It Happened Today - 18th February 2014 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-18-2014, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
It Happened Today - 18th February 2014

Being today the anniversary of Enzo Ferrari's birthday....

From the son of the Founder and Vice President of the company, Piero Ferrari. "I am particularly pleased that his birthday coincides with the reopening of the Museum, on the spot where my father was born and which is now run by the company he created."

Tomorrow's Museum is born

The extraordinary and unique set up of the MEF, the Museo Enzo Ferrari in Modena, thrilled and moved the visitors at its opening, showing that as of today museums will not be the same anymore.

Antonio Ghini, Head of the Ferrari Museums in Maranello and Modena.

"I had the idea to transform a museum into an experience in Maranello, less than two years ago, when Luca di Montezemolo asked me to re-launch the Museo Ferrari. Watching the visitors - especially those coming from far away and who don't know much about the Company's history and its drivers - one immediately noticed that what a car on show can transmit, even though it is polished and shown in perfect light, is not at all what the same car could express if it was to be seen in its own era, when it was planned and produced and under what circumstances it was used.

The changes carried out in Maranello to involve the visitors worked perfectly well. Under the slogan Vivi il sogno (Live the dream) 320,000 visitors came in 2013, up from 220,000 two years before. The revolution destined to change the museum's concept arrived today, on 18 February 2014, on the anniversary of Enzo Ferrari's birthday, with the inauguration of the new MEF in Modena. The extraordinary building, now directly managed by Ferrari, with a film projection, involves the visitors thanks to 19 projectors screening images on the walls, the ceiling as well as on the floor, to relive the exciting adventure of Enzo Ferrari. The story isn't limited to the gestures of a young driver, the founder of the Scuderia and the constructor, but it develops with facts and movement through almost 100 years of history: from Futurism at the Ballo Excelsior to Rock and the signs of contemporaneity.

The success of this approach - just over ten minutes of film with space for the visit - one could see on the day of the inauguration with the visitors carried away by the story, first of all Enzo's son Piero and Chairman Luca di Montezemolo, who were present together with local deputies and Giorgio Pighi, the mayor of Modena, who supported the takeover of the museum's management by Ferrari.
This unmissable experience in Modena, just like the one in Maranello, according to my personal experience, is destined to revolutionise the approach of museum activities and not only of those dedicated to the world of vehicles. An international audience, attracted by places to be discovered, wants to be convinced of its proper choice. Experiencing passion and the sound of engines unique in the world are more than gratifying. The MEF can prove it."
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-19-2014, 02:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
I've been to that museum in 2012. It was great then, even if there were not that many cars, but I wonder what changes were made. Should be a worthwhile visit.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: 550 Maranello
Present: None
Past: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello,
365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #3 of 7 Old 02-19-2014, 03:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,338
Onno, I think one of its best features is that it is always changing. We've been twice and it was different each time. We'll be going for our third visit in October, and based on the pictures above, will see a completely different display again.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-19-2014, 05:42 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
OMG...makes me want to jump on a plane to Italy...looks AWESOME!
post #5 of 7 Old 02-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,007
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGal View Post
OMG...makes me want to jump on a plane to Italy...looks AWESOME!

Si!

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
post #6 of 7 Old 02-19-2014, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
I was there in it's opening week, and literally have the t-shirt about it I really enjoyed it back then, and would love to go back now with the changes. That's what I like about the Ferrari museum as well, it changes every couple of months so you can go there at least once a year and will see different models on display.

Here is a video of the museum...Being there physically seeing and hearing this must be something special, it gives me goosebumps just watching the video.

Enzo Ferrari in the time machine

It's impossible to sum up the life of a legend like Enzo Ferrari in a few minutes of video footage, but it seems those at the Museum which bears the name of the Founder of the Maranello marque have managed it.

post #7 of 7 Old 02-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 357
The old museum was an embarrassment, so glad they did this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode