Ferrari versus everyone else - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 10-11-2005, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
Ferrari versus everyone else

There was a time in which driving a Ferrari was unique. I live in Orange County. Now with all the mid-engine V-8s being made, makes the Ferrari like the Porsche. Darn, I wish Ferrari would keep the production numbers down but that may not be possible. The V-8 Ferrari is turning into the flat 6 of Porsche. So many are being made that anyone can get one. Rats.

Why could not Mr. Ferrari live forever or his company remembered what his dream was all about. Build great racers and sell a few cars to the general public to finance the racing.

Nuts. Now there are the people who wish to profit from him. That is OK but like Disney, uses the name to make money forever, not just in the short time frame.

Darn.

The 430 is becoming like the 911, as just another fast car. Crap.

Heck, 4,000 cars a year is like one becoming Toyota. Why not build 50,000 430 a year?

Of course, keep the front engine V-12 unique with only 500 a year. Crap. I am so happy to have a low production car like my sweet thing. May the rest of the V-8s suck hind titty.

58,000 miles and moving forward.

12 cylinders or walk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 10-11-2005, 09:57 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 280
Not just anyone can get a Ferrari. You must live in a great neighborhood.
post #3 of 24 Old 10-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Re: Ferrari versus everyone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart
May the rest of the V-8s suck hind titty.
Wow, that is the best Bartism yet. I am not even sure there is a close second. While I don't agree the V8s are that bad I get your point and half agree. How many beers did you have when you wrote that?

post #4 of 24 Old 10-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Never a dull moment......
post #5 of 24 Old 10-12-2005, 09:17 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 218
If Enzo had kept to the idea of the 1930's "racing scuderia" the company would have gone out of bussiness decades ago...
post #6 of 24 Old 10-12-2005, 11:16 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 411
There's a truth in your story. But as said, the company would have been out of bussiness...
post #7 of 24 Old 10-12-2005, 01:15 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
well, I can´t say that Ferraris or Porsches are common

it´s been a while since the last time I saw one of those!! :lol:

you´re just too worried with that!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #8 of 24 Old 10-12-2005, 03:45 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 51

Quote:
Why could not Mr. Ferrari live forever or his company remembered what his dream was all about. Build great racers and sell a few cars to the general public to finance the racing.
Many of the V8's were made while Enzo was still alive. The 308+ line in particular was where Ferrari really started to sell more cars, so I don't think that it would make much difference if he was still alive.

I understand what you mean by keeping production low, but in reality, it still is pretty low. Not everyone can still afford a Ferrari. The depreciation on some of the older models helps, but you still need to have a lot of cash to get your hands on a new model. If you want a unique vehicle, go build a one-of-a-kind hot rod or something. Or find a different low-production exotic car.

And what the hell is with you and your hatred towards V8s anyway? :roll: Some of the most ridiculous posts on here...
post #9 of 24 Old 10-12-2005, 04:03 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova
Some of the most ridiculous posts on here...
I'd have to agree. Not too many cars have V12's, anyways. I have a 2.4L turbo, but it sure as hell moves.
post #10 of 24 Old 10-12-2005, 04:40 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
Some people hate Porsches, some people hate American cars, some people hate Ferrari's, and bart hates everything other than his V12 Don't take everything so serious
post #11 of 24 Old 10-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bob
...bart hates everything other than his V12 ...
LOL!! :lol:

"Liberals are the pallbearers of societies"

'88.3 Testarossa
'83 Mondial QV (sold!)
post #12 of 24 Old 10-12-2005, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
All cars are equal.
My car is more equal.

8)

12 cylinders or walk
post #13 of 24 Old 10-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990

Quote:
The V-8 Ferrari is turning into the flat 6 of Porsche.

Anyone calling a Ferrari a Porsche should be slapped?

Well as usual, I have to post...and like usual I wont get many replies...lol

If we were to follow in Enzo's footsteps, we would have 4-6-8 and V12's. Here are some facts. It was said that Mr. Ferrari entered four cars in the 1956 Nurburgring race. He had 2-V12's for speed and if they broke down he would still have the two 4 cyl for reliability. Same car same chassis and both 3.5L capacity. V12 had speed and the 4 cyl had lots of torque. This was before they we limited to only two cars per race. They also later changed the 4 cyl by adding 2 more to make a V6 4.4L engine for racing.

Enzo Ferrari was not pushed around by anyone. So if he thought anything but a V12 was crap, he would of never built it.

Like any Ferrari maniac (like me), Ferrari was not always about how many cylinders but how many liters his cars would have in order to compete and where the torque curve was for racing depending on the circuit to win the race.

I plan to buy a 91+ 348 V8, why? reliability and I love driving a mid engine car. The engine is behind you and is constantly giving you an earful of adrenaline at over 5000 RPM.

Now don't get me wrong, the V12's did make a big impact on racing and production cars but everyone knows that same liter capacity V8 make more torque than any V12 because the pistons are bigger.

Read my quote one more time, he did not say he built only V12's with a specific car type...he, Mr. Ferrari...built engine.

By the way, this is not a personal attack, this is just my opinion, I have asked Bart a few questions in the past and was ignored, so im not looking for one now

Therefore, unless your driving you beast over 170mph to experience the wonderful thrill and magic a V12 was designed for, you might as well drive a V8...

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #14 of 24 Old 10-12-2005, 08:17 PM

I agree with magnum6464 in many aspects

I would preffer to have a V12 over a V8, but the V8 Ferraris are the most agressive ones

the 550 and 575, for example, are very beautiful, but they are not as agressive as a 360 or a 430

I guess the profile of the owner says a lot: Bart is not a kid that has a Ferrari to show off

here in Brazil, there are many soccer players that have 355´s and 360´s, because they own a Ferrari to show off, and those models are the ones that really catch people´s attention

but not every owner of a V8 Ferrari has it to show off: like magnum6464 said, if you want a mid engine car, you´ll have to buy a V8 (I´m talking about new cars)

I understand Bart´s love with his beast, and it is hard to tell someone in love that racionally he is "wrong"

why don´t we just let him love his beast and be happy?? :wink:

post #15 of 24 Old 10-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by stile - alpine
I understand Bart´s love with his beast, and it is hard to tell someone in love that racionally he is "wrong"

why don´t we just let him love his beast and be happy?? :wink:

I never said he was wrong about his beast...it didn't even cross my mind.

Its like women, everyone has a different taste, but if you were to insult someone else wife... In this case, we are talking about our mistresses
:lol: :lol: :lol:

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #16 of 24 Old 10-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 956
Hey Bart, move to Scotland, 550s are as rare as wild haggis. :lol: I have only seen thirty 550s and only five up here in Scotland. Porsches are as common as thistles.
post #17 of 24 Old 10-13-2005, 05:29 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 21

Quote:
May 4 of your cylinders stop working soon.

:lol:
post #18 of 24 Old 10-13-2005, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin
Hey Bart, move to Scotland, 550s are as rare as wild haggis. :lol: I have only seen thirty 550s and only five up here in Scotland. Porsches are as common as thistles.
well, then just move to Brazil... I´ve never seen a 550 here, and the average is 4 575 sold each year

pretty rare!

post #19 of 24 Old 10-15-2005, 05:36 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 102
I echo everyone else here in saying this...

In Australian terms:

Porsche 911 - $205,000
Ferrari 430 - $380,000

Anyone with almost double the money can get a Ferrari

Indeed, you cannot purchase a "beast" for less than $600,000.
post #20 of 24 Old 10-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 131
Quote:
There was a time in which driving a Ferrari was unique. I live in Orange County. Now with all the mid-engine V-8s being made, makes the Ferrari like the Porsche. Darn, I wish Ferrari would keep the production numbers down but that may not be possible. The V-8 Ferrari is turning into the flat 6 of Porsche. So many are being made that anyone can get one. Rats.

Nuts. Now there are the people who wish to profit from him. That is OK but like Disney, uses the name to make money forever, not just in the short time frame.

Darn.

Heck, 4,000 cars a year is like one becoming Toyota. Why not build 50,000 430 a year?

Of course, keep the front engine V-12 unique with only 500 a year. Crap. I am so happy to have a low production car like my sweet thing. May the rest of the V-8s suck hind titty.

58,000 miles and moving forward.
thank GOD, there is someone else out there who feels as I do!
The 360 might as well be an 80's Mondial fo all I care. Front engine V-12 or mayyybe a daytona Spyder..... other than that, what's the point? Might as well just be a '69 camaro. :green:

2002 BMW R1150GS
2006 Triumph Speed Triple
2004 KTM 525 Sled
1975 Honda CB400F
1963 Ferrari 250 SWB - Not quite yet....

“We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring, will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”

T.S. Eliot

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode