What it takes to achieve Platinum - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 07-26-2014, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 43
What it takes to achieve Platinum

Follow me on my Platinum Journey http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/pr...tml#post451289
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-26-2014, 08:49 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
cant say

drive it like a savage,,when it gets road rash..touch it up...lol..my friend has a multiple platinum winning 308..poor car never gets driven...Enzo must be spinning in his grave, everytime the hoity toity douchbags show up at pebble beach to drink , whatever the fuck it is they drink, while they parade Ferrari s around like ,,well you know what,,,Brett Lucca
post #3 of 12 Old 07-26-2014, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 43
I still plan to drive it plenty just nice to win as well. Why do many think we can't do both?

post #4 of 12 Old 07-27-2014, 12:18 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom3210 View Post
I still plan to drive it plenty just nice to win as well. Why do many think we can't do both?
Can be done but it is quite difficult. Firstly use on the road means you cannot avoid stone chips but also wearing out leather and so on. There is also, to me, a very definite difference between using it and using it as Enzo intended. Ferraris deserve a good spanking, and they reward you for it. They are at their most fun close to, or on, the limit.

When I had my 330GTC, I was always torn between the aesthetics and driving it like a madman. Because the car rewards you so much in both areas. I was attracted to the car being perfect but clearly used, stone chips and all, and then in the end the stone chips got too much to bear and I had her sprayed and I enjoyed having a flawless car for a while. And during that time, I didn't drive her the same as I had before. You are naturally more protective of her looks until the first stone chips come back in.

This is of course not meant to be any criticism of anyone who wants to achieve greatness in a car show. I can appreciate a pampered car as well as one that gets to work for a living. But for me, the driving was always the more appealing to me.

Best of luck with the preparations and I hope you get your platinum! The 328 is a fantastic car.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: 550 Maranello
Present: None
Past: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello,
365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #5 of 12 Old 07-28-2014, 08:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:

Yes you can. The rules that the others are obviously unaware of were specifically written with driven cars in mind. Normal rock chips and wear and tear are not deductions.

Preservation and originality are the goal. Not cookie cutter, Barbie Doll perfection.

Do not over think it or over do it. Make sure it is all original and you'll be fine. 95 points is not a high hurdle for a car the age of a 328.
post #6 of 12 Old 07-28-2014, 08:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Does this include driving the car at 9/10th's?

Saw a few guys crash at Elkhart pushing their car beyond their capabilities.

Hope you achieve the goal.
post #7 of 12 Old 07-29-2014, 04:20 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #8 of 12 Old 07-30-2014, 08:50 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
drive it like a savage,,when it gets road rash..touch it up...lol..my friend has a multiple platinum winning 308..poor car never gets driven...Enzo must be spinning in his grave, everytime the hoity toity douchbags show up at pebble beach to drink , whatever the fuck it is they drink, while they parade Ferrari s around like ,,well you know what,,,Brett Lucca
I'm going to go out on a limb, Luca, and suggest that you are painting w/ too broad a brush. Our car is a 100 point PB winner and gets driven/tracked. It is possible to do both - maybe not typical, but possible.
Attached Images

post #9 of 12 Old 07-30-2014, 09:17 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanp View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb, Luca, and suggest that you are painting w/ too broad a brush. Our car is a 100 point PB winner and gets driven/tracked. It is possible to do both - maybe not typical, but possible.
Wonderful. I was not aware that stone chips etc are not deductions. That is great. The cars are at their best and most beautiful when used well but pampered.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: 550 Maranello
Present: None
Past: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello,
365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #10 of 12 Old 07-30-2014, 10:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Dom, I too had this 'weird sickness' you describe years ago with a concours winning 911SC. It was cured when yours truly didn't tie-down properly on the trailer that was being used to transport 'the princess' home from the event. You can guess the result.

Seriously, cars can become such an art form to some of us. The sheer pleasure of knowing/seeing that every panel/nut/mechanical part is perfect can be extremely satisfying. It took a disaster for me to say to myself "never again".

Another way around this dilemma is one for show, one for go. One in the garage, one in the lounge room. But now I'm dreaming!

Now Bryan, that little wonder of yours doesn't count. It is in a world of its own. I bet you could take it rallying, wash the mud off with a hose - and it would still win first prize in any 'beauty pageant'!

Good luck Dom,

David.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #11 of 12 Old 07-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16M Down Under View Post
Now Bryan, that little wonder of yours doesn't count. It is in a world of its own. I bet you could take it rallying, wash the mud off with a hose - and it would still win first prize in any 'beauty pageant'!

David.
Dear David,

Here is a shot of Bryan doing a good job of pressure washing all the mud off the car. Needs a little cosmetic work yet.

Best regards,
Attached Images

Robert

Past: 500 Mondial S2 0556(0446)/MD owned 58 years from June 1960 to August 2018
post #12 of 12 Old 07-31-2014, 11:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Now Sir, that's what I call a thorough clean! It would make any fastidious detailer proud. I suppose the caption could read.

"The day started when I first noticed a bit of dirt in the tyre tread".

Just gold!!!!!

David.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode