Join Date: Oct 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Jim, this is a very, very special car...and if I may...have some questions:
1. If the car has 612 internals why then 512 S Modulo. Is 612 and 512 Chassis the same outlay ?
2. When you bought the car, was there a real engine in it or just an "outside engine" without internal moving parts ?
3. If you say chassis, engine, gearbox..even suspension are all original 512/612 parts have you then found some internal numbers who confirm that or is it mainly from looking at the construction details of all those parts ?
4. What specific construction details makes all believe that it is a 512/612 based car ?
5. Getting such a car is a tremendeous special thing to do, it is such epochal design. On another note ...has ever anybody found / seen numbers stamped on any parts of this car to bring more light to ist real base ? Or with other words, what makes one to believe that stamped numbers are behind panels ? Sorry for that dumb question.
Many thanks for possibly bringing more light to this special car. It would be very interesting and education enhancing for many around here. And sorry again in advance if some questions sound too stupid to be answered but I'm only an amateur with a vivid interest. Many thanks !
Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50