70th. anniversary celebrations in Maranello - Page 2 - Ferrari Life
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 Old 09-08-2017, 08:38 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
Same, I would love to see all those models gathered in one place. I'll definitely have to go and try this with my buddy from DSRLeasing, things like that cannot be missed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 09-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
It ain't sad, John, it's despicable. And one may be certain that Ferrari is going to pay for its arrogance, cozening to the few super-rich who commission the one-offs and buy the 8-figure 1950's/1960's cars. And disdaining the unwashed who support factory sales and the entire market by buying 'pre-owned' Ferraris. Unfortunately that is likely to occur after The Sweater has retired. I recollect that when he spun Ferrari off he stated that he would retire in 2018. I rather believe he will wish to stay on the gravy train a bit longer but not so long as to reap the whirlwind ("he who sows the wind shall reap.....")

just my 2c
Agree completely and this is one of the core reasons I have very little to do with Ferrari these days. It's sad.
post #23 of 28 Old 09-16-2017, 03:12 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Agree completely and this is one of the core reasons I have very little to do with Ferrari these days. It's sad.
The passion for Ferrari is starting to wane for some not because of the cars but mainly for the distorted image of self importance that Ferrari corporate has been displaying. Not that long ago when the iconic Brand meant something there was none to compete with them. Today there are other cars equal or better for us to own at a price point that doesn't feel like we're getting bent over every time we buy them. I've been on a factory tour in Maranello twice and it was a great experience. I remember marveling at the technology on the production line and being grateful for being able to own more than one of these machines. Maybe it's me and I'm not quite ready to give up on them but I do know this. The days of living off a Brand's name only are over and Ferrari better realize it or they will gradually lose their patronage. And as you say that would be a sad day.

Current: 2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello Argento/Black
2017 Audi R8 Daytona Grey/Vermont Brown
2016 Porsche Spyder Black/Black
1957 Speedster Pewter/Saddle

post #24 of 28 Old 09-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Tom, not sure I love the direction Ferrari is heading. For one, the departure from Pininfarina is a massive mistake in my eyes. I love the 458 but feel the 488 is a fail. To me, the passion of Ferrari is unmistakable and totally different to any other make. I don't feel the same about any other cars like Audi, Lambo etc. I only hope Sergio does not destroy the Ferrari will all love.
post #25 of 28 Old 09-18-2017, 06:48 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rocks View Post
Tom, not sure I love the direction Ferrari is heading. For one, the departure from Pininfarina is a massive mistake in my eyes. I love the 458 but feel the 488 is a fail. To me, the passion of Ferrari is unmistakable and totally different to any other make. I don't feel the same about any other cars like Audi, Lambo etc. I only hope Sergio does not destroy the Ferrari will all love.
I agree Dave. Such beautiful machines with amazing history. BTW my 550 Maranello took a platinum award at the Ferrara Fall Festival this weekend. Your refinishing of all my sticky parts helped a lot with the judges. They thought the interior looked great. Thanks again
dave rocks likes this.

Current: 2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello Argento/Black
2017 Audi R8 Daytona Grey/Vermont Brown
2016 Porsche Spyder Black/Black
1957 Speedster Pewter/Saddle
post #26 of 28 Old 09-18-2017, 09:30 AM
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
I agree Dave. Such beautiful machines with amazing history. BTW my 550 Maranello took a platinum award at the Ferrara Fall Festival this weekend. Your refinishing of all my sticky parts helped a lot with the judges. They thought the interior looked great. Thanks again
Glad to hear you won an award - that's great! Thanks, Tom. It was a pleasure to help you and great to meet you years ago and become friends.
post #27 of 28 Old 09-19-2017, 06:52 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rocks View Post

Why did Ferrari break from Pininfarina?
post #28 of 28 Old 09-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1YMS View Post
Why did Ferrari break from Pininfarina?
I don't know and I'm not sure it's a solid break. I do recall hearing around the LaFerrari time that they still planned to work with them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode