Why do alot of Lamborghini owners despise Ferrari? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 Old 10-24-2005, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 280
Why do alot of Lamborghini owners despise Ferrari?

I really don't see the point. I mean, some really get into hating Ferrari's. I don't hate Lamborghini's just because I like Ferrari's. My only problem with Lambo is that they seem to just try to be flashy and sort of futuristic, while the Ferrari is a true work of art.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 Old 10-24-2005, 08:04 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 509
Re: Why do alot of Lamborghini owners despise Ferrari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariKiller
I really don't see the point. I mean, some really get into hating Ferrari's. I don't hate Lamborghini's just because I like Ferrari's. My only problem with Lambo is that they seem to just try to be flashy and sort of futuristic, while the Ferrari is a true work of art.
I agree with the whole flashy futuristic thing, I appreciate F-cars because of their classyness.

I dont think it is anything personal against ferrari per se, its just the close competition in the market (raging out against the new Honda seems to be a moot point). They have to justify their purchase (or passion) through one means or another and self validation is extremely gratifying. Couple that with other Lambo owners/ferrari haters and you have an equation for lots of angry lambo owners.

Its not only lambo/ferrari, mind you. Some people get crazy over the smallest things ... its got to be the self-validation thing, either that or they have WAY too much time on their hands.
post #3 of 71 Old 10-24-2005, 08:23 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
I like both

but I don´t own any

yet! :wink:

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy

post #4 of 71 Old 10-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 131
Quote:
Just like the cars themselves, the Lambo owners are usually over the top. The current incarnation of the lambo is just a big huge dumb car. Remember when the Diablo came out and everyone was talking about it becuase it could do 202 mile per hour? ...but nobody talked about how the dammed thing would wander all over the place on its own accord!
Meanwhile the F40 could do 196 with fighterjet-like precision all day long.
This is why they hate Ferrari. Just like the origonal man, Lambo, he owned Ferraris and didnt like them and set out to build his own cars and I think they are over mediocre at best....
(...kinda tough to beat the GTO... really....) :green:

2002 BMW R1150GS
2006 Triumph Speed Triple
2004 KTM 525 Sled
1975 Honda CB400F
1963 Ferrari 250 SWB - Not quite yet....

“We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring, will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”

T.S. Eliot
post #5 of 71 Old 10-24-2005, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Well I do recognize that their newer cars are better, but I just don't see how they can act as if a Ferrari is no comparision. I mean, I'm not downing them at the same time, but a Ferrari is a monster! I wouldn't mind to have a Lamborghini, but I'd even take a slightly older model Ferrari over even the newest Lambo's.

On a different note:
I even like the F40 more than the McLaren F1 of it's day. Even though the F1 would go faster, the F40 I think was just a much better car all around. Did they ever compare the F40 and F1?
post #6 of 71 Old 10-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
When your company builds a car near Ferrari and you do not race, then your only comment will be that the Lambo is better.
Oh, well.

8)

12 cylinders or walk
post #7 of 71 Old 10-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Well I do recognize that their newer cars are better, but I just don't see how they can act as if a Ferrari is no comparision. I mean, I'm not downing them at the same time, but a Ferrari is a monster! I wouldn't mind to have a Lamborghini, but I'd even take a slightly older model Ferrari over even the newest Lambo's.

On a different note:
I even like the F40 more than the McLaren F1 of it's day. Even though the F1 would go faster, the F40 I think was just a much better car all around. Did they ever compare the F40 and F1?
There is a great Top Gear episode from a year or two back on the Enzo. This episdoe also includes a segment on the F40 and McLaren F1.
post #8 of 71 Old 10-24-2005, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer
Quote:

On a different note:
There is a great Top Gear episode from a year or two back on the Enzo. This episdoe also includes a segment on the F40 and McLaren F1.
I have that episode, it is great. Jeremy compares supercars of today against supercars of yesteryear. I wont spoil the ending but you have to know that the f-car comes out on top. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions/requests about the episode.
post #9 of 71 Old 10-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
When I think of Ferrari's I think of sophistocated people with a taste for the finer things in life. When I think of Lamborghini's I think of Rap Stars and gold jewelry.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #10 of 71 Old 10-25-2005, 03:10 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
I think a lot of people say about Ferrari owners that they are pricks because they have too much money, and that they won't talk to you anyway. I've heard this several times.

An asshole is an asshole, the car he drives is just the car he drives. I'm sure there are assholes in every brand of car you can think of.
post #11 of 71 Old 10-25-2005, 03:51 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 566
I have heard it said this way, and I think it sums it up nicely:

"You drive a Ferrari because you are somebody; you drive a Lambo because you want to be perceived as being somebody".

These two marques started out not just as competitors but antagonists! Today, they truly draw essentially different clienteles. Due to the fact stated in Dr. Bob's post that Lamborghini has no racing heritage to speak of whereas Ferrari's heritage is ONLY racing; it has legends as part of its history. That is why Lambos tend to don outrageous styling and flashy colors, whereas Ferraris, outside of red and yellow have more muted colors [example being 4-5 shades of grey/silver and at least that much, if not more blues, and even greens and browns].

BTW if you haven't seen "Victory by Design: Ferrari" it is a video icon! 8)

"Liberals are the pallbearers of societies"

'88.3 Testarossa
'83 Mondial QV (sold!)
post #12 of 71 Old 10-25-2005, 05:05 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Wow, you guys are harsh…comparing the two because of idiot owners ?!?!?!?!

My heart is with Ferrari more than any other car but Lambo has a very special place there too. Why ? It’s a beautiful piece of Italian design as well. See Italian cars to me are made to make your feeling go wild with raw emotions, Ferrari was born for racing and nobody can dispute that fact.

Lamborghini is an awesome piece of machinery. The volume they produce is not even close to Ferrari and they are still going strong. To me that means something from a manufacturer that doesn’t race !!! I once had the magnificent opportunity to drive a Countach as well as a ride in a Diablo. It was amazing, did it compare to a Ferrari…no neither did the Ferrari to Lambo because they are two very different cars. Both cars to me bring out raw emotions, and if I had the money, I would buy one in a heart beat….why ??? to be able to say I own the two best piece of Italian machinery out there.

Dont talk down to the machine because a sleazy dumb ass lawyer who thinks he’s God’s gift to the world, screws people out of everything they own and drives a Lamborghini or Ferrari. The owner does not make the car……never have, never will !

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #13 of 71 Old 10-25-2005, 05:06 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222
When I think of Ferrari's I think of sophistocated people with a taste for the finer things in life. When I think of Lamborghini's I think of Rap Stars and gold jewelry.
I think the problem starts with the brand's icon. In the case of Lamborghini, a bull. The Bull is mounted on the front hood of the car, the driver sits behind the bull. Nature takes its course and the bull produces.....which is directed at the driver. :wink:

and this is where the problems start
post #14 of 71 Old 10-25-2005, 06:18 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Don't forget, the only reason Lamborghini ever built a car was because he was pissed off at Ferrari.

The Lambo has no history, no heritage, it doesn't "mean" anything.

Capt. Pete
post #15 of 71 Old 10-25-2005, 06:20 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum6464
See Italian cars to me are made to make your feeling go wild with raw emotions
Does a Fiat do this for you as well? :green: :green: :green:

Capt. Pete
post #16 of 71 Old 10-25-2005, 07:35 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 218
Fiat is wonderful

As a descendant from Fiat factory workers (and some still working there), I can honestly say I respect and like all Italians cars... from the lowly Fiat to the fearsome Ferrari.

They are so connected (esp: Fiat) to the Italian pre-war/and modern post-war national self-image that you can't help but love them all.

As for people saying "Lambo is nothing" etc.., I say that is wrong. It does have history, the History of Ferruccio Lamborghini and his legendary feud with a certain Signore Ferrari. In the sense of Italian history, both men are legends, they were the cavalieri, the 'captains of industry' and led quite exciting lifes for the era. If Lambo wasn't there for all these years, making exotic and powerful cars, Ferrari would have had lost alot of its magic to me... They are the two sides of the Italian character. One, the well-bred Stallion, with a proud and noble history. Always good to look at it and drive, never gaudy, but sometimes finicky. Almost something from the Renaissance or the era of the Savoy family and nobles... The other, a hot blooded Latin bull, always saying "hey look at me!", loud, mean, erotic and from another world... The Italy of 'Toto' Riina...

The well-bred Stallion of Maranello facing off against the raging Bull from Sant Agata is an automotive legacy that is great and only helped these companies turn out the cars that we love today.

bahh I'm just a history nerd who happens to like cars aswell!
post #17 of 71 Old 10-25-2005, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

I have that Top Gear episode, but I am curious to see which car would go around a track faster. It's hard to tell...
post #18 of 71 Old 10-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
I cant believe im ready this garbage about Lamborghini from you guys of all people. Everyone says people who own Ferrari’s are stuck up pricks, and all this time in other posts you are saying this is untrue we just deeply love cars and Ferrari is our first love. But then you turn around and talk trash about everyone else. What kind of hypocrite shit is that ???

"You drive a Ferrari because you are somebody; you drive a Lambo because you want to be perceived as being somebody". Give me a MF break ! People who love Lamborghini to the core like we love…woops…like I love Ferrari don’t talk like this.

Who cares if some stupid rap star owns a Lambo, a Ferrari or a Pontiac GTO just to say he owns one what do you care ?!?!? I don’t

By the way, learn your Ferrari History, Fiat and Alfa Romeo are a big part of what inspired Ferrari being where it is today, as well as the influence of Ferruccio Lamborghini. A man who had the balls to tell Ferrari he didn’t like his clutch, was told “go and build your own cars…” and he did, successfully, to me that man deserves my respect…

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #19 of 71 Old 10-25-2005, 01:37 PM

Re: Why do alot of Lamborghini owners despise Ferrari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyJunc
Its not only lambo/ferrari, mind you. Some people get crazy over the smallest things ... its got to be the self-validation thing, either that or they have WAY too much time on their hands.

It seems as though its also ferrari owners hating Lambos! :wink: :wink:

I dont care for the styling on the lambos as much, but Im sure they're capable cars. I have a video of some racing against a ferrari, nsx, M3, and they preformed quite well. Never had the pleasure of being within 50 ft of one though.
post #20 of 71 Old 10-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum6464
I cant believe im ready this garbage about Lamborghini from you guys of all people. Everyone says people who own Ferrari’s are stuck up pricks, and all this time in other posts you are saying this is untrue we just deeply love cars and Ferrari is our first love. But then you turn around and talk trash about everyone else. What kind of hypocrite shit is that ???

"You drive a Ferrari because you are somebody; you drive a Lambo because you want to be perceived as being somebody". Gime me a MF break ! People who love Lamborghini to the core like we love…woops…like I love Ferrari don’t talk like this.

Who cares if some stupid rap star owns a Lambo, a Ferrari or a Pontiac GTO just to say he owns one what do you care ?!?!? I don’t

By the way, learn your Ferrari History, Fiat and Alfa Romeo are a big part of what inspired Ferrari being where it is today, as well as the influence of Ferruccio Lamborghini. A man who had the balls to tell Ferrari he didn’t like his clutch, was told “go and build your own cars…” and he did, successfully, to me that man deserves my respect…
Point well taken.

Capt. Pete

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode