F12 TdF - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-29-2016, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Bluebottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Exeter, England
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
F12 TdF

I saw this beauty when I called in to my local Ferrari dealer this week - waiting for its lucky new owner. Looks even better in the flesh.
Attached Images
             

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
Website: http://bluebottleonline.com/
Bluebottle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 10-29-2016, 12:13 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Surely, one of the nicest design among the modern F cars IMHO.

Probably more of a track/race setup than road going performance.

It is as if owning a truly special thoroughbred in your barn and taking her out for a walk or stroll, which is not what she was intended for, contrary to the intent and results in frustration. Such breed is meant to be unleashed and that is not easy task given the realities.

I know, just keeping her still like that is a source of gratification also but frustration also.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
Italian Lover is online now  
post #3 of 13 Old 10-30-2016, 11:10 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
I concur Jimmy.
In that car, you could break every known speed limit simply crossing an intersection.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
Killer58 is online now  
 
post #4 of 13 Old 10-30-2016, 12:20 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
I concur Jimmy.
In that car, you could break every known speed limit simply crossing an intersection.
Here in Tokyo, there are many exotic car owners flaunting their super cars where street speed limit max is 60kph (not mph).

To be honest, I would rather step hard and rev my Giannini 590GT and try to get the most out of her (still, going rather civilized at 70kph) in the upper rpm range than "pushing" a F12 hovering under 2000rpm in a stop and go street. Oh well, sounding like a gripe from someone who cannot afford such extreme cars.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
Italian Lover is online now  
post #5 of 13 Old 10-30-2016, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Bluebottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Exeter, England
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
I agree. Fortunately for me, the previous owner of my Dino did not: he sold it to me in order to fund the purchase of his F12 TdF (not the one in the pictures).

Lovely as the F12 TdF is, it is way too fast for me. And when I sat in the driver's seat, I was faced with a bewildering array of controls, levers, buttons and switches in front of me to set this, that and the other. The joy of my Dino is that there are hardly any - I can just get in and drive!

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
Website: http://bluebottleonline.com/
Bluebottle is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 10-30-2016, 02:06 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post
I agree. Fortunately for me, the previous owner of my Dino did not: he sold it to me in order to fund the purchase of his F12 TdF (not the one in the pictures).

Lovely as the F12 TdF is, it is way too fast for me. And when I sat in the driver's seat, I was faced with a bewildering array of controls, levers, buttons and switches in front of me to set this, that and the other. The joy of my Dino is that there are hardly any - I can just get in and drive!
John, being a lucky Dino owner myself, perfectly understood.

Being what I am, was never set out to conquer but simply enjoy.

Like I said earlier, seeing cars like F40, F50 and even LaFerrari here, they are impressive sites to see but at the same time feel a bit sorry for the owners too. Maximum speed limits of 80kph on tollways...

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
Italian Lover is online now  
post #7 of 13 Old 10-30-2016, 02:22 PM
Owner
 
Admiral Goodwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Ferrari Life Posts: 738
Dear Jimmy and John

I fully agree with you and John. Here is what I face when I set out to drive.

Best regards,
Attached Images
 

Robert

Past: 500 Mondial S2 0556(0446)/MD owned 58 years from June 1960 to August 2018
Admiral Goodwrench is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 10-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Goodwrench View Post
Dear Jimmy and John

I fully agree with you and John. Here is what I face when I set out to drive.

Best regards,
Hello Admiral,

That is the epitome of facing the elements head on. That would be the closest to a motorbike except with four wheels. I doubt creature comfort crossed their mind when designed. How do you even keep up with all the mechanical challenges ? Way over my head.

So far the closest I have would be my 1965 Datsun 1600 SPL311 with the low windshield. At least for me, this is the closest to a truly open air roadster that is exhilarating to drive.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
Attached Images
   

Italian Lover
Italian Lover is online now  
post #9 of 13 Old 10-31-2016, 02:35 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Lover View Post
To be honest, I would rather step hard and rev my Giannini 590GT and try to get the most out of her (still, going rather civilized at 70kph) in the upper rpm range than "pushing" a F12 hovering under 2000rpm in a stop and go street. Oh well, sounding like a gripe from someone who cannot afford such extreme cars.
Oh Jimmy, we are sounding like two old men!
But again, I agree. Driving my little Triumph at 60 feels like seat of the pants / edge of control excitement.
To get that same feeling in the Spider, I'd have to be going three times that fast.

Admiral, you're my roll model. I hope to be with my LRC (little red car) for another 30 years!

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
Killer58 is online now  
post #10 of 13 Old 10-31-2016, 03:36 AM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
Oh Jimmy, we are sounding like two old men!
But again, I agree. Driving my little Triumph at 60 feels like seat of the pants / edge of control excitement.
To get that same feeling in the Spider, I'd have to be going three times that fast.

Admiral, you're my roll model. I hope to be with my LRC (little red car) for another 30 years!
How true,...but I would rather like to think of it as being more enlightened.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
Italian Lover is online now  
post #11 of 13 Old 10-31-2016, 08:37 AM
Owner
 
Admiral Goodwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Ferrari Life Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Lover View Post
Hello Admiral,

That is the epitome of facing the elements head on...
Jimmy
Funny how that statement brought to mind crossing the continental divide in New Mexico at over 7,200 feet elevation on old route 66 in a driving blizzard and of course the Ferrari heater was not working. The scariest part was watching the oil temp gauge slowly falling. Interesting that at age 28 driving coat to coast before the interstates in an open race car with no top did not seem that big a deal, but 52 years later I sometimes wonder...

Looks like we have totally hijacked this thread, sorry OP.

Best regards,

Robert

Past: 500 Mondial S2 0556(0446)/MD owned 58 years from June 1960 to August 2018
Admiral Goodwrench is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 10-31-2016, 02:05 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Jimmy, John- Admiral- If I could afford a TDF, which I cannot, that would be exactly how I would have specced her.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 10-31-2016, 02:43 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Jimmy, John- Admiral- If I could afford a TDF, which I cannot, that would be exactly how I would have specced her.
Terry, certainly one of the prettiest modern Ferraris IMHO, and kudos to your fine taste.

If I were in a position to afford one, I would acquire just for her looks. Certainly do not have the appropriate driving skills myself.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
Italian Lover is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale