As the Time Magazine's including the Mondial 8 in the List of 50 Worst Cars seemed to generate quite a bit of excitement, what really are the 5 ugliest Ferraris? (my apologies to the owners of any of the below, this is nothing more than my uneducated opinion)
My candidates and acidic comments:
1. 330 GT 2+2 Series I - who thought putting 4 headlights on the front was a good idea ?????
2. 400A - way to bland, could be a Buick from 100 yards
3. 612 Scaglietti - awkward from every angle. The proportions just don't work. Yuk. No make that double yuk.
4. 512M - Sometimes continued design development is bad. The TR works in an outragious 80''s sort of way. Sticking a version of the F355 front grill, 550 type headlights, and round taillights make it look like a Fiat part bin special.
5. 250 PF Coupe - late 50's, early 60's version of the 400. Every other body that they dropped onto the 250 series is wonderful. This one just looks like the designers got lazy.
Ok, I have no choice but to chime in here....
1. 330 GT: yeah, I can kinda see this one.... the four headlights aren't that pretty, but it may leave pretty cool older Ferrari's within the reach of young and not weathy enough fans ( like myself ) someday.
2. 400: A Ferrari family car? The deludes the pure racing gene pool a bit, doesnt it?! A four door Ferrari?? It might as well be a Mondial 8. I throw up a little in my mouth every time I see one of those.
3. 612: Ok, you're totally insane if you think this is an ugly car. This is one of the most elegant and classy shapes that has come from Ferrari. I would say it DOES NOT photograph well at well, though. In person, what a beautiful car! I want one, badly.
4. 512 : Pretty much 90% of the flat 12 Ferrari's were a disaster as far as looks. This one stands out in the ugly crowd. This is an embarrassing time for Ferrari in my opinion, but Im right.
5. 250PF: This one doesnt exactly ring my souls' bell, either. It would be better than driving a Pontiac Aztec, however.
The Mondial 8 was overlooked on this list as a crime perpetrated by humanity onto itself, much like the H2 or the Sebring.
I hereby nominate the 612 be removed from the above list and replaced by the Helldial.... er, Mondial 8