Owner Photo Shoot Contest on Ferrarilife - Page 4 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 293 Old 01-15-2015, 01:47 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
It is very unlikely you will find me at a dinner/awards banquet. More like here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Yes.

Were you at the dinner / awards?

I was the idiot who overpaid for the Enzo Gold Coin - not because of the coin by the way but the other bidder boasted to everyone how the coin had his name on it and was wearing a name tag that included his F Chat name - couldn't help myself

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 293 Old 01-15-2015, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 101
Onno - You are in. Beautiful cars and beautiful location.

Thanks for entering.

Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Vitalone requested I submit this pic of our epic drive from Holland to Normandy (and onto Jersey), of our two Maranellos. Something special about being on the road with two blue Maranellos.

Mont St. Michel, Normandy, France, a monastery town built on a rocky outcrop just offshore. Unfortunately it is very difficult to get close to this epic location, the only road is only open to locals. The cars are something like two miles from the town in this photo.

Onno

P.S. Note the different rearview mirrors....!

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. George Orwell
post #63 of 293 Old 01-16-2015, 10:35 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Mont St. Michel, Normandy, France, a monastery town built on a rocky outcrop just offshore
Stunning, I want to go there.

Cheers

Enjoy the journey so much you don't care how long it takes to get there.

post #64 of 293 Old 01-16-2015, 10:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott K View Post

Cheers
Me too, a great place to start a FLED. A couple of hours south you venture into the districts of Bordeaux, Champagne and Cognac. I can see all the Ferraris lining up by the cellar door of Ruinart, ready to fill our boots with their lovely Champagne.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #65 of 293 Old 01-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott K View Post

Cheers

Been there a couple of times. It's interesting to see the herds of sheep crossing the causeway and the flooding tide is simply amazing. One minute a 36' boat is aground, five minutes later it's floating off the flats.

One of the highlights on my travels through Normandy.
post #66 of 293 Old 01-17-2015, 12:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
Me too, a great place to start a FLED. A couple of hours south you venture into the districts of Bordeaux, Champagne and Cognac. I can see all the Ferraris lining up by the cellar door of Ruinart, ready to fill our boots with their lovely Champagne.
But don't forget Normandy and Brittany: greatly underestimated regions in France, and in a way more special than the more well-trodden paths. The food is amazing, and the drink is pretty special too! I particularly fell in love with Brittany when I was sailing there: all the towns have a fantastic atmosphere that breathes a life at/from the sea, and if you are a sailor, you are accepted like one of their own. Never really felt like that in other parts of France. And don't forget the roads are empty over there.

Gallettes noir coquilles St. Jacques avec du cidre for lunch. (Black flower pancakes with local scallops and local apple cider). Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Images

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #67 of 293 Old 01-17-2015, 12:41 AM
Owner

Woah!!

Very interesting!

Salve,
Capo

post #68 of 293 Old 01-17-2015, 01:46 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Agree with you 100%, Onno. I love Brittany, thats still France from the 50's/60's....and yes sailors are "kings" there.
post #69 of 293 Old 01-17-2015, 03:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
Agree with you 100%, Onno. I love Brittany, thats still France from the 50's/60's....and yes sailors are "kings" there.
+1. Brittany and Normandy are very accessible from the UK, so popular destinations whether driving or sailing. I have enjoyed some very happy holidays there, in an assortment of cars and boats over the last 50 years.

On one occasion I had to be smuggled in under a duvet on the back seat of the car as I had lost my passport.

The local apple brandy (Calvados) is highly recommended but can be addictive. I recall one evening when a friend of mine and I over indulged in some really superb Calvados after dinner: the bill next morning was about 50% dinner, bed and breakfast and 50% Calvados!

Local oysters excellent of course, dressed with chopped onions steeped in white wine vinegar.

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #70 of 293 Old 01-21-2015, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

We are 2 months out on the contest. There are a lot of good entries so far. Hopefully more members can be encouraged to post a photo of their car with some info to enter.

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Robb

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. George Orwell
post #71 of 293 Old 02-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 281
My entry - I took this picture myself, and I think it's one of the best shots I've done. We managed to get access to the decommissioned section of the Bay Bridge, and it works beautifully for car photos on an overcast or foggy day because the entire structure acts like a giant light box. Plus, the backdrop has beautiful lines which take you back to the car in the foreground.

I uploaded a full-res version if anyone wants to do some printing - just replace the "1600" with "full" in the URL.

Cheers, Ben ( Too many toys, not enough garage space! )
post #72 of 293 Old 02-01-2015, 11:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Thanks again for the pic Ben.

People who have had 'near death' experiences often talk about seeing a white corridoor. Your pic is sight I'd like to imagine the afterlife to be like. Drive the LaFa through those pearly gates. Perfect!

David.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #73 of 293 Old 02-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Ben, that's an awesome photo. Thanks for sharing it with us. It's my computer background image now 😎
post #74 of 293 Old 02-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Owner

Ben!!

Very well done! There is nothing you could improve on this setup, it's perfect.

Salve,
Capo

post #75 of 293 Old 02-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Owner

This photo is not a contender for any kind of merits. I just love this car so much and here it is.
Attached Images

Salve,
Capo

post #76 of 293 Old 02-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Ben, you're the winner in my book! Fantastic shot!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #77 of 293 Old 02-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Owner Photo Shoot Contest on Ferrarilife

Great pics guys, here's another into the mix, my current California 30 Handling Speciale.

Great shots!

Ive stacks of driveway & garage space if any of you want to leave your Ferrari's with me in the sun, for fettling & safekeeping, especially yours Admiral, Ben, Capo & Doug,

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422928588.514133.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  51.7 KB

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!

Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider

Last edited by Scottish16M; 02-03-2015 at 01:25 PM.
post #78 of 293 Old 02-10-2015, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Ben,

Looks great in a color that I can relate to.

Thanks for the entry. You are in the contest.

Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by treynor View Post
My entry - I took this picture myself, and I think it's one of the best shots I've done. We managed to get access to the decommissioned section of the Bay Bridge, and it works beautifully for car photos on an overcast or foggy day because the entire structure acts like a giant light box. Plus, the backdrop has beautiful lines which take you back to the car in the foreground.

I uploaded a full-res version if anyone wants to do some printing - just replace the "1600" with "full" in the URL.

post #79 of 293 Old 02-10-2015, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Capo,

Beautiful car. Love the coffin wheels. Thanks for signing up. You are entered in the contest.

Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
This photo is not a contender for any kind of merits. I just love this car so much and here it is.

post #80 of 293 Old 02-10-2015, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Peter,

I've heard good things about the Cali. Never experienced one. Thanks for the photo and your entry. You are in.

Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish16M View Post
Great pics guys, here's another into the mix, my current California 30 Handling Speciale.

Great shots!

Ive stacks of driveway & garage space if any of you want to leave your Ferrari's with me in the sun, for fettling & safekeeping, especially yours Admiral, Ben, Capo & Doug,

Attachment 156850

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode