Hyper-Flow vs. ANSA - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-09-2007, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 402
Hyper-Flow vs. ANSA

Does anyone have any comments on the brand Hyper flow cat's for replacement of the ANSA OE part for a f355 ferrari.

From what I have researched, the Hyper-flow has better performance that the ANSA supplied factory replacement part.

Does anyone know if the sound will be affected, and if I were to replace one, would it be better if I replace both cats.

Chicago_Pete
hey slow driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-10-2007, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner

anyone have any suggestions or information....

hello...where are the experts, or it may seem this is just a chat room without any technical extertise.

Chicago_Pete
hey slow driver
post #3 of 9 Old 09-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Replacing cats will not improve the sound. The majority of sound improvement comes from the muffler at the end and how much air flow it allows. If you really want to improve both performance and sound get a full cat-back system to allow more air flow out. Hope this helps.

post #4 of 9 Old 09-11-2007, 04:47 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
A cat is just a pipe with restrictions and does not improve sound. Think of it as an aquarium filter, it has a few stages to filter out “the garbage”. A muffler is what creates the sound, it’s basically a shell with baffles inside and these are “tunes” to specific angles to create different air flows and sounds. I had a long thread about TC Sensors as well as a replacement for the cats. Hyper Flow is geared into having less baffles (less back pressure) and this increases flow (more flow=more power) and this increases sound coming out the back pipe. Hope this helps a little.

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5419

~

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #5 of 9 Old 09-11-2007, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
A cat is just a pipe with restrictions and does not improve sound. Think of it as an aquarium filter, it has a few stages to filter out “the garbage”. A muffler is what creates the sound, it’s basically a shell with baffles inside and these are “tunes” to specific angles to create different air flows and sounds. I had a long thread about TC Sensors as well as a replacement for the cats. Hyper Flow is geared into having less baffles (less back pressure) and this increases flow (more flow=more power) and this increases sound coming out the back pipe. Hope this helps a little.

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5419

~
Thanks for the info magnum. I am looking to replace both side cats, and as a plus wanted to know if there would be an improvement of the sound. my main objective is to fix the faulty cat and at the same time getting some performance out of it.

I am still debating whether to stick to originals, but the price is a deterrent.

Any insights on this, fellas. Some info and advice would be great.

Chicago_Pete
hey slow driver
post #6 of 9 Old 09-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 366
Just checking -- did you get my pm about the Magnaflows? There was no change in sound, and they fit perfectly. Computer was happy with the new cats, no codes for two years (when the car was sold). -Steve
post #7 of 9 Old 09-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
post #8 of 9 Old 09-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
If you were to get the strait-pipe off Fabspeed's website you'll see lots of performance boost but you will likely not pass smog test if your state/city has it.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-12-2007, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari328GT View Post
Just checking -- did you get my pm about the Magnaflows? There was no change in sound, and they fit perfectly. Computer was happy with the new cats, no codes for two years (when the car was sold). -Steve
Steve - I got your PM and checked the site out. I am exercising that option, although I may be leaning to one that the performance shop here always uses for the ferrari's. It's either with the more expensive tubi or the lesser priced hyper-flow cats.

http://hyper-flow.com/355.htm

Chicago_Pete
hey slow driver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode