Just an Observation - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-15-2007, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Orange County, Calif.
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
Just an Observation

I just came back from a Ferrari drive and ride. There were 25 Ferraris. Five 550 Maranellos were there as were two Testarossas, a 275 GTB, a Daytona, 2 Dinos, a few older 3x8, and some 360s and 430s.

The drivers of the 12 cylinders were all older farts like me while the 360 and 430 drivers were young bucks. Maybe as one gets older, one sees why 12 is better than 8. Just wondering.


12 cylinders or walk
Bart is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 07-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Another possibility

It could also be that much of the V12s mentioned are more high end Fs' (price wise), thus more formidable to be acquired by the baby boomers. Jimmy
Italian Lover is online now  
post #3 of 8 Old 07-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
Hey!!!!!!!

I've got both, albeit the T isn't 'newer', and I'm OLD: yikes....now I'm not looking fwd to that b'day this month......

guess I'll use the 8 cylinder and feel younger.


but, to answer your question, most of the 12s don't seem quite 'sporty' enough or Ferrari concepted enough for the 'young bucks' to be readily identified...but true love of the 12s is not to be diminished....the bucko's will find that out soon enough. I mean, they would scream for an Enzo or F50 if given the chance.

Flash baby....and chicks: me I'm married......again [Ferraris still less expensive than an ex]

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Granucci is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 07-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
The drivers of the 12 cylinders were all older farts like me while the 360 and 430 drivers were young bucks. Maybe as one gets older, one sees why 12 is better than 8. Just wondering.

As you get older your hearing goes, and you can no longer hear 8 cylinders, therefore 12 are needed. Maybe a hearing aid would be cheaper

At nearly 40, I'm not a young gun, but I can still hear OK...pardon !!!!

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 07-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Owner
 
monza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Ferrari Life Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
As you get older your hearing goes, and you can no longer hear 8 cylinders, therefore 12 are needed. Maybe a hearing aid would be cheaper

At nearly 40, I'm not a young gun, but I can still hear OK...pardon !!!!
Fellas, i don't think hearing is a problem i would be concerned about when you age...

its the only muscle in our lower extremeties that really count , if that goes everything else does not matter anymore, mwahahahahaha

Chicago_Pete
hey slow driver
monza is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 07-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Owner
 
Saint Bastage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Essex Connecticut
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Please don't equate my Ferrari with "that Muscle". I'm so tired of hearing that question "what are you compensating for, tehehe" or "Mid Life crisis ehh" or for feeling guilty because I own one. I bought my Ferrari because I love the cars and have for as long as I can remember. I saw my first 348 in july of 1992 and decided then to dedicate my life to owning one. It sucks that I happen to be middle aged when I finally get around to realizing that dream. Not because I'm to old to enjoy it, but because it provides fuel to people that don't understand. I'm considering heavy tint on windows to prevent jerks from seeing me in my driver's seat. Screw'em all and get their Friggen mini vans outta my way.

Ohh....sorry about the rant...not you guys. Just had to get it off my chest. It's us against them, We win. God drives an Enzo . Funny...no one mentions his "muscle".

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

Last edited by Saint Bastage; 07-16-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Saint Bastage is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 07-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Interstate highways/trucks/stone chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
Please don't equate my Ferrari with "that Muscle". I'm so tired of hearing that question "what are you compensating for, tehehe" or "Mid Life crisis ehh" or for feeling guilty because I own one. I bought my Ferrari because I love the cars and have for as long as I can remember. I saw my first 348 in july of 1992 and decided then to dedicate my life to owning one. It sucks that I happen to be middle aged when I finally get around to realizing that dream. Not because I'm to old to enjoy it, but because it provides fuel to people that don't understand. I'm considering heavy tint on windows to prevent jerks from seeing me in my driver's seat. Screw'em all and get their Friggen mini vans outta my way.

Ohh....sorry about the rant...not you guys. Just had to get it off my chest. It's us against them, We win. God drives an Enzo . Funny...no one mentions his "muscle".
Good for you. Worse than minivans are the trucks on interstates and subsequent flying stone chips, but I have fond memories of the New England states. Jimmy
Italian Lover is online now  
post #8 of 8 Old 07-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by monza View Post
Fellas, i don't think hearing is a problem i would be concerned about when you age...

its the only muscle in our lower extremeties that really count , if that goes everything else does not matter anymore, mwahahahahaha
wife says the stick works.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Granucci is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale