New garage Company for the 308 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 10-01-2007, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 594
Garage
New garage Company for the 308

Ok I know it's not a Ferrari but it is Italian and will be spending all it's time with my 308.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 275
WoW, that's great. IMHO is the Integrale a real icon for every car idiot.

Which is faster on the irish roads?

Enjoy!
post #3 of 22 Old 10-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Looks fantastic, the colourscheme and stickers look great too. Enjoy it

Archie

post #4 of 22 Old 10-02-2007, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis355 View Post
WoW, that's great. IMHO is the Integrale a real icon for every car idiot.

Which is faster on the irish roads?

Enjoy!
Thank you. The cars almost 90% rally prepared so I doubt there'd be much would catch it on our roads. It's suppossed to be putting out 280BHP at the wheels and on the stop watch we had it hiting 60 in a shade over the 4 second mark.

It's not a very comfortable car when driving slowly through bumpy town roads though due to the rally suspension.
post #5 of 22 Old 10-02-2007, 04:46 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
oooh, that is so sweet
i just love the Lancia's

did you already have some nice backfires after an "inspired" drive
post #6 of 22 Old 10-02-2007, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dirk View Post
oooh, that is so sweet
i just love the Lancia's

did you already have some nice backfires after an "inspired" drive
It's been well balanced so no backfires, but the dump valve gives off one hell of a noise when changing gears and scares animals and small children .
post #7 of 22 Old 10-03-2007, 06:34 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Beautiful, simply beautiful…..it’s not about comfort it’s about a car that’s rough around the edges, made for driving hard…it’s in wonderful condition….I love the color scheme. I tried looking for one a while back but they were not in the best condition. Very nice….im sure she will bring loads of fun….

~

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #8 of 22 Old 10-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZ9_1 View Post
It's been well balanced so no backfires, but the dump valve gives off one hell of a noise when changing gears and scares animals and small children .
Fantastic. I have been very tempted to get a Lancia Delta as a daily driver but not sure city traffic would be good for it. Great car, congrats.
post #9 of 22 Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Boxer you can run one as everyday transport but just make sure it has standard dampers possibly with Final edition springs. It's the best compromise I found with the cars I had. Oh and they do squeak a little inside as the interior wasn't exactly well screwed in.

It's going to take a while due to lack of funds but I hope to have it looking as close to the rally cars as I can get. A friends going to make up a roll cage tha will allow me to keep the back seats in. He's also going to make up all the rest of the decals to finish the effect. I intend to fit a 4 spot light light pod along with the kevlar wheel vents the rally cars used for tarmac rallies.

Hopefully it will look the part when it's all done.
post #10 of 22 Old 10-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZ9_1 View Post
Boxer you can run one as everyday transport but just make sure it has standard dampers possibly with Final edition springs. It's the best compromise I found with the cars I had. Oh and they do squeak a little inside as the interior wasn't exactly well screwed in.
I ran across this one which looks well priced. I am definitely not a Lancia expert. Any comments ?

http://www.system7.com/Evo1ForSale/Default.html
post #11 of 22 Old 10-05-2007, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
I ran across this one which looks well priced. I am definitely not a Lancia expert. Any comments ?

http://www.system7.com/Evo1ForSale/Default.html
Car looks like a good one that has been really well looked after. And the price is spot on. The stress cracks he talks about are very common. They show themselves at the base of the windscreen/top of the wing corners. However if you do go to see it insist on lifting the carpet and checking the base of the front door line (were it bends round to the sill) to check for cracks there. If there are the cars had a hard life. But I don't think you'll find any on this car. I agree with him to that Alcantara seats are much nicer than leather. Again though ask about the drivers bolster as these wear through easily. The 16" wheels are Evo 2 wheels and make the car look just right in my eyes.

I would have just one reservation, Which you can only judge by driving the car. I'm not a fan of the Koni dampers as I find them hard even on their softest settings, so I've no idea what the ride would be like with Koni springs to. My Evo has Konis and is brick hard and one of the other Grale's I had had the Koni dampers and found it a very hard ride to. Most people go for FE (Finale addition) springs along with either standard dampers (which can be hard to get at times) but to me make a perfect compromise for everyday use, or use Leda Dampers which are expensive but good.

Rust areas to watch for are the rear of the roof edge and the base of the windscreen, and I see he's pointed out these are spot on.

Electrically some of the sensors for the engine can go funny which can take a little while to trace back and are usually a bad earth. Like our ferrari's the window motors can be slow and the indicator stalks can break easy. Oh and the dearest thing to buy for the car is headlights. Check those. They are very, very hard to get now and I've seen them advertised up to £1000 a set. People have resorted to adopting MK1 polo ones to fit as they are the same size.

Mechanically as long as the belts are done when they should be the engine should never give trouble. watch for take up klunks from the drive train indicating signs of wear when you go to take off. If the front steering feels a little loose cornering it could be nothing more than the car needs new drop links which go on a regular basis and only cost about £50 to replace. New ones make a great difference though.

The other thing is depending how you view it, some people in the integrale world don't like Zagato as they think they are very dear to buy from, so he's spent money on the car.

I see to he says he's going to put it on the Evo forum. If you use their forum for advice be prepared for, How can I put this politely, a lot of intolerance. they are not like the very helpful and friendly people on here. Ask what you think is a sensible question because your not up to speed on integrale's and you may receive a response you didn't expect. It can put people off. And always make sure you use a small i to spell integrale or they will lambast you for it. They are a close nit bunch and hard to get in with.

I think that covers most of it but if you can think of anything else your not sure of just ask. I don't know everything but I'll help were I can.
post #12 of 22 Old 10-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Thanks for all the advise. Went back to check the ad today and it has been sold
post #13 of 22 Old 10-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 490
I ran a HF Turbo in the late 80's. Absolutely super car
Obviously I had an advantage in terms of keeping on top of corrossion (& it was a weekly necessity ) & being in the RAF at the time I had lots of help in sorting the electrics out (again a regular event ). But it was as good a car as the Alfa's I've had and much better than the Masers!!!!!!!
Totally useable in traffic as long as you could keep the damn thing working.
But not as nice, nor characterfull as the Flavia Zagato I owned rather later.
Nor as Teutonically solid as the 928's I've had.
But it was a stunning, fun car.
I'm rambling again (and getting very worried by the number of cars I've lost money on over the years!!!!!!!!)
post #14 of 22 Old 10-07-2007, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Thanks for all the advise. Went back to check the ad today and it has been sold
Not to worry, another one wil pop up soon and if you would like me to help in any way just ask
post #15 of 22 Old 10-08-2007, 09:23 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 112
Anybody know of a forum for the genuine Lancia Delta HF turbo Integrale?
Or even better, know where to start looking for a problem.
A friend of mine has a Lancia that he drove on a track once, and the car just said “POFF” and blew a hose of. He fixed the hose but the car never ran well after that. As soon as he starts to put the slightest load on the engine it stalls. Idling and rewing is no problem in neutral, but first gear in and it stalls directly when he tries to drive away.
post #16 of 22 Old 10-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Can't help you with the problem, but just wanted to pledge my support for the Integrales. My brother had a re-chipped 16v 10 years ago, and my word was it awesome. What a lovely car. It was the first thing I drove when I got my license, and it caused me to break several laws within hours of getting it....

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #17 of 22 Old 10-09-2007, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarth View Post
Anybody know of a forum for the genuine Lancia Delta HF turbo Integrale?
Or even better, know where to start looking for a problem.
A friend of mine has a Lancia that he drove on a track once, and the car just said “POFF” and blew a hose of. He fixed the hose but the car never ran well after that. As soon as he starts to put the slightest load on the engine it stalls. Idling and rewing is no problem in neutral, but first gear in and it stalls directly when he tries to drive away.
As I was saying to Boxer, the guys on Evocorner forum know their stuff and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction. I just find them a bit abrupt with new people. They do however have a frequently asked question and it's vey useful.

There's also www.lanciasport.com and again someone there might be able to help.
I've no idea what that problem would be by the way, sorry.
post #18 of 22 Old 10-16-2007, 08:13 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 112
Thanks a lot, I'll try both.
post #19 of 22 Old 11-04-2007, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Just a wee update as I got the car finished. I do have a couple of other little bits I'll be doing to it over time but the Missus wants the living room papered before xmas so it's only fair I do that next.

There's more photos over on my site if anyone fancies a look.

post #20 of 22 Old 11-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode