Anyone used / using UCL ( Upper Cylinder Lubricant) ? - Ferrari Life
View Poll Results: Would you use Tru Blu-Oil Australia Pty Ltd U.C.L. in your car ?
Yes 0 0%
I would try to see if it really is worth the money 0 0%
No 1 16.67%
I would never use such a thing 5 83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-27-2014, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Serres,Greece
Ferrari Life Posts: 151
Anyone used / using UCL ( Upper Cylinder Lubricant) ?

I was curious to aks if anyone is using Tru Blu-Oil Australia Pty Ltd 's UCL ( Upper Cylinder Lubricant ) because i heard that it is an awesome product. Being 2 months since we first used it the product is doing exactly what it promises to. No rough idle in cold weather, much smoother engine running sound and significand drop in the fuel consumption especially in urban traffic.
F.Alexandros is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 02-27-2014, 06:12 AM
Owner
Sponsor
 
David @ FluentInFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sarasota FL
Ferrari Life Posts: 967
Sorry, but without seeing the actual scientific data supporting those claims, I'd just have to pass...

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
David @ FluentInFerrari is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 02-27-2014, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Serres,Greece
Ferrari Life Posts: 151
F.Alexandros is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 Old 02-27-2014, 06:51 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
cribbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Houston
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,206
I voted no because I'm wary of any fuel additives or flushes for fear of what they might do to the catalytic converters, despite any claims of the additive manufacturer to the contrary.

That's why my car will never get a Seafoam treatment or a "power wash" of the injectors, where the injector solvent gets "injected" at the fuel rail. Some may do these treatments, and they may be very successful, but IMO, our cats are too expensive to take chances with.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
cribbj is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 02-27-2014, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Serres,Greece
Ferrari Life Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Alexandros View Post
There is also a pdf file where it says that the company claims that if the product is used as instructed if any damage occurs because of the use of the product she will give a 10.000.000 AUD compensation
F.Alexandros is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 02-27-2014, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Serres,Greece
Ferrari Life Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by cribbj View Post
I voted no because I'm wary of any fuel additives or flushes for fear of what they might do to the catalytic converters, despite any claims of the additive manufacturer to the contrary.

That's why my car will never get a Seafoam treatment or a "power wash" of the injectors, where the injector solvent gets "injected" at the fuel rail. Some may do these treatments, and they may be very successful, but IMO, our cats are too expensive to take chances with.
It is a petreleum based products so no need to worry for your cats
F.Alexandros is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 02-27-2014, 08:12 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
You cannot rebuild a Ferrari engine for $10,000. The only snake oil I use is a can of Techron in the fuel tank periodically.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is online now  
post #8 of 13 Old 02-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Owner
 
Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Austin Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Alexandros View Post
It is a petreleum based products so no need to worry for your cats


Three words




Snake oil




Placebo
Brian is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 02-27-2014, 01:36 PM
Owner
 
KKRace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Olney, MD
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
If it was worth a shit Exxon Mobil would purchase the company with a quick stroke of the pen for whatever the price and they'd add it to thier own fuel/oil etc. I've spent a lot of money having my race engines dynoed looking for fractions of a HP. None of the engine builders has found anything you can add to the oil or gas that would give us more power without sacraficing enginer wear etc.

There are gigantic companies spending hundreds of millions of dollars trying to invent the magic bullet. It would be earth shattering news and a noble prize winning invention with independent research to back it up. Get out of whatever multilevel marketing thing you have gotten yourself into.

------------------------------

Life is Good!
KKRace is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 02-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Owner
 
Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Austin Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKRace View Post
If it was worth a shit Exxon Mobil would purchase the company with a quick stroke of the pen for whatever the price and they'd add it to thier own fuel/oil etc. I've spent a lot of money having my race engines dynoed looking for fractions of a HP. None of the engine builders has found anything you can add to the oil or gas that would give us more power without sacraficing enginer wear etc.

There are gigantic companies spending hundreds of millions of dollars trying to invent the magic bullet. It would be earth shattering news and a noble prize winning invention with independent research to back it up. Get out of whatever multilevel marketing thing you have gotten yourself into.




How true.










Another thought.


I always get a laugh when I hear the term "Upper Cylinder lubricant" or "Top end lubricant".


Auto manufacturers world wide, ring manufacturers, piston manufacturers, valve guide manufacturers and valve seal manufacturers have collectively spent billions since the early days of gas engines trying to eliminate oil in the cylinder above the rings (no oil wanted up there.....not needed) and here we have companies adding it and touting its beneficial properties.




PT Barnum was no fool.
Brian is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 02-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Owner
 
Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Austin Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
You cannot rebuild a Ferrari engine for $10,000. The only snake oil I use is a can of Techron in the fuel tank periodically.






10 grand won't pay the machine shop bill.
Brian is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 02-27-2014, 08:39 PM
Owner
 
KKRace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Olney, MD
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
I was thinking my rant about the multi level marketing might be off base. I hope no offense taken. I just have a thing against MMM and the people they take advantage of and I probably was off base assuming you got involved with one. A lot of the MMM's claim to have some great oil additives as well as fat lose, anti aging and cancer cures.

------------------------------

Life is Good!
KKRace is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 02-28-2014, 03:16 AM
Owner
Sponsor
 
David @ FluentInFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sarasota FL
Ferrari Life Posts: 967
Alright, I confess. I was just being polite...I'll take the 24 hr ban.

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
David @ FluentInFerrari is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale