Disgusting behaviour in Spain - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-04-2008, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Disgusting behaviour in Spain

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7225523.stm

Story from BBC sport news regarding racist abuse aimed at Lewis Hamilton.

Personally I find any abuse aimed at anyone because of their skin colour or religion (or anything else that makes them different from the norm) deeply offensive.

I'm not posting this just because Lewis is English, if he were American or French or German, I would be just as angry.

I hope that Lewis shows them just how good he really is this year.

Archie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
archie, I agree 100% with you

that is the kind of thing that should never be tolerated AT ALL, by anyone, and should put people in jail for a while, so that they have time to grow up and be more mature

Quote:
"This type of idiots that are confusing sporting rivalry with violence should be aware that the Federation has a zero-tolerance approach to this issue."
AMEM to that!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #3 of 9 Old 02-04-2008, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Unfortunately, Spanish sporting fans have a history of racist chants at opposing black sports stars, it is also the same in Eastern Europe. They often abuse black footballers too, England has a very mixed football team with many black or mixed race players. I'm very proud of our sporting stars, regardless of their colour. In my view the ruling bodies of sport should make an example of any country who's so called fans hurl racist abuse. There should be no place for it in a modern society.

What next, are they going to abuse the Japanese F1 stars or the ex Spyker team Force India because they are asian.

I'm sure this is just the reaction of a few mindless idiots, and not representative of the majority of decent Spanish people.

Archie

post #4 of 9 Old 02-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Personally I find any abuse aimed at anyone because of their skin colour or religion (or anything else that makes them different from the norm) deeply offensive.

I agree completely with one exception. I have no problem at all with being bigoted against ignorant people that could find this behavior acceptable. "Those people" deserve to feel the pain of there own practices. Lets be bigoted against acts instead of groups.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #5 of 9 Old 02-07-2008, 03:05 AM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 956
Unbelievable for motor racing.

What next, fighting on the terraces between rival fans?

Hopefully this is a one off which should have been dealt with at the time by the authorities.

I hope Alonso makes a statement regarding his embarrassment over this.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-07-2008, 07:27 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Its just insane... How can a person's talent be diminished by the color or race...
he may be having some rivalry with alonso but its just a game... why make a person a national hate figure.. and even if made, why point out this on his creed and color...
post #7 of 9 Old 05-15-2008, 05:38 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 532
you know this isnt the only time its happened, back at silverstone a couple years ago everytime schumacher would race people would be holding up red baron signs, kraut signs, just a bunch of racist sh**, and one of the main problems is that the FIA never did anything about it i think mainly because there british and silverstone is a british track, im not trying to take sides or anything but i think thats why the FIA is taking action now, because lewis is british, theres no problem in that. its just that they shuldv done something a long time ago.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-16-2008, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I don't think the FIA have any bias towards the British and they are based in Paris (France), McLaren are British and they were fined $100 M.
The president may be British, but I don't think he'll survive much longer anyway. If the stories in the paper are to believed the President might have bias towards a historical part of German politics.

Racism of any kind should be stamped out.

Anyway, it was good to see no repeat of the problem at Barcelona recently

Archie
post #9 of 9 Old 05-16-2008, 06:35 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
I don't think the FIA have any bias towards the British and they are based in Paris (France), McLaren are British and they were fined $100 M.
The president may be British, but I don't think he'll survive much longer anyway. If the stories in the paper are to believed the President might have bias towards a historical part of German politics.

Racism of any kind should be stamped out.

Anyway, it was good to see no repeat of the problem at Barcelona recently

Yea i agree, thats true i was reading the headlines and he was suspected of sum Nazi ways or something, yea i dont think there will be anymore racism, (atleast for this season i think)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode