Happiness is spreading the word about Ferrari - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-21-2005, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
Happiness is spreading the word about Ferrari

Tonight my wife and I went to a pool party. I even went into the pool. While I was there, a neighbor of the host came over. I was sitting and talking to a few people. I looked up and the host was pointing me out. He said in a loud voice, “That is the man with the Ferrari.”

The neighbor came over to me and began to ask me many questions about the beast. He had never seen a Maranello. Of course, I was pleased and asked if he wanted to see it. We walked to the car. As we were going to the car, a group of teenagers were looking at the sweet thing. I spent much time with the teenager boys explaining the finer things of the Maranello. After allowing all of them to sit in it, I took the neighbor for a ride.

What did I accomplish? Now there are four or five young boys who are in love with Ferrari. I know all of us would have done the same thing. This is how the Ferrari mystic works.

8)

12 cylinders or walk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-21-2005, 05:42 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 566
Re: Happiness is spreading the word about Ferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart
... I know all of us would have done the same thing.
We are all Ferrari prophets 8)

"Liberals are the pallbearers of societies"

'88.3 Testarossa
'83 Mondial QV (sold!)
post #3 of 10 Old 08-21-2005, 06:17 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Bart,

When I was 18 my uncle bought a 78 308 GTS and gave me a ride. About 10 mins into it, he asked if I wanted to drive and I immediately said yes. I was hooked from that day. The light buzz of the transmission, the clicks of each gear and the roaring engine behind put a smile on my face greater than any other teenager could have.

A few years later he bought a 91 TR, gave me a quick ride around the block. He almost never drove it. The only time he did was to his garage for an oil change. He kept it for 7 years and said he only put 2500 km on it. When I asked him about reliability, he said he didn?t know it had 5000 km when he bought it in 98, always worked well and sold it last year. Now that im interested in buying a Ferrari, nobody I know owns one, Ironic isn?t it !

He ordered the F430 and I cant wait to see it !

I think it was because of my 308 experience that today, I will add it to my list of goals (now that I can afford it)

Bart, what you did was really cool ! Hats off to you ! It?s because of people like you that Ferrari owners get a good reputation instead of Fast and the Furious lines like ?More than you can afford pal?.Ferrari !?

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari

post #4 of 10 Old 08-21-2005, 08:22 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum6464
It's because of people like you that Ferrari owners get a good reputation instead of Fast and the Furious lines like ?More than you can afford pal?.Ferrari !?
I strongly disagree

in Brazil, only politicians, soccer players and some executives own Ferraris

I would say about 95% of them are dicks, at least

one of the things I liked the most about this forum was that I found Ferrari owners that are normal people, that have the car because they love it, and not to show off

in the USA what you said may be right

in Brazil, it´s not
post #5 of 10 Old 08-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Owner
Elite Member

stile - alpine,

No disrespect but you totaly didn't understand what I was saying...Im not talking about Brazil, China, USA, Canada or even Italy for that matter, Im talking about what Bart did...and others like my uncle who saw the happiness in my face when I saw the car, as well as Bart when he saw the look on the face of those teenegers around his car, he could of screamed get away from my car and be rude to them, but instead he talked to them and even let them sit in his car.....Bart, if your reading this...like I said in my previous post, hats off to you !!!!!!!

[/u]

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #6 of 10 Old 08-21-2005, 07:51 PM

what I understood from the part I quoted is that Ferrari owners have a good reputation

I didn´t like any Ferrari owners until I joined this forum, because they are usually rude and arrogant

Bart was very nice, I agree with you

I wish all the other owners were like that...
post #7 of 10 Old 08-22-2005, 04:50 AM
Owner
Elite Member

It's because of people like you (Bart) that Ferrari owners get a good reputation instead of Fast and the Furious lines like "More than you can afford pal! Ferrari"

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #8 of 10 Old 08-22-2005, 04:56 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
I really don't understand where the bad image of Ferrari owners comes from, almost all I have ever meet are nice, interesting, fun people.

Per Bart's original great story, two years ago when driving through France I stopped in a small rural village down near Bordeaux. Within 5 minutes I had half a dozen local teenagers surrounding the F355. In my very poor French and their slightly better English, we carried on a conversation about the car for about 15 mintues. During this I opened the front and rear trunks, pointed out the different areas of the engine compartment, and let them sit in the driver's seat. I think I had as much fun as they did. Huge smiles all around.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-22-2005, 05:35 AM
Owner
Elite Member

I have seen about 20 ferrari's in town and all owners were rude when I said nice car, and asked what year it was, they just gave me a look like I was an idiot and walked away.

I used to work downtown and walk out of my building for lunch and see them pretty often (pretty much the same owners) I wear a suit everyday to work and I was treated like an idiot, so I can imagine how teenagers and other people must of been treated when complimenting their cars.

I just dont get it...

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #10 of 10 Old 08-22-2005, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum6464
It's because of people like you (Bart) that Ferrari owners get a good reputation instead of Fast and the Furious lines like "More than you can afford pal! Ferrari"
I think I understood now!!

anyway, I think you also agree with me that some Ferrari owners are really stupid, because of your last post

Boxer and Bart, keep being nice to people! It´s a great opportunity to meet people, share your passion and have some fun!

:wink:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode