Relays to help circut board (Peter gt4 ) - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-27-2003, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 139
Relays to help circut board (Peter gt4 )

Hi,I was logged on to Ferrarichat.com a few months ago,when i read about someone adding ,I belive it was relays 2, ???next to the original circut board in order to run the a/c, fuel pump, two fans, and turn signals ..This he said took the load off of his circut board,hence no more electrial fuse problems on his mondial..If anyone is aware of this remady I would love more info ..Thankyou Mick.. :roll: :roll:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 575
I'm not sure the relays were for those accessories. I know of doubling-up the window relays to help them go up faster. I've measured voltage drops at the motors on my GT4 (12V at the switch, but 8V at the motor). Its hard to determine what is causing the drop. It could be excessive resistance of the wires going to the motors, or within the switch itself. Whatever the case, I haven't bothered with it, I've re-greased the motor and window-cable spool and changed the window channel felt and that quickened it up a bit. Not as fast as a new car, but faster than originally.

Stock relay/fuse boards get too hot and they do melt-down, hence the additions of relays to reduce electrical load/strain.

I recently had to by-pass the fuse box entirely when I installed higher-wattage head lights. It generated too much current and would pop the 8amp fuses. I took the original supply wire and routed it to a remote fuse holder (20amp ATC-type) and ran the rest of the wires from that. The circuit runs much cooler and I can drive with the high-beams on all night...

Its up to you whether to install extra relays/fuses. If you are popping them, or you notice excessive heating/melting, then do it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode