hey guys new here - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-27-2007, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 38
hey guys new here

hey guys new here..how u doin..just have a couple of things to say..i love the 328 gtb and testarossa..my favorites of the 80's...i want to know a little more about them:
*Is the testarossa's and 328 gtb's windshield huge or medium? just wondering
*i know the 328 gtb's dashboard is huge, but what about the testarossa's..
thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Welcome to the site.

I don't understand the windshield question. Huge relative to what? Same goes for the dash question. The TR dash is very '80s looking and square. Not sure I would say huge.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-27-2007, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

thanks..i mean is it big like a dodge caravan or something and is the windshield big like a ford taurus or something, or are they small? these are the 2 im lookin to buy and maybe the 308 or 328 gts..thanks..i just love these cars, if i had to pick..the tr of course..i like it from 1984-1989, love all the 80's..and did any tr come without the electric seat belts?

post #4 of 7 Old 12-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraman View Post
thanks..i mean is it big like a dodge caravan or something and is the windshield big like a ford taurus or something, or are they small? these are the 2 im lookin to buy and maybe the 308 or 328 gts..thanks..i just love these cars, if i had to pick..the tr of course..i like it from 1984-1989, love all the 80's..and did any tr come without the electric seat belts?
Clearly neither car looks anything like a Ford Taurus or a Dodge Caravan. I'm not sure how you can relate the size of the windshield - in the case of all four vehicles, the windshield fills the gab between the dash and the roof, and between the pillars on either side. How does one judge if that makes them big or small? In Ferrari's case, I'd say they're about right?

The Euro-spec TR came without the electric belts. And I'm pretty sure the same goes for both the Caravan and the Taurus.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
To add to Andrews point...

Driving a Ferrari does NOT give you the feel of a "Popemobile" surrounded in glass with no restrictions(caravan)...Nor does it give you the tunnel vision effect of a windshield to far away (Datsun 240 Z, taurus). On your first drive you will notice certain differances from "normal" daily driver type cars. Most will leave you with the impression that Ferrari visibility is designed for High performance motoring.

Specifically, on the 3x8, and I suspect on TR's also, the mirrors (rear view and R/L side views) are mounted at the same eye level giving a comfortable feeling of consistancy which works wonderfully well at high speeds. Scanning mirrors becomes a left to right action and can be accomplished without undue interuption of forward vision. This same feature can cause blind spots during city driving and in parking lots that must be taken in to account. And don't try to back up unless you are fairly flexible or have a spotter. I'm sure other models (550) are quite differant but sadly I've never experienced them.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #6 of 7 Old 12-14-2007, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys for the info..i surely wish i could lay eyes on a real testarossa since ive only seen many pics and vids..i seriously think the countach does not look good as the testarossa..the testarossa is much more beautifully designed and as well named..my favorite is the 1986, if i had to choose and had a choice of selecting, with one mirror (miami vice related and i saw a 1985 one like that) and in red paint and tan leather..or in white and tan like crockett's..i also noticed these models didnt have the electric seatbelts..thats what i like..i dont really like the electric ones..this is my top car..if i had no choice, ill take a 1984-1989 any day..im not into the 1990 models, even though there really isnt a difference..but i love the testarossa so much..i like the 328 gtb and gts as well, my next favorites, but the testarossa hits the top.. and one more thing..is the clutch easy to shift..it does, certainly looks easier the way its designed with the numbers and the way it shifts..i heard its not..thanks for the info..

Last edited by ferraman; 12-14-2007 at 05:07 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
To add to Andrews point...
I'm sure other models (550) are quite differant but sadly I've never experienced them.
The 550 has truly excellent visibility all round, one of the easiest cars I've ever driven. But because of the wideness it is easy to damage rims on curbs as you may be a little closer than you think. Also, because the boot is high and there is no bumper a rear-view camera is recommended (to explain: you have great visibility to the back but can't see low obstacles like short poles or low walls). I've had one for 2 months now and I love it! It switches on automatically when engaging reverse, very convenient.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode