Ferrari Factory Tour July 2016 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-05-2016, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 244
Ferrari Factory Tour July 2016

I will be visiting the factory in July this year and would appreciate any ideas/ advise about what to take in or do in and around Maranello.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,332
FFL,
Congrats, you're going to really enjoy it.
Many of the members here have toured Maranello & Modena. Suggest you do a search for their write-ups.
They will include several descriptions of the tour itself, as well as recommendations for restaurants, hotels, and additional things to do.
Search for my posts, I've done at least two.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-05-2016, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
FFL,
Congrats, you're going to really enjoy it.
Many of the members here have toured Maranello & Modena. Suggest you do a search for their write-ups.
They will include several descriptions of the tour itself, as well as recommendations for restaurants, hotels, and additional things to do.
Search for my posts, I've done at least two.
I will do that. Thank you.

post #4 of 11 Old 04-06-2016, 01:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1fanforlife View Post
I will be visiting the factory in July this year and would appreciate any ideas/ advise about what to take in or do in and around Maranello.
Thank you.
Ciao Kevin,
i live in Cesena, at 120 km to Modena on the coast of the Adriatic,
How many days you will remain in Maranello and wath do you prefer to visit? ... Museum... or other?
There is also Pagani not far from Maranello and it is possible to visit.

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
post #5 of 11 Old 04-09-2016, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
Ciao Kevin,
i live in Cesena, at 120 km to Modena on the coast of the Adriatic,
How many days you will remain in Maranello and wath do you prefer to visit? ... Museum... or other?
There is also Pagani not far from Maranello and it is possible to visit.
Ciao Fabio,
Thank you for your reply. I am not sure how many days we will be in Maranello. Probably 2. I have been to the Pagani factory and to Lamborghini. I might do Pagani again as it is one of my favorites. Looking for advice on good places to eat and of course to get in as much of the Ferrari experience as possible.
Grazie,
Kevin.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-10-2016, 05:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,332
Our favorite place to eat is Antika Moka in Modena.
Sandro and his mother make some of the best food on the planet.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-14-2016, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
Our favorite place to eat is Antika Moka in Modena.
Sandro and his mother make some of the best food on the planet.
Thank you. I will certainly check it out.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-15-2016, 03:46 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,502
I'll second that - Antika Moka is BRILLIANT!

We went not to Maranello, but to Modena in September, to collect our new Maserati, so you may pick up some ideas from my threads in re that visit, both other list members' recommendations before our trip - see:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/dr...ns-please.html

and our own experience - see:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/dr...tml#post658153

I hope you have a great trip. Maranello is still on my To Do list.

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #9 of 11 Old 04-16-2016, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post
I'll second that - Antika Moka is BRILLIANT!

We went not to Maranello, but to Modena in September, to collect our new Maserati, so you may pick up some ideas from my threads in re that visit, both other list members' recommendations before our trip - see:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/dr...ns-please.html

and our own experience - see:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/dr...tml#post658153

I hope you have a great trip. Maranello is still on my To Do list.
Thanks so much John. A lot of useful information and thank you for the links. Sounds like you had a fantastic time. I can't wait to feel like a kid in a toy store again.
Kevin.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-17-2016, 05:15 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1fanforlife View Post
Thanks so much John. A lot of useful information and thank you for the links. Sounds like you had a fantastic time. I can't wait to feel like a kid in a toy store again.
Kevin.
Yes, we really did have an amazing visit. I had never collected a new car from any factory, but by all accounts we hit gold with Maserati, who really made us feel very special. I am told (by my local Ferrari & Maserati agent, who accompanies clients on factory collections), that it was far better than the Ferrari experience, and by a Mercedes Benz owner (who, ironically, we met at the Maserati factory - he was with a group doing a factory tour) that their factory collection experience was absolute rubbish. It appears that the factory collection experience varies in inverse proportion to the number of customers who do it: Ferrari customers of my F&M agent opting for factory collection considerably outnumber the Maserati customers and I gather that at the M-B factory collection there are ten or twenty arriving at any one time, so it is a case of "yes, you are number 10 today, your car is over there, have a safe journey home".

I hope you have a great time on your trip. There is so much to see and do (and eat!) in Modena, let alone Maranello, so I suggest you allow at least a month!!

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #11 of 11 Old 04-27-2016, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post
Yes, we really did have an amazing visit. I had never collected a new car from any factory, but by all accounts we hit gold with Maserati, who really made us feel very special. I am told (by my local Ferrari & Maserati agent, who accompanies clients on factory collections), that it was far better than the Ferrari experience, and by a Mercedes Benz owner (who, ironically, we met at the Maserati factory - he was with a group doing a factory tour) that their factory collection experience was absolute rubbish. It appears that the factory collection experience varies in inverse proportion to the number of customers who do it: Ferrari customers of my F&M agent opting for factory collection considerably outnumber the Maserati customers and I gather that at the M-B factory collection there are ten or twenty arriving at any one time, so it is a case of "yes, you are number 10 today, your car is over there, have a safe journey home".

I hope you have a great time on your trip. There is so much to see and do (and eat!) in Modena, let alone Maranello, so I suggest you allow at least a month!!
Hi John,
Sorry about the late response but for some reason I did not get the email notification even though I have it set in the subscribe options.
I feel like I need to go out and buy a Maserati just to have the experience you described. I appreciate your input and for sharing your experience. I am really looking forward to the trip. Can't come soon enough.
Thanks again,
Best regards,
Kevin.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode