Are Ferrari fans typically racing fans? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Are Ferrari fans typically racing fans?

I read the story about Enzo Ferrari and his love for racing. I always enjoy reading about people who know exactly what they want to do, and do it. Do people who buy Ferrari(or want to) have the same enthusiasm for racing?

Also, is it possible to find vintage junker Ferraris in the United States?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 08:57 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
well, I´m not a Ferrari owner (YET), but I´m a Ferrari lover, and yes, also a race lover

stock car, DTM, GT, F3000, F3, F1, it´s all cool 8)

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #3 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 03:39 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 509
In all honesty I havent ever really gotten into the whole racing thing. I might have if there was exposure around here (US of A). Biggest racing exposure I get is NASCAR, and I dont know how much I really care about NASCAR.

Im a Ferrari fan and always will be. I appreciate the Ferrari Heritage and the interests of the company, I guess I just have to pay more attention to whats on TV.

post #4 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
I always loved Ferrari and Racing but a person who loves racing doesn’t mean they love Ferrari's. Some like American Co. some love Japanese, German, we here just happen to love our red heads

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #5 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 131
I personally dont really recognize NASCAR as racing....
I know what goes on on the track during a nascar race but I dont see it as being a race if you dont turn right.....again, thats just me.
Im not much of a fan of Dragracing either, but I think drag racing is harder than NASCAR anyday.

....and yes Im a huge race fan. World Superbike, World GP, World Rally, Formula 1 and thats about it.

....oh ya, and Historical Motor Vehicle since I was 12

2002 BMW R1150GS
2006 Triumph Speed Triple
2004 KTM 525 Sled
1975 Honda CB400F
1963 Ferrari 250 SWB - Not quite yet....

“We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring, will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”

T.S. Eliot
post #6 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 131
I know what goes on on the track during a nascar race but I dont see it as being a race if you dont turn right.....again, thats just me.
Im not much of a fan of Dragracing either, but I think drag racing is harder than NASCAR anyday.

....and yes Im a huge race fan. World Superbike, World GP, World Rally, Formula 1 and thats about it.

2002 BMW R1150GS
2006 Triumph Speed Triple
2004 KTM 525 Sled
1975 Honda CB400F
1963 Ferrari 250 SWB - Not quite yet....

“We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring, will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”

T.S. Eliot
post #7 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 10:04 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 218
I'm not a big fan of NASCAR either, but aren't there some tracks with "turns" and such?

I always thought it was a 'contest' of mechanics, engines, pit crews, reliablity etc... just as much as winning
post #8 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 10:05 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 280
I am bit really a fan of racing. I like watching some rallies, but F1 and NASCAR and stuff is quite boring, to me.

I love Ferrari's for the road. I find it awesome that they bring F1 into street cars, but I'd much rather be in a car than watching one.
post #9 of 11 Old 10-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
I love Nascar Racing, the company I work for has a car and sponsor quite a few races. Our family used to own and drive an official drag racing car & team fully sponsored by Pennzoil. 1/4 mile in 8 sec, what a rush and will scare the crap out of anyone...Im like a heroin addict when it comes to speed (safe environment) or by myself.

Drag racing is pretty impressive to me, a big block engine 500Ci with 1100 bhp normally aspirated. You have to have good reflexes with the Christmas tree and you have to stay within you time (class) or your eliminated. If your class says no faster that 8 secs and you finish at 7.9823, even if you come in first, you lose !

Nascar well its pretty special to have a car with no wings like F1 and still make 200+ mph in the straight and 180 in the curves. There are also track races. Anyone who thinks Nascar is easy, rent an XBOX game and let me know how you like the adjustments to make the car turn. :roll:

To me all racing is impressive. It’s an expensive sport that requires talent, a good team and excellent communication and any team that wins a race…hats off :lol:

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #10 of 11 Old 10-23-2005, 10:50 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 71
Hi all,

Big fan of both!!
post #11 of 11 Old 10-24-2005, 03:54 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta

I acknowledge the fact NASCAR is racing. When I once said that they never made any turns I was promptly put in my place and told that, yes, they run track races like once or twice a season (or something like that). Either way I just dont get much out of it ... but some swear by it which is fine by me.

Drag racing is awesome. I have a muscle car so my dad and I have been down to the track many times to check out others on the 1/4 mile. I have never done it myself. One experience stands out above the rest, a rail car with a jet turbine strapped to the back. That was intense. I have pics (somewhere) of a 25 foot flame being blasted out the back of the car just trying to get to the line. Very cool stuff.

I LOVE track racing with gt cars. Unfortunatley we dont get a lot of that out here in PA. Every once and a while I stop to check it out if I find it on the boob tube. Otherwise I stick to my xBox.

By the way ... I'll have to post a video of my Series 2 GTO around Laguna Seca when I get a chance ... games are getting better and better!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode