New Concepts of the Myth - The 20 finalist models exhibited - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-28-2005, 04:40 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
New Concepts of the Myth - The 20 finalist models exhibited

Maranello, October 26th - The new Ferrari's concepts of the myth are now a reality. The selection of the 20 best nominies for the Ferrari of the future, created by automotive design students of four of the most prestigious schools worldwide (Center for Creative Studies of Detroit, Coventry School of Art and Design, European Institute of Design of Turin and Tokyo Communication Arts), will be exhibited at the Galleria Ferrari in Maranello, starting from this Friday, October 28th. The contest, organized in partnership with Pininfarina and with the support of Alcoa - the company that produces aluminium spaceframes for Ferrari - has seen at work, in the last months, the most talented of each college. The students have been challenging themselves in the production of scale 1:4 Ferrari models, innovative and fresh in style and functionality as well as in external and internal volumes, proposing stimulating alternatives to the internationally acclaimed shapes of the current and previous mid-engined eight cylinder cars and the front-engined twelve cylinder cars. In November 18th, the Galleria Ferrari will host the prize-giving ceremony. The 20 selected projects will be voted by a technical board of jurors, including the Ferrari Style Committee, whose main members are Luca di Montezemolo, Piero Ferrari, Jean Todt, Amedeo Felisa e Massimo Fumarola - and the senior management of Pininfarina (Senator Sergio Pininfarina, Andrea Pininfarina and Ken Okuyama). For the four winners, the exceptional opportunity of work experience at Ferrari or Pininfarina, transforming the academic project into professional practice. To these, the winner of the Alcoa award, who will get an aluminum reproduction of its model and, in case of significant proposals, special mentions will be added.

I haven't seen any pictures yet, except of a yellow 612 like car, but I have no idea or it is part of that competition. Anyone going to the galleria these days?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-29-2005, 11:07 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 71
Hi all,

I HOPE who ever goes they take LOTS of PICS!!! This would be sooooo cool to attend!
post #3 of 9 Old 11-10-2005, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

http://www.autoweek.nl/newsimages.ph...81&p=1&d=&ref=

links to some pics. Mostly based on other models, and not very appealing to the eye imo.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-10-2005, 05:16 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 509
Wow, I dont like any of them.

Too many of them resemble other models. I do like the fact they went a little vintage on some designs, but still, a copy is a copy.

The ones that dont resemble other models are hideous.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-10-2005, 08:51 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 71
Hi all,

I don't know guys I like the looks of a couple of them, esp. pic #2.....Anyone know where we could see more, or multiple angles of these cars??

edit: Or does anyone know of a site not with just more pics, but names of the protos?? Also what is the difference between autoweek.nl and autoweek.com.....Cuz I can't find anything on this topic at the .com location.......Which is weird to say the least.........
post #6 of 9 Old 11-11-2005, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Autoweek.nl is Dutch, autoweek.com American, 2 very different magazines.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-11-2005, 09:21 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 280
Yeah, they are hideous.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_jacob77
Or does anyone know of a site not with just more pics, but names of the protos??
This site has all the pics with the names under the photos - http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/nextferrari1nov05/
post #9 of 9 Old 11-12-2005, 04:05 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 135
Checking them out now, Im thinking of going to Conventry to do an MA in Automotive design after i finish my degree

Oh and by the way the first game i worked on will be out soon "Ford Vs Chevy" now being that you guys are avid ferrari enthusiasts you proberly won't buy it, but i thought i'd boast anyhow

Oh and ive been working on a 3d Ferrari 430 in my spare time (Which is very little time) will show you guys pics soon!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode