Scuderia delivery/production problems - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 01-26-2008, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Scuderia delivery/production problems

I' ve ordered a 430 Scuderia beginning of August 2007 here in Switzerland. On the contract it was written that delivery would be latest June 2008. In the fall of '07 I've called my Ferrari concessionaire several times to ask if it would not be appropriate to start to choose the colour and specific options for my car ? He responded that he soon will adress me to find out. Now, almost February he did still not contact me, so last Friday I called him up to ask if it would't be appropriate 4 month before delivery to choose the details ?? He told me: "Oh I'm just writing to you that your car will be delivered most likely in December/January 2008/2009 !"

I do not need to explain you my initial feelings of expecting a car in 4 months just to learn that it will take at least another 10-11 months. I went thru to read the contract and found out that there is no way to "push" for earlier delivery in case the factory is late.

Now my question to you all:

1. Is it possible that I have been pushed in to late delivery because the concessionaire is prefering another client upfront ?

2. Does anybody of you know if the factory is really late with production planning/delivering or has it to do with the fact that Ferrari choose to deliver all cars with the Ceramic/carbon disks
and most importantly:

3. Would you opt for contacting the Ferrari Switzerland import company or even Ferrari SPA in Italy directly ? (as well as adress a letter to Mr. Montezomolo directly)

I'm very aware of the fact that this has partially to do with my disappointment to wait instead of 1 year even 1.5 years to receive his beautiful car.
Maybe to do all this would be very foolish and I just should be completely trustful that things like this happen and it will prolong my "preexpecting- happyness" even more ?

Your thoughts are very welcome and speak them out loud. I'm thankful for it.
Have a wonderful sunny Sunday alltogether.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-27-2008, 05:07 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
if I were you, I'd complain to everybody related to Ferrari, even Montezemolo himself if necessary

you don't pay cheap for a car like that, and I guess you'd expect Ferrari to at least do what they said they would in the contract

if you have to do your part and pay every penny for the car, why is it that they don't have to do their part of the deal?

but that's just my 1/2 cent

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #3 of 20 Old 01-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 275
Currently big premiums are paid for a Scuderia with direct delivery. Which can explain getting pushed back in the cue... don't know if it's true, I hope not.
Good luck and wish you patience...

post #4 of 20 Old 01-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
I' ve ordered a 430 Scuderia beginning of August 2007 here in Switzerland. On the contract it was written that delivery would be latest June 2008. In the fall of '07 I've called my Ferrari concessionaire several times to ask if it would not be appropriate to start to choose the colour and specific options for my car ? He responded that he soon will adress me to find out. Now, almost February he did still not contact me, so last Friday I called him up to ask if it would't be appropriate 4 month before delivery to choose the details ?? He told me: "Oh I'm just writing to you that your car will be delivered most likely in December/January 2008/2009 !"

I do not need to explain you my initial feelings of expecting a car in 4 months just to learn that it will take at least another 10-11 months. I went thru to read the contract and found out that there is no way to "push" for earlier delivery in case the factory is late.

Now my question to you all:

1. Is it possible that I have been pushed in to late delivery because the concessionaire is prefering another client upfront ?

2. Does anybody of you know if the factory is really late with production planning/delivering or has it to do with the fact that Ferrari choose to deliver all cars with the Ceramic/carbon disks
and most importantly:

3. Would you opt for contacting the Ferrari Switzerland import company or even Ferrari SPA in Italy directly ? (as well as adress a letter to Mr. Montezomolo directly)

I'm very aware of the fact that this has partially to do with my disappointment to wait instead of 1 year even 1.5 years to receive his beautiful car.
Maybe to do all this would be very foolish and I just should be completely trustful that things like this happen and it will prolong my "preexpecting- happyness" even more ?

Your thoughts are very welcome and speak them out loud. I'm thankful for it.
Have a wonderful sunny Sunday alltogether.
To answer your questions:

1. Yes, this has been known to happen.

2. Have not heard anything but will check.

3. I would contact the Swiss importer 1st. If you do not get a response, then I would write or call Jean Todt.

Personally being given an extra 6 month delay without a great explaination , 4 months before I was expecting deliver of the car, would be unacceptable. In this case the delay is not really an extra 6 months but 10 as you would not be able to enjoy the car fully until the spring of 2009. I would put a huge amount of pressure on the dealer to deliver against his commitment.
post #5 of 20 Old 01-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

I have checked with two contacts at Ferrari. Neither has heard of any production delays on the 430 Scuderia.
post #6 of 20 Old 01-28-2008, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
I have checked with two contacts at Ferrari. Neither has heard of any production delays on the 430 Scuderia.
Many thanks to all of you out there. I've contacted the Swiss importer. They are going to investigate into the issue and will call me back tommorrow. So far they confirmed, that there is nobody aware of any delay in production for the 430 Scuderia. In addition as suggested by Boxer, I prepared a letter to Mr. Todt and Mr. di Montezemolo to raise the issue and explain the specific situation. I will send it to both of them as soon as I see the situation being stuck with the Swiss importer.
post #7 of 20 Old 01-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Looks like the importer might be trying to pull a fast one with the promise of a back hander (bribe) from another customer wanting to jump the queue. If you get a written response from the top people at Ferrari, it might be enough for the Swiss importer to suddenly find that your car will be delivered on time.
Good luck.
BTW the Scuderia, looks like a fantastic car, be sure to let us know all about it when you eventually take delivery.

Archie
post #8 of 20 Old 01-28-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Looks like the importer might be trying to pull a fast one with the promise of a back hander (bribe) from another customer wanting to jump the queue. If you get a written response from the top people at Ferrari, it might be enough for the Swiss importer to suddenly find that your car will be delivered on time.
Good luck.
BTW the Scuderia, looks like a fantastic car, be sure to let us know all about it when you eventually take delivery.
I definitively will do so.....once it will be delivered....?!
post #9 of 20 Old 01-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Good luck with that - I hope the dealer comes back with some good news. BTW, what colour ARE you going for?

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #10 of 20 Old 01-30-2008, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Good luck with that - I hope the dealer comes back with some good news. BTW, what colour ARE you going for?

Onno
Yes, for now the importer came back with good news, saying that the car will be delivered in summer instead of winter. The dealer needs still to confirm but that seems to be finally o.k.
I have not choosen any color but will probably opt for "Rosso Monza" a slightly dark metallic red. I'm not sure yet to opt for the grey stripes ?
post #11 of 20 Old 01-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Owner

Quote:
Yes, for now the importer came back with good news, saying that the car will be delivered in summer instead of winter. The dealer needs still to confirm but that seems to be finally o.k.
I have not choosen any color but will probably opt for "Rosso Monza" a slightly dark metallic red. I'm not sure yet to opt for the grey stripes ?
It will look stunning, go for the stripes too

Archie
post #12 of 20 Old 01-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Very glad to hear that this has been resolved favorably.

For what my 2 cents are worth, go for the stripe.
post #13 of 20 Old 02-01-2008, 11:50 AM

Stripes, oh yes! Looks great, goes very well with the lines of the car, and considering you'll go for a darker red it will stick out and look amazing!

post #14 of 20 Old 02-05-2008, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Finally, I have received the written confirmation that the car will be delivered in July 2008. I have to thank the responsable person from the Ferrari Switzerland importer to make it happen, (interestingly not the official concessionaire) and it shows very clearly that the importer is the location to push for contract fulfillment. Why it is like this ......well the thoughts are free ! To all you outthere who gave me hints and ideas in this conflicting situation many, many thanks. I'm not the guy who likes to push people or moving forward in a harsh way, therefore I'm glad that things turned out well.
post #15 of 20 Old 02-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Owner

That's great news, if it were me I'd be marking every day off on my calendar now, I'd probably have worked out exactly how many days, hours, minutes and seconds it was to wait.

Archie
post #16 of 20 Old 02-05-2008, 01:11 PM

great to know that your car (and WHAT A CAR that is) will be delivered on time

let us know when you choose the configuration of the car!

post #17 of 20 Old 02-07-2008, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stile - alpine View Post

I'm have more or less choosen the configuration. And it's interesting what you get initial as the standard or basic Scuderia version and what you have to buy in addition. All prices are Swiss Franc list prices divided to the actual USD Forex rate:

Rosso corsa would be standard color, Rosso mugello is a darker, slightly metallic red (app. + USD 3'500) Rosso F1, the color of the F1 cars costs app. + 25'000 USD !

Else the stripes are special to order (!) price app. USD 8'000

I choose 4 point harness (app. USD 3'000) for better fit on the track
I rest with the basic black colored brake calipers
Alcantara interior (USD 4'500) instead of the basic plastic kind of interior
Golden wheel version (USD 1'500) I like golden combined with most of the red colors
Interior black with red "file" (+USD 350)
and finally the rollbar protection (USD 3'500)

I did not chosse for staelite navigation, no CD or radio (there is music enough from the back) no iPod, no additional carbon, no bluetooth, no bags, no Tirespresure sensors, no sparewheel kit...nothing.

So I have not choosen the red color yet and not solved the question of the stripes.
post #18 of 20 Old 02-07-2008, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
I'm have more or less choosen the configuration. And it's interesting what you get initial as the standard or basic Scuderia version and what you have to buy in addition. All prices are Swiss Franc list prices divided to the actual USD Forex rate:

Rosso corsa would be standard color, Rosso mugello is a darker, slightly metallic red (app. + USD 3'500) Rosso F1, the color of the F1 cars costs app. + 25'000 USD !

Golden wheel version (USD 1'500) I like golden combined with most of the red colors

I did not chosse for staelite navigation, no CD or radio (there is music enough from the back) no iPod, no additional carbon, no bluetooth, no bags, no Tirespresure sensors, no sparewheel kit...nothing.

So I have not choosen the red color yet and not solved the question of the stripes.
You are all very welcomed with your opinion about the stripes (we had that before) and the kind of red color.
The F1 color I mentioned is the one which you can see on the little Scuderia webcommercial on the Ferrarilife webside, which shows up from time to time.
post #19 of 20 Old 02-07-2008, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stile - alpine View Post

post #20 of 20 Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 275
Great choices!:thumbup:

Ok the F1 red with stripes are smashing but is it worth $33k?? Image to spin off on a track into the gravel ...another $$$$ to repaint...

I'm dreaming now but if it would be my choice I'd go for the rosso corsa and have it painted with a stripe similiar to the 360CS......just my two cents.

Good luck with choosing the colour(s).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode