Do i need this done - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Do i need this done

Yes this is my first time posting and i was just wondering if i needed something called an oil change done to my car. I have 15,000 miles on the car and something that looks like a tea pot is on the dash light is on. I think its telling me its tea time. so i go and have a cup of tea. so i took my car to my mechanic and he said i need an oil change. i dont know what that is?? is it a performance part? this is my first car my father bought me it for my 20th birthday. I go to boston college for law. please help me out i dont know what to do.

oh i have a Ferrari 360 if anyone wants to know its red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 10-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
ANDREW!!!!!!!!!

Please let me answer this one…….PLEASE…………………………..

I promiss no foul language….

~

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #3 of 46 Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
ANDREW!!!!!!!!!

~
Go for it !

post #4 of 46 Old 10-04-2007, 09:37 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariKid187 View Post
Yes this is my first time posting and i was just wondering if i needed something called an oil change done to my car. I have 15,000 miles on the car and something that looks like a tea pot is on the dash light is on. I think its telling me its tea time. so i go and have a cup of tea. so i took my car to my mechanic and he said i need an oil change. i dont know what that is?? is it a performance part? this is my first car my father bought me it for my 20th birthday. I go to boston college for law. please help me out i dont know what to do.

Good humor
post #5 of 46 Old 10-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ok, here we go….first off son, there is no way you’re a Law student in Boston….oh look…capital letters…..you also said your mechanic…..highly doubt you have a mechanic, your too stupid to have one or else you would have had it done and since you know nothing about cars/dealerships/service departments you do not have any contacts in this field. You sound like you’re about 9 year’s old, cant spell and don’t know what oil is?!?!?!?! So Mom and Dad don’t let you use the stove so you cant cook therefore don’t even know what everyone else on this planet uses to cook food in a frying pan.

Your attempt at adult humor with the light and tea joke was retarded even an autistic child would point at you and give you the L sign on his forehead… (It means loser in case you didn’t know).

You’re not going to go far in life by BS people, so don’t try and act like one here. There is nothing wrong with not having a Ferrari, having the desire to own one some day even if your not old enough to have a drivers license. Don’t take us for morons, if you remotely know the words “performance parts” then you know what oil is. I have said this a few times and will say it again, close your parent’s computer, take your skateboard and go play outside….

~

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #6 of 46 Old 10-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
HAHAHA...

Pete....is that you? No....really....is it?

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #7 of 46 Old 10-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Saint Bastage,
Nope, it's not me.

ferrariKid187,
This "oil change" thingy is definately NOT a performance part. I bought one once because it was only like $20 installed and everyone was saying how I just HAD to have one. Don't waste your money. I didn't see any difference in performance or handling after having the oil change installed. In fact, I didn't notice any difference whatsoever except for the missing $20 from my wallet and the greasy boot print on my floormat. I think your mechanic is trying to rip you off.
The way I look at it is that this car is a Ferrari, how can you improve on perfection? If the engineers at Ferrari felt the 360 needed an oil change they would have installed one at the factory.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #8 of 46 Old 10-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Saint Bastage,

ferrariKid187,
This "oil change" thingy is definately NOT a performance part. I bought one once because it was only like $20 installed and everyone was saying how I just HAD to have one. Don't waste your money. I didn't see any difference in performance or handling after having the oil change installed. In fact, I didn't notice any difference whatsoever except for the missing $20 from my wallet and the greasy boot print on my floormat. I think your mechanic is trying to rip you off.
The way I look at it is that this car is a Ferrari, how can you improve on perfection? If the engineers at Ferrari felt the 360 needed an oil change they would have installed one at the factory.
Definitely agree. Ferrari would have put top quality oil in your 360 before it left the factory. Why would you want to change it ????
post #9 of 46 Old 10-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 594
Garage
Ferrarikid, ask your mechanic to send you to get a "long stand", it'll be beside the "wobbly bar shafts" at the local motor factors (that's a place were you buy car bits).
post #10 of 46 Old 10-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariKid187 View Post

Wow!! that is amazing my car (its Orange!) has one of those 'tea pots', although I always thought it was a coffee pot, when mine comes on I usually pull into a gas station and get myself an cup of Java. It is a fantastic gizmo, those guys must be so smart - the car always seems to know when I need a shot!

By the way you started driving a bit late at 20 - dude I was behind the wheel when I was 16 and that isn't even legal where I live. Must have been a bummer getting the bus all the way through high school - I mean what self respecting chick wants to ride the bus hey!! I guess you must be one of those computer nerd geeks? Anyway solitude standing! Must have been tough all those missed opportunities huh! Looking on the brightside with all that practice you must be a top notch tosser!!

But now you have a Red Ferrari - wow that is sooo great...mines Red too...oh yeah, MY mechanic told me the best make of oil is "Olive Oyl" she said you can buy it in the store and you should always ask for Extra Virgin...oops I gotta go my mom is calling me!!

Last edited by t1fosI; 10-05-2007 at 02:23 AM. Reason: PS MY Mechanic's name is Angelina - she's in the movies!!
post #11 of 46 Old 10-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Owner

quit teasing the kid guys

Really...The light on the dash is not a tea pot...its a water jug. It indicates a low water level in your dry sump system. Get a jug and fill it with tap water. Find the dry sump filler cap. Not sure where it is on a 360. On the 348 its on the right side rear of the engine compartment. It says Ferrari on it and there is a stick on the bottom of it used for popping bubbles in the system while you drive. Fill the tank to the top.

A low water indicator is usually cased by very small leaks in the system. You generally won't see water drips because the leaks are so small. They evaporate or steam themselves off. You can stop these leaks by adding a handfull of saw dust to the water sump. If you have no saw dust, sand can also work.

Good Luck

Lane

post #12 of 46 Old 10-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post
, MY mechanic told me the best make of oil is "Olive Oyl" she said you can buy it in the store and you should always ask for Extra Virgin...oops I gotta go my mom is calling me!!
Not true, the best oil is single press vintage. Try to find one from an orchard near Modena.
post #13 of 46 Old 10-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
OIL ???? You guys have confused me. When I lift the hood on my car and look at the shiny metal thing with pipes and wires coming out of it, I can't find anything that says OIL. There is a little round metal cap that has 710 written on it.
When the teapot light comes on, my advice is to pour a pound of sugar in the 710 hole. Ferrari's have a sweet tooth and love sugar with their tea or coffee.

Archie
post #14 of 46 Old 10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Not true, the best oil is single press vintage.
I figured Angelina was stiffin me!!

Thanks Mister!
See ferrariKid187 - you meet the nicest people on the Inturnet did I tell you my car is Purl Purple?
post #15 of 46 Old 10-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
OIL ???? You guys have confused me. When I lift the hood on my car and look at the shiny metal thing with pipes and wires coming out of it, I can't find anything that says OIL. There is a little round metal cap that has 710 written on it.
That's the difference between a UK car and a USA car.
USA car = driver's side on left, cap says "OIL"
UK car = driver's side on right, cap says, "710"

(In Roman times this would have been the "DCCX" cap.)

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #16 of 46 Old 10-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Hey Ferrari kid, another piece of advice for you. I've always found my Ferrari runs much better if I alternatate the fuel types when I fill up. You'll get much better fuel economy and horsepower if you fill up with diesel every other time. Don't bother with unleaded fuel either, its a rip off, use the old fashioned leaded petrol, you'll get your baby upto 300 MPH

Archie
post #17 of 46 Old 10-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
ANDREW!!!!!!!!!

~
Why bother? This guy got you hook, line and sinker. It is obvious he is trying to ruffle feathers. Come on, NO ONE is that stupid.

Now my take on it. He is probably a ____________ (fill in blank) driver and really wants to be a Ferrari driver. He is bored at work and the boss was probably out for the week.
post #18 of 46 Old 10-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Why bother? This guy got you hook, line and sinker. It is obvious he is trying to ruffle feathers. Come on, NO ONE is that stupid.

Now my take on it. He is probably a ____________ (fill in blank) driver and really wants to be a Ferrari driver. He is bored at work and the boss was probably out for the week.
I was nice in my post....cant post what I really want to say....no he didn't hook me up, I need to vent and this guy opened the door, but I was too soft on him...but who cares, he's probably at home tossing his boyfriend's salad

~

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #19 of 46 Old 10-06-2007, 06:29 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Now my take on it. He is probably a _Nissan Prairie_ driver and really wants to be a Ferrari driver. He is bored at work and the boss was probably out for the week.
So you reckon he is an @$$ Ki$$er could be...now I feel sorry for him... I think I am gonna cry...:woohoo: I couldn't find the 'crying' smilie and woohoo kind of sounds like 'boohoo'!!
post #20 of 46 Old 10-06-2007, 06:53 AM
Owner

I haven't figured out the "Mintz Levin" link but I'm sure someone will reply with the answer. Does someone I know work there?

Lane

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode