Owner Photo Shoot Contest on Ferrarilife - Page 15 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 293 Old 04-01-2015, 08:56 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
you guys r awesome

Hey thanks for the kind words fellas. Now who won the photo shoot? Its a tough one as I saw so many nice pics and stories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 293 Old 04-02-2015, 06:25 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Mark (and anyone else) should be disqualified for using a professional model in the submissions. It's Rule 42-A in the agreement.
post #283 of 293 Old 04-02-2015, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 101
The Winner of:

The Most Interesting Ferrari on Location
Contest

Goes to the Admiral in Santa Fe.

I am very appreciative of his entry and ALL the other entrants that participated. It was a great way to meet so many great people here and learn a bit about the passion we all share.

It was a very difficult task to judge so many great cars in beautiful areas of the world. I was torn between his car and some of the 308's in particular..., the LF and the 16M's.

I'll contact Robert and set up a time in the near future to shoot a day in the life with him and his car after I return from Maranello. What a great trip this has been for me on another pilgrimage to Italy.

I look forward to sharing the final photos with the group. Thank you all for your cameraderie.

Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Goodwrench View Post

I am Rear Admiral Robert Phillips, US Navy (Retired)
I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico
My car is a 1955 500 Mondial Series II
To tell you all that I like about my car would require a magazine article (Cavallino #171 for example) (or the entire thread at: http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/pr...eries-2-a.html) or the 29 trophies it has earned at 15 different shows including the top two Ferrari prizes at Pebble Beach, and six Best of Show trophies. However I will concentrate on two very specific items. The thing I most enjoy is getting the car on a race track and "exercising" it properly. That is an aural treat and physical challenge giving me great satisfaction. The second most enjoyment I get from the car is doing what Peter Mullins calls "Educational Outreach". Every car show I attend I love telling people about this car and the early racing history of the Ferrari four bangers. The fact that it was a blue Ferrari factory team entry and class winner at the First Gran Prix of Venezuela driven by Eugenio Castellotti and Harry Schell, that Porfirio Rubirosa took it to class wins at Nassau in 1955 and Sebring 1956, that it was the first of the model imported to the USA, that I raced it on both coasts in the 60s and drove it cross country from Oakland CA to Staten Island, NY, that I bought it as a wreck and learned auto mechanics on this car, all add up to some of the most enjoyable and memorable times of my life as custodian for the past 54.6 years.

Best regards,
Attached Images

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” George Orwell

post #284 of 293 Old 04-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Well done, Admiral!
post #285 of 293 Old 04-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Admiral, yet another congrats !

No contest for sure.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
post #286 of 293 Old 04-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 VALV View Post
The Winner of:

The Most Interesting Ferrari on Location
Contest

Goes to the Admiral in Santa Fe.
Dear Robb,

I am very happy that you have picked my car as your first place finisher in the photo contest. It is nice to see that the old warhorse still stirs appreciation for what I consider to be one of Scaglietti’s very best designs, incidentally powered by the sports car version of the 1954 formula 1 Ferrari motor.

McKeel Hagerty has worried about the fact that too many of the attendees at car shows tend to be the older crowd. So he has instigated the “Operation Ignite Youth Judging Program” at several shows. The youngsters are accompanied by a seasoned concours judge, the owners present their cars, the kids ask questions and mark their score sheets and move on to the next car. They have little knowledge about provenance or big name brands, but they do know what strikes them as pleasing or exciting eye candy. At Hershey the owners of the magnificent 1920 horseless carriages with the high brass lantern taillights and trunk lids with china tea service covet that award as they figure the youngsters should really like the idea. The first photo below was the trophy awarded to my car at Hershey in 2012. Your award strikes me as being in the same vein.

Regarding the photo session, we cannot have that happen right away because my workbench two days ago looked like the second photo of the transaxle partially disassembled. I am fixing a reluctant 3rd gear selection issue which was intermittent but highly distracting on track at Road America, Elkhart Lake. Missing an upshift into third gear could have caught Doug unawares as he pushed me around the course.

Thank you again. I must admit that there were several other really beautiful cars in the competition, but of course we each think our car is the best.

Best regards,
Attached Images

Robert

Past: 500 Mondial S2 0556(0446)/MD owned 58 years from June 1960 to August 2018

Last edited by Admiral Goodwrench; 04-02-2015 at 07:30 PM.
post #287 of 293 Old 04-02-2015, 08:34 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 162
Quote:
I am very happy that you have picked my car as your first place finisher ...
Congrats! Well deserved. You have one seriously cool car. Hope to see it this summer in Monterey!

1983 308 GTS Quattrovalvole
post #288 of 293 Old 04-02-2015, 11:27 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 VALV View Post
It was a very difficult task to judge so many great cars in beautiful areas of the world. I was torn between his car and some of the 308's in particular..., the LF and the 16M's.
No mention of a 458 and a couple of Maranello's. A man with no taste.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #289 of 293 Old 04-02-2015, 11:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
I am very happy that you have picked my car as your first place finisher in the photo contest.
Congrats Admiral. At least now I've been in a competition with TLBC, didn't think that would happen.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #290 of 293 Old 04-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,004
Garage
Quote:
Dear Robb,

I am very happy that you have picked my car as your first place finisher in the photo contest. It is nice to see that the old warhorse still stirs appreciation for what I consider to be one of Scaglietti’s very best designs, incidentally powered by the sports car version of the 1954 formula 1 Ferrari motor.

McKeel Hagerty has worried about the fact that too many of the attendees at car shows tend to be the older crowd. So he has instigated the “Operation Ignite Youth Judging Program” at several shows. The youngsters are accompanied by a seasoned concours judge, the owners present their cars, the kids ask questions and mark their score sheets and move on to the next car. They have little knowledge about provenance or big name brands, but they do know what strikes them as pleasing or exciting eye candy. At Hershey the owners of the magnificent 1920 horseless carriages with the high brass lantern taillights and trunk lids with china tea service covet that award as they figure the youngsters should really like the idea. The first photo below was the trophy awarded to my car at Hershey in 2012. Your award strikes me as being in the same vein.

Regarding the photo session, we cannot have that happen right away because my workbench two days ago looked like the second photo of the transaxle partially disassembled. I am fixing a reluctant 3rd gear selection issue which was intermittent but highly distracting on track at Road America, Elkhart Lake. Missing an upshift into third gear could have caught Doug unawares as he pushed me around the course.

Thank you again. I must admit that there were several other really beautiful cars in the competition, but of course we each think our car is the best.

Best regards,
Chapeaux, mon Amiral!

another well-deserved triumph!

It was that accursed recalcitrant 3d gear issue that deprived both Judith and me of the promised ride at Elkhart. We count on taking it with you sometime soon!

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
post #291 of 293 Old 04-07-2015, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 101
Admiral,

I look forward to scheduling the photo shoot when it is most appropriate for you with all your work wrapped up. No hurry and again my congratulations.

Robb

Quote:
Dear Robb,

Best regards,

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” George Orwell
post #292 of 293 Old 04-07-2015, 06:06 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
Garage
Congrats Admiral! Robb, please contact me so we can design a plaque and produce it (laser mark) in my shop.
post #293 of 293 Old 04-07-2015, 11:25 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
I would have been shocked if Robert's photos weren't the winners. Congratulations Robert!

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,