2008 F1 season - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 02-10-2008, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
2008 F1 season

The 2008 F1 season will soon be upon us, March 16th to be precise. After the nail biting finish, internal feuds at McLaren and spying contoversy of last season it's going to be a tough one to follow. In my household we are eagerly anticipating another great season, so who's going to win?

It's going to be tough to call, Kimi has to start as favorite, if the McLaren's are as reliable as last year they will pick up lot's of points and hopefully Hamilton has learned from his rookie mistakes last year. After winning the 2005 & 06 seasons in his Renault you can bet Alonso will be in contention too.

We also have divided loyalties in my house, although we are obviously Ferrari fans, we have to cheer our fellow Brits, Hamilton and Button on, and in addition I've just bought a Mercedes for my daily driver. You know what, the Ferrari/McLaren hybrid that Ron Dennis was developing would have been ideal

Archie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 250
F1 Season....

The new F1 season should be great this year!!
The all new Ferrari F2008 looks great, and I'm going to the first race in Melbourne on the 16th!!!

Should be brilliant!
post #3 of 16 Old 02-10-2008, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner

You lucky thing Julian. Make sure you take some pics and tell us all about it.

Archie

post #4 of 16 Old 02-10-2008, 01:02 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
I am again cheering for Felipe Massa, that combines two good factors: drives for Ferrari and is Brazilian.

On the other hand, I'm also pretty curious to see how Nelsinho Piquet (the son) will do.

Remember he and Hamilton had amazing battles during the 2006 GP2 Season, before both came to F1 (Piquet as a test driver for Renault), both were on a league of their own and finished the season very far from the 3rd place.

But I agree that Hamilton and McLaren are something impressive, Alonso and Renault were good enough to take Schumacher and Ferrari down, and also Kimi comes with number 1 on his car - and there's a reason for that.

So it is pretty impossible to predict who is going to win, really. But I'm pretty sure this will be a GREAT season. Hopefully this year I'll go to São Paulo for the Brazilian GP - I've never watched a Formula 1 race in my life!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #5 of 16 Old 02-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 250
For sure!!!
post #6 of 16 Old 02-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Personally, I think Alonso is going to struggle - the Renault is unlikely to be competitive certainly early in the season. Alonso has shown that he is not great at dealing with pressure, so an uncompetitive car is not going to inspire him. Hamilton, Kimi and Massa are going to share the majority of the points early in the season, with clear contenders emerging later on, is my hunch. It should definitely be a great season!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #7 of 16 Old 02-19-2008, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I'm not so sure that the Renault won't be competitive, they won the WC in 2005 and 2006, surely the car couldn't have gone backwards so much in 2007? Maybe they had uncompetitive drivers? The major factor last year was reliability, with McLaren, Ferrai and BMW all having very good reliability. Whoever has the most reliable car this year will be the champ.

Archie
post #8 of 16 Old 02-20-2008, 02:46 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
I'm not so sure that the Renault won't be competitive, they won the WC in 2005 and 2006, surely the car couldn't have gone backwards so much in 2007? Maybe they had uncompetitive drivers? The major factor last year was reliability, with McLaren, Ferrai and BMW all having very good reliability. Whoever has the most reliable car this year will be the champ.
Renault have stated that their problems last year were caused by a problem related to their wind tunnel and also how they were handling the Bridgestone tyres compared to the Michelins they had used previously. Personally, I suspect they will still be a bit behind this year because they have more of a gap to make up and the others haven't stood still.

From testing so far (and recently Ferrari have been testing in Bahrain with Toyota whilst the others have been in Spain), I would say that Ferrari are looking pretty good and Mclaren are pretty much at the same level with them. Renault, BMW, Red Bull and Williams look a tad behind them. Honda look rubbish so far. But we will see the true picture in Melbourne.

Jonathan
post #9 of 16 Old 02-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Owner

Quote:
surely the car couldn't have gone backwards so much in 2007?
Quote:
The major factor last year was reliability
Ergo: yes, the Renault car was uncompetitive. Without reliability you can't compete. But even so, they rarely qualified in the top 8 in the first half of the season. This is wasn't only due to Alonso leaving, Fisichella was close enough to Alonso in 2006 to challenge him on regular occasions. My conclusion is that the car was about as quick as it was the year before, but everybody else had moved on.

As for the tyres - McLaren had the same problem.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #10 of 16 Old 02-20-2008, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Onno, fair comment. At the moment none of us know and we all have our own opinions. I just hope it's as exciting as last season.
Super Aguri and Force India might still surprise everyone and clean sweep the podium places at every race.

Archie
post #11 of 16 Old 02-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 271
Looking forward to it, no idea what the outcome will be so long as Ferrari win. Like to cheer Jensen on too because he is British and I used to own a Honda.

Not a McLaren fan or Renault so hoping they all come last

Archie, you sold your Audi then?
post #12 of 16 Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Super Aguri and Force India might still surprise everyone and clean sweep the podium places at every race.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archie...almost fell off my chair laughing so hard......

~

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #13 of 16 Old 02-28-2008, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcqv View Post
Not a McLaren fan or Renault so hoping they all come last

Archie, you sold your Audi then?
Malc, a case of having to for the sake of my growing family. Now I own a Mercedes, does that mean I have to support Mclaren Mercedes?

Archie
post #14 of 16 Old 02-28-2008, 12:30 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Malc, a case of having to for the sake of my growing family. Now I own a Mercedes, does that mean I have to support Mclaren Mercedes?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you ever think about that again! hehehehehe

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #15 of 16 Old 02-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Owner

Quote:
Onno, fair comment. At the moment none of us know and we all have our own opinions. I just hope it's as exciting as last season.
Very funny. . But I think it will indeed a very exciting season, in fact I have no doubt.

Onno

post #16 of 16 Old 03-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 271
Quote:
When I owned the Honda Accord, I supported Honda too, but second to Ferrari.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode