Ferrari entering Le Mans again? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-10-2014, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 204
Ferrari entering Le Mans again?

Ferrari back at Le Mans: more hints | News | Motorsport.com

Quote:
Jun.10 (GMM) Ferrari could be set to announce a Le Mans prototype foray.

It is already known that the Maranello marque's lead Formula One driver, Fernando Alonso, will be the special guest starter of the fabled 24 hour endurance race this weekend.
Ferrari announced last month that the Spaniard was invited to wave the flag at Le Mans following "several comments president (Luca di) Montezemolo has made relating to the technology and car development linked to this event".
"It (Le Mans) is one of a handful of races that has defined the history of motor sport," Alonso was quoted as saying.

Ferrari has also been highly critical of F1's developmental direction recently.
And last year, the now-ousted team boss Stefano Domenicali said the sport's new turbo V6 engines "would allow some interesting projects".
"At the moment I cannot say more," he added in mid 2013.
Ferrari quoted Alonso as saying last month ahead of his Le Mans visit: "I'm keen to check out the details on this type of car.
"In Formula One, we have also entered the hybrid era and I am curious to find out more about the working methods and technology involved in this series."

Spain's El Mundo Deportivo is now reporting speculation that Ferrari could announce its return to Le Mans with a 'LMP1' prototype car foray on Saturday.
Correspondent Raymond Blancafort said organisers of the famous 24 hour race are already flagging a "very important announcement" to be made before the 2014 race start on that day.
I know there are many competent people on this forum to comment about this and would love to see their's opinion.
Is it plausible, possible or unlikely for Ferrari to enter LMP1 class in the near future?

One more link and a photo:
Ferrari LMP1 Prototype Uncovered During Testing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,007
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogZy View Post
Ferrari back at Le Mans: more hints | News | Motorsport.com

I know there are many competent people on this forum to comment about this and would love to see their's opinion.
Is it plausible, possible or unlikely for Ferrari to enter LMP1 class in the near future?

One more link and a photo:
Ferrari LMP1 Prototype Uncovered During Testing!

Could a Scuderia team in the 24 Heures du Mans next year presage its departure from F1? Hard to fathom given their participation every year since inception in 1950 but it could explain Marco Mattiacci's replacement of Stefano Domenicali in mid-season. Hmmm....

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
post #3 of 3 Old 06-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode