Can you drive the Ferrari too much?! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-27-2003, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 454
Can you drive the Ferrari too much?!

OK, another silly question....

The weather in NC has been gorgeous as of late. Sunny, clear and mildly warm (70 F). I have been driving my little red car for the past three days. Should I let her sit or is this a good thing? I read, " Drive the Ferrari, Drive the Ferrari, Drive the Ferrari" but can you go overboard?

How often do some of you drive your cars? Thanks a bunch.

Forza,

Dane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 07:49 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 49
I drive my 360 Spider all the days, except when it's really very bad outside as I do not like to wash my car. The new Ferraris can be used for daily driving.

Didier.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 06:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 575
Last year when I was laid-off from work for about two months, I did get to drive the (which can be called a "classic", considering its 28 years old) Ferrari on almost a daily basis. No problems. Well only one: I certainly spent more on gas!

post #4 of 5 Old 07-01-2003, 02:21 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 19
Re: Can you drive the Ferrari too much?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane
OK, another silly question....
...Should I let her sit or is this a good thing? I read, " Drive the Ferrari, Drive the Ferrari, Drive the Ferrari" but can you go overboard?...
I say drive your car as much as you can. Enjoy the good fortune of owning a Ferrari..a rolling piece of art and satisfaction. I plan on owning an F355 within the next 4 years and will drive it as much as weather and spare time allow. I do that with my NSX and all my other cars...they are meant for the road.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-02-2003, 12:13 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 167
I don't think there is a problem driving a Ferrari as much as you like, you'll certainly get a lot of pleasure from it and a car that is regularly driven will be in better overall condition than one that is left to sit in a garage.

However, on the negative side, you will obviously find that services come around quicker including the expensive cambelt service and a 100,000 mile Ferrari is obviously worth much less than a 10,000 mile one and will also be quite difficult to sell.

Maybe the most cost effective way to enjoy Ferrais would be to buy a low mileage example, put 10k miles on the clock in a year then sell it and buy another low mileage car? This way you would also be able to enjoy lots of different models instead of just the one.

Justyn.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode