me! So I turned onto a small side street,and took a less obvious route, looking in my rear view every second. I felt like a convict, and was on thr run! I take that street all the time, it s my main exit out of the area. Can they fo anything about it now? What if one of them see's me while they are in patrol car, am I introuble?

wanted,
christiana

"LIFE IS SHORT, I'LL HAVE ANOTHER FERRARI SOME DAY!
355F1FUN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 Old 03-23-2008, 02:06 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
I'm not American and don't know Californian law, but I think it'll be difficult for them to do anything about it. It'll be difficult to positively ID you (they may have the license plate but who was behind the wheel is a different matter), and they don't know exactly which speed you were driving and furthermore have no way of proving it if they did.

A similar thing happened to me in Holland last summer. I was with a mate, we were doing close to twice the legal limit on a deserted, straight, road. Two cops were setting up their radar equipment but they were not ready by the time we came by. They jumped on the road, we slowed down and I actually stopped 50m after their radar gun but they didn't even approach me to give me a warning. Even though they would have been able to find out who I was by asking for my license, they didn't bother because they couldn't have given me a ticket that would have held up in court anyway.

I hope it all works out for you.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
JazzyO is offline  
post #3 of 32 Old 03-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
No, once they lose sight of you they can't prove it was you driving. They probably didn't get your license # either so they can't even prove it was your car. If they see you again they might pull you over and ask you a few questions. Do not admit anything.

Lay low for a couple of days and obey the speed limits and traffic laws..

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
 
post #4 of 32 Old 03-23-2008, 03:35 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Take off to Arizona and hide out with all the people in the Federal Witness Protection program. CHP can't cross the state line.

Seriously, if they did not pull you over before you got home, you should be fine. Once the car is stopped and you are out of the drivers seat, they can not prove who was driving. However, I would take it easy for the next week or two, they probably have an alert out to watch for a yellow F355.
Boxer is offline  
post #5 of 32 Old 03-23-2008, 05:19 AM
Owner
 
Saint Bastage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Essex Connecticut
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Hahaha...I'm imagining you communing wit nature, hiding in a cave, peering out, face painted with mud, heart pounding, eating insects for the next few days. Is the Ferrari burried under branches? Put a car cover on first...we don't want scratches

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
Saint Bastage is offline  
post #6 of 32 Old 03-23-2008, 05:59 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
Hahaha...I'm imagining you communing wit nature, hiding in a cave, peering out, face painted with mud, heart pounding, eating insects for the next few days. Is the Ferrari burried under branches? Put a car cover on first...we don't want scratches
This would probably be best. Take your son with you, you can tell him that you and he are going "camping" for a little while. Don't tell him that you are a fugitive.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
post #7 of 32 Old 03-23-2008, 06:04 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
t1fosI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, UK.
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Shakes you up a little doesn't it! Never mind, put perspective on it - nobody got hurt, what is the worse that can happen? I take it you don't have stationary speed cameras on this street?

I agree with the others, if you made it home without incident than you should be OK, lie low for a while and explore a different route if you feel the urge to go cruising!
t1fosI is offline  
post #8 of 32 Old 03-23-2008, 06:32 AM
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Give the Ferrari to me, and take my Chevy Cobalt the police will never catch you

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
post #9 of 32 Old 03-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
Give the Ferrari to me, and take my Chevy Cobalt the police will never catch you

Chris
Yeah but Chris, how long would it be before the police are looking for you?

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
post #10 of 32 Old 03-23-2008, 09:58 AM
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Yeah but Chris, how long would it be before the police are looking for you?
I wouldn't care. I would have my dream Ferrari

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
post #11 of 32 Old 03-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355F1FUN View Post
So it was a beautiful warm morning in LA,and myb 366 had been warmed up,and shined up as I was going for a cruise. There is a straight away near where I live 4 lanes across, and I"m feeling a bit frisky, there is no one in front or behind me, just that wide open world ahead. When the light turned green, iI just had the itch to hit it, and feel the glory. I'm just about to blast up to 3rd, and what do I see on my right? About 10 chp's (CA Highway Patrol) standing with a group of students. Here I am screaming right by, and they all turn to see me, and I just about ------- my pants!! I could see out of the corner of my eye one of the officers turning to me, his clipbook flying in the air,then reaching for his walkie talkie. I was very close to the on ramp for a freeway, and most likely he thought I was going there, and called out for someone to nail me! So I turned onto a small side street,and took a less obvious route, looking in my rear view every second. I felt like a convict, and was on thr run! I take that street all the time, it s my main exit out of the area. Can they fo anything about it now? What if one of them see's me while they are in patrol car, am I introuble?

wanted,
christiana
I fully understand your fear, but let me repsond in 2 ways:

1. Philosophically: Forget about it and do not bother your mind with possible things which may happen but statistically will almost never happen. Get peace of mind and if you can not then concentrate on the Meteorit which in 1hour ans 2 minutes will hit the L.A. bay.

2. Realistically: Nobody have seen you...nobody. It was just your imaginantion, also your story in the web...it's a ferrytale isn't it ?
212Export is offline  
post #12 of 32 Old 03-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
I fully understand your fear, but let me repsond in 2 ways:

1. Philosophically: Forget about it and do not bother your mind with possible things which may happen but statistically will almost never happen. Get peace of mind and if you can not then concentrate on the Meteorit which in 1hour ans 2 minutes will hit the L.A. bay.

2. Realistically: Nobody have seen you...nobody. It was just your imaginantion, also your story in the web...it's a ferrytale isn't it ?
Sorry, I just wanted to say that be careful withhin the net.
212Export is offline  
post #13 of 32 Old 03-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Administrator
Elite Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
You are fine, even if they got your plate they can't do anything now. You didn't run from anyone as no one attempted to pull you over.
Andrew is offline  
post #14 of 32 Old 03-24-2008, 05:10 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 8
Relax

Its really more about the intent you had at the time. If you took a different route to avoid/evade the police, that could be problematic assuming you had reason to know you were being sought. But the fact is, you do not know that and you were not requested to pull over...no lights, no sirens. If that is the case, your actions are defensible.

WJG
wjgesq is offline  
post #15 of 32 Old 03-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Administrator
Elite Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjgesq View Post
Its really more about the intent you had at the time. If you took a different route to avoid/evade the police, that could be problematic assuming you had reason to know you were being sought. But the fact is, you do not know that and you were not requested to pull over...no lights, no sirens. If that is the case, your actions are defensible.

WJG
Excellent point. Welcome to the site.
Andrew is offline  
post #16 of 32 Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
I still like Lane's idea of her hiding out in a cave and living off the land.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
post #17 of 32 Old 03-25-2008, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
355F1FUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PHOENIX
Ferrari Life Posts: 89
Thanks for all your advice, all ok!

Hey guys first of all, just noticed my typo - 355 not 366, sorry lousy typist,

Well I did'nt take my son out to a cave over Easter weekend, but it was a good idea. Seems to be working for Bin Ladin. I have just kept things cool, drove my bug for a day, and have changed my regular route for the time being. So far so good. like you said, I'm sure they put the word out for a yellow 355, so I won't be tearing around town.
I had better get to a track and an instructor like Boxer advised. The car is so amazing, it's tough to drive her in a conservative fashion. I think hitting the track will a good thing for both of us.
I think the closest track to me here in California is a place called Willow Springs. I'm looking forward to it, but have no idea what to expect. I want to get the first time jitters over with, and can't wait to fly on that flat surface. 120 is the top speed I have experienced in one of my previous 911's, but that was on a straight away. i be my 355 is going to be kidking butt carving those rurns, looking forward to it!

Thanks for all your comments, you guys are great!
Christiana

PS I do like chevy;s, but would prefer a 1967 corvette with black /red tuxudo exterior. Have you seen any of these around lately"
Attached Images
 

"LIFE IS SHORT, I'LL HAVE ANOTHER FERRARI SOME DAY!
355F1FUN is offline  
post #18 of 32 Old 03-25-2008, 05:10 AM
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355F1FUN View Post
Hey guys first of all, just noticed my typo - 355 not 366, sorry lousy typist,

Well I did'nt take my son out to a cave over Easter weekend, but it was a good idea. Seems to be working for Bin Ladin. I have just kept things cool, drove my bug for a day, and have changed my regular route for the time being. So far so good. like you said, I'm sure they put the word out for a yellow 355, so I won't be tearing around town.
I had better get to a track and an instructor like Boxer advised. The car is so amazing, it's tough to drive her in a conservative fashion. I think hitting the track will a good thing for both of us.
I think the closest track to me here in California is a place called Willow Springs. I'm looking forward to it, but have no idea what to expect. I want to get the first time jitters over with, and can't wait to fly on that flat surface. 120 is the top speed I have experienced in one of my previous 911's, but that was on a straight away. i be my 355 is going to be kidking butt carving those rurns, looking forward to it!

Thanks for all your comments, you guys are great!
Christiana

PS I do like chevy;s, but would prefer a 1967 corvette with black /red tuxudo exterior. Have you seen any of these around lately"
I see 60s corvettes around all the time.....of course I'm in Detroit.

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
post #19 of 32 Old 03-25-2008, 06:56 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355F1FUN View Post
Hey guys first of all, just noticed my typo - 355 not 366, sorry lousy typist,
Great, a fashion designer with poor attention to detail. What next!?

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
post #20 of 32 Old 03-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Owner
 
Saint Bastage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Essex Connecticut
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Since pete broke the ice


Quote:
Originally Posted by 355F1FUN View Post
i be my 355 is going to be kidking butt carving those rurns,
Im just guessing here but "you bet your 355 is going to be kicking butt carving those turns"

Sorry, thats the bastage speaking. He just can't resist a poke.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
Saint Bastage is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale