Meeting with Boxer: the F50 (part 3) - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-29-2007, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Meeting with Boxer: the F50 (part 3)

That V12 shouldn't be called an engine, because it really is an orchestra! I absolutely freaked out when Boxer started the engine. Yeah, I've heard the F355, it does sound good, but it still sounds like an engine. The F50 produces MUSIC, and it is LOUD! I'd say 1.5x louder than the F40.

Oh yes, I didn't say anything about the engine sound in the F40, so here it goes! The soundtrack really follows the rest of the car's spirit, it sounds brutal! It is more scary than anything else, if you hear that sound and you're not inside the car you just want to get out of it's way.

Well, right after we left his house EVERYONE around was looking at the car. The F50 is an eye-catcher, even more than the F40. I guess the fact that it is topless helps, and also because it doesn't scare little kids like the F40 hehehehehe. We had to stop for gas, and right after Boxer stopped the car about 30 cameras appeared from nowhere and the next thing I know the car was surrounded, and everybody was taking pictures. I felt a little embarrassed, Boxer seemed to be OK with it. I tried to get out of the car, but the door handle was a little hard and I sure wasn't going to push it (what if the damn thing came of in my hand???? Boxer would kill me, and I'd help him!), so I decided to just stay inside and ruin everybody's pictures

Then we went to the same highway so that the car could "stretch it's legs". WHAT A NOISE!!!!!!!!!! The car feels SO flat on the ground, that CFRP chassis doesn't seem to know what TORSION means! Really, if it wasn't for the wind you could be at 250 km/h and not have a clue that you're going that fast. Two cars passed the F50 while on the highway, and I think Boxer wanted to make sure I understood his car was the fastest one! hehehehehehe Instant power, instant speed. In 2 seconds the revs go up the roof and all the cars that were in your side disappear. It's not an explosion like the F40 with those giant turbos, but still very impressive.

After that, we cruised around the neighborhood for a bit and then Boxer dropped me at the hotel. After I got out of the car (and took a few pictures of the F50 going away) I looked at my watch and WOW, we spent almost 2 hours together! It really felt like 10 minutes!!!

I guess Einstein was wrong: time doesn't dilate at high speeds, at least not inside a Ferrari! It contracts dramatically!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Cool!!!

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #3 of 4 Old 10-30-2007, 04:59 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
What an amazing experience you had....that was really cool. Well Boxer, that was really nice of you to give him those special treats....

Excellent write-ups

~

1990 348 TS (87284)

I build cars for young men that only old men can afford - Enzo Ferrari

post #4 of 4 Old 10-30-2007, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
Well Boxer, that was really nice of you to give him those special treats....
yes it was

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode