Welcome to our new sponsor RaceDeck - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 07-23-2007, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Welcome to our new sponsor RaceDeck

I would like to welcome our newest sponsor RaceDeck.

The undisputed industry leader with more modular garage floors sold and installed than all other competitors combined. Six styles and over 14 standard colors to choose from. Great for garage flooring, basement flooring, play rooms, car shows,and more. With RaceDeck® flooring installation is fast and easy, there is No Mess, No Glues, and No Toxic Fumes.

Check out their site:
http://www.racedeck.com/

Looks like a great product for anyone considering upgrading their garage!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Good news. It is good to see some more high quality sponsors here.
post #3 of 19 Old 07-24-2007, 11:09 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Good news. It is good to see some more high quality sponsors here.
I agree, it's terrific to see them as a sponsor.

post #4 of 19 Old 07-24-2007, 12:13 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 79
Question.............

How much
post #5 of 19 Old 07-26-2007, 03:25 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Yes, I agree with 430-FAN. I am building a shop/garage and want a high quality floor. I was planning on going with epoxy but will consider the Racedeck. I looked all over their website but nowhere can I find a price.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #6 of 19 Old 07-26-2007, 01:13 PM

I believe you have to send in your contact information and your situation and they will contact you....sounds pretty professional if you ask me, that way they can deal with each contract on a personal job by job process.
post #7 of 19 Old 07-26-2007, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Yes, I agree with 430-FAN. I am building a shop/garage and want a high quality floor. I was planning on going with epoxy but will consider the Racedeck. I looked all over their website but nowhere can I find a price.
Pete,

Thanks for the support, if you go with RaceDeck let us all know! I think Dmitri is right, you might have to put in an inquiry to get a quote.

You are going to install the floor yourself right?
post #8 of 19 Old 07-26-2007, 07:52 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Glad to be here...

Sorry for not jumping in this thread sooner, was traveling and at a trade show. We have dealers worldwide who can offer every level of service from just supplying the product to complete design and custom installation. You can also call the corporate office at 800-457-0174 and we can answer all your questions ( and take orders).You can always ask for meand if I am in, I would be happy to talk with you. Be sure to mention your are on the Ferrari Life Forum and you will get a deal.
Prices really range from style to style and volume. It can range from $2.75 to $3.50 a foot...but do call us.
:drive:
post #9 of 19 Old 07-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Pete,

Thanks for the support, if you go with RaceDeck let us all know! I think Dmitri is right, you might have to put in an inquiry to get a quote.

You are going to install the floor yourself right?
Andrew,
You guys are going to know all about this shop. I'll be posting a thread with photos soon to cover it's construction. Right now my shop is forest in the backyard. It will have 2 bays, the garage/workshop/men's hangout area will be 22'x36' and that is the side I will want the nice floor in. The other bay will be 18'x40' with a 14' ceiling and will sport a 10k lb, two-post lift. This will also be set up as a paint bay complete with infra-red heating. I'm building the garage I always wanted and will solicit the members here for ideas.

So I will have to call up Racedeck and see what kind of deal they can give me. Just going by the ballpark of $3.50/foot this floor will cost $2,772, the same money as the BendPak 10,000 pound Asymmetrical Two-post Automotive Lift. The 140' curved driveway will be hot paved for less than that. I'll have to look it all over and see what the benefits of the Racedeck floor would be over epoxy and determine if the difference is worth it to me.

Racedeck,
You said in your post that we can call and ask for you but you didn't give us your name? I will give your product serious consideration. I can think of one disadvantage to your floor system right now, I live in Maine where we have ice and snow, when the ice melts off the car I want to be able to squegee the water out the door. With your textured floor I can't run a floor squegee across it. An epoxy floor will squegee up nicely.

Capt. Pete
post #10 of 19 Old 07-26-2007, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Pete,

Very much looking forward to the play by play of the garage progress. It sounds like you are building everyone's dream garage. Having a lift would be awesome!

Did you see this link? A nice side by side comparison with epoxy.
It is "self-draining" so maybe that means you won't have to squegee water off it.

http://www.racedeck.com/epoxy.html

Come to think of it, I think my brothers company in Seattle was a dealer of this product. I remember we were at the Champ race and all the teams used this product in the paddock area and my brother mentioned it then, "oh we sell that stuff....it does blah blah"
post #11 of 19 Old 07-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Come to think of it, I think my brothers company in Seattle was a dealer of this product. I remember we were at the Champ race and all the teams used this product in the paddock area and my brother mentioned it then, "oh we sell that stuff....it does blah blah"
Are you talking about PrancingHorse? For $2 I owned him.

I am building everyone's dream garage. I could afford to upgrade the 308 but I decided to put together a nice garage instead. It will be "Man-Town". Heated, welding equipment, piped in compressed air, phone, cable, internet, lift, etc. All the boy toys. A nice place for my next project. My budget for the shop is about the same as the price for a nice 355.

My buddies have already thought about having oil change parties. Bring your own oil and filter and throw your beer in the fridge and and let's bring 'em in!

Capt. Pete

Last edited by Pete04222; 07-26-2007 at 11:19 PM.
post #12 of 19 Old 07-27-2007, 08:22 AM

Pete, that's wonderful! I've dreamed of building a garage like that! Definitely keep us posted on everything. We'd be happy to throw out suggestions and ideas! haha
post #13 of 19 Old 07-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Pete, How many bays will das uber garage have ?
post #14 of 19 Old 07-28-2007, 09:11 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 79
Question..........

How Much is he paying to the Ferrarlife.....
post #15 of 19 Old 07-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Pete, How many bays will das uber garage have ?
It will have 2 bays. The garage/hangout area will be 22'x36' with a 8'x16' door so it will fit 2 cars side-by-each and still have a minimum 12'x22' area to hang out and work on projects (more room if my truck is not in there). T,he other bay will be 18'x40' and the lift will be set about 18' from the back wall. It is an assymetrical lift so the car sits farther back on it. I should have about 12' of working room in front of the car. This bay will have a 12' tall door so in addition to being able to fit in 2 cars I could put a motorhome or a big boat in it.

So in total I should be able to fit 4 cars in this garage (5 if I pull one underneath the one on the lift) and still have plenty of room to walk around the rest of the shit that will be stuffed in there.

Capt. Pete
post #16 of 19 Old 07-28-2007, 01:06 PM

You're making me drool...
post #17 of 19 Old 07-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
You're making me drool...
You want to talk about drool factor....... There are 2 sides to this garage that I won't be able to see from the house, so I want small windows set 8' up from the ground. This is so no one that I can't see is able to see inside the garage. The contractor is going with an awning style window that is motorized so I can just push a button and all the windows open up. They have a moisture sensor so if it starts raining all the windows automatically close. He was telling me about it and I'm like, "Oh yeah, I need that."

Capt. Pete
post #18 of 19 Old 07-30-2007, 06:37 PM

Okay, now THAT is nice!

Once I am finished with school I am wanting to build a house out on our farm...just wait until you see my garage....I'm wanting the Basement to double as a workshop/garage...and since I'll be building it, don't be surprised if I have a ramp going down into a side of the house....or maybe even a hydraulic section in the yard pop up like Batman...or is that a little too far fetched? Haha.
post #19 of 19 Old 08-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 177
Looks like a great product. I will use it when I get into a new shop/garage or both. Will have to see what the new place has to offer or if I will have to build something. I will definately mention I saw it here on Ferrari Life!

Cheers!

There is nothing like a Ferrari, there never has been and never will be!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode