New Member here - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-09-2017, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
New Member here

Hi everybody!
I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I currently own a 2006 f430 f1 that I purchased a few months ago and have been reading on the forum for months prior to my purchase gathering information. I just want to thank you all for your participation on the forum witch ultimately helped me to make my decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-10-2017, 01:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Georgee, allow me as first to welcome you to FL.

Members would love to see photos and read stories behind also.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
post #3 of 9 Old 07-10-2017, 01:41 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,317
Let me be the second; welcome to the forum.

I couldn't, and wouldn't, have purchased mine without the expert advice from forum members. Seven years in, they are still helping me avoid costly mistakes.

And I've made some fantastic friendships along the way.

I echo Jimmy, post pictures and share your story.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-10-2017, 08:26 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgee View Post
Hi everybody!
I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I currently own a 2006 f430 f1 that I purchased a few months ago and have been reading on the forum for months prior to my purchase gathering information. I just want to thank you all for your participation on the forum witch ultimately helped me to make my decision.

Welcome. The members in the site are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. I was pretty lost on how I would buy my F430 till I joined this site.

Please upload photos as we are all curious.

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,
post #5 of 9 Old 07-10-2017, 08:46 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,852
Welcome to Ferrari Life. Sounds like a nice Ferrari you own.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-10-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Thank you all for the warm welcome!
I picked up the car from a dealer in New Jersey and imported it back to Canada. I really wanted a black or white 430 and the selection was pretty slim in Canada at the time. This one already had the Manifolds replaced with a set of Fabspeed headers, and also has the carbon fibre air boxes with BMC filters. The wheels were also upgraded to the dark grey Scud wheels. Yellow calipers, yellow tach, blk leather with white stitching and light grey inserts on the seats. Power daytona. Since its been in my possession I changed all the fluids and spark plugs. 30k on the dash. There was an issue with the idle surging and my mechanic performed a smoke test and found the intake gasket had a small leak so he replaced old paper gasket and installed a new steel gasket. I am having a bit of difficulty trying to upload some pics.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-11-2017, 01:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Georgee, it takes a bit of learning curve. Most likely the problem is the size which you would need to minimize (reformat) within the allowable to post.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
post #8 of 9 Old 07-11-2017, 03:23 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgee View Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome!
I picked up the car from a dealer in New Jersey and imported it back to Canada. This one already had the Manifolds replaced with a set of Fabspeed headers, and also has the carbon fibre air boxes with BMC filters. The wheels were also upgraded to the dark grey Scud wheels.
Hello Georgee,

A warm welcome from north of the 52 parallel (Edmonton). We are now experiencing our 2 months of poor ice skating, but no one is complaining Like you, I have struggled with the lack of used Ferrari selection in Canada and have resorted to importing.

I'm a traditionalist, so non-OME modifications are not my preference, but fully understand others just love to modify their ride. About 10 years ago, the Ferrari Classiche Certification program was launched, and so far I've seen mixed reviews. In short, this certification confirms that an individual Ferrari car is "all original" and has not been modified. Seeing that your F430 has been modified, it may be something worthwhile for you to know about.

Like all of the others here, I'm looking forward to seeing your new F430...enjoy!

Regards,
Gianni

1999 Ferrari 550 Maranello FHP; 1999 Ferrari 456M GT; 1996 Buick Riviera; 2008 Bentley GT; 2010 Lotus Evora; 1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV;
Past cars: 1965 Corvette Stingray Roadster; 1974 Corvette Stingray.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-02-2017, 07:08 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Welcome and congrats. I'll bet she is beautiful and a blast to drive.

As someone who used to own a F355 and now looking to get into another F car, I cannot get enough of Ferrari pics. Please post some when you can

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode