Let's talk Monterey - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 08-02-2004, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
Let's talk Monterey

so as most of you guys know, i'm such a big nut that this friday i'm hopping on a plane and i'm flying over there to attend the meet and have tons of fun and most likelly very little of sleep

so who else will be visiting, entering a show, whatever else you are coming to do there.
what else are you all looking forward to or looking forward the most to see?
yeah well you get the picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 08-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
I'll be there for the 14th and 15th only I think. So Concorso Italiano and whatever is going on for Sunday. I have passes for Concorso's Thursday event which is suppose to be semi-private and I'm disappointed I can't make it.
post #3 of 23 Old 08-02-2004, 11:04 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 88
I'm also counting the days ...

Hhhhmmmmm .....

First some "pre-fun" by visiting the Marconi Museum in LA (FX and 456 Venice!!), then lots of days with lots of fun!!! And .... if everything goes as it should .... a ride in an Enzo (thumbs, thumbs, thumbs). Well, we will see what's going to happen ....

By the way, Andrew, we should meet somewhere!!

Oh yes, also interesting for Dirk: I heard that Frits Kroymans is also going to Laguna Seca. He will bring his 250 GTO (yes, number 18 or so, I guess!) and his Ferrari F1 car. Man, this is REALLY looking great

Grtx,

Edvar :green:

post #4 of 23 Old 08-02-2004, 12:02 PM
DJ

Ferrari Life Posts: 300
Sound you guys are in for a mega time of fun! Please return with lots of pics, a great story and a bag of sunshine! :lol:
post #5 of 23 Old 08-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by evandaalen
By the way, Andrew, we should meet somewhere!!
Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll send you an email. We can also make plans for our Ferrari Brunch trip :wink:
post #6 of 23 Old 08-02-2004, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

cool news Edvar, that does mean 18 GTO's and does that mean that Frits isn't racing the AvD this weekend???
and i'm sure that i will run into you somewhere
will you have your cellphone with you?

And Jurgen
youu know that i will be there, so returning with tons of pics is very natural then :wink:
post #7 of 23 Old 08-02-2004, 04:09 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
I can't go there so I don't want to hear anything
post #8 of 23 Old 08-02-2004, 06:04 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 895
Ahhh! I'm just itching with excitement. So it appers there's no way of being just a spectator for the FCA meet. A little bummed, unless I missed something.

Well, I know I'm confirmed for Concorso on Friday. Should be there from 7 until the end.

Saturday, I *should* be going to the historics. I WANT to see those 250 GTOs.

And unfortunately that's about it. So whoever will be at the 2 aforementioned events, I am more than happy to meet in person.
post #9 of 23 Old 08-02-2004, 07:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 900
Re: Let's talk Monterey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dirk
so as most of you guys know, i'm such a big nut that this friday i'm hopping on a plane and i'm flying over there to attend the meet and have tons of fun and most likelly very little of sleep

so who else will be visiting, entering a show, whatever else you are coming to do there.
what else are you all looking forward to or looking forward the most to see?
yeah well you get the picture
I won't be there, but I just want to let you know, that when you're flying over the US, the little patch of nothing, in the middle of the country, is where I live. Give me a wave, I'll be looking for your plane. :wink:
post #10 of 23 Old 08-03-2004, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

really? no spectators allowed at the FCA meet??
weird, i did receive my press access without a problem though
and on saterday i will be DEFENITLY at Laguna Seca , i wanna take tons of shots around the corck-screw

and Matt, i'm flying to canada first, so i can't wave at you
post #11 of 23 Old 08-03-2004, 08:24 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo250GTO
I'll be there for the 14th and 15th only I think. So Concorso Italiano and whatever is going on for Sunday. I have passes for Concorso's Thursday event which is suppose to be semi-private and I'm disappointed I can't make it.
CI is on Friday the 13th and that is the one you wanna go to. I will be exhibiting my car there and probably make a picnic out of it. The other two events that I am planning to go to are FCA concourse and Challenge/Vintage races. See you guys there...
post #12 of 23 Old 08-03-2004, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

hey Mat

i don't know yet wich days that i will be attending what, but i do know saterday Laguna Seca, sunday Pebble Beach

what day is the FCA Concours?

PS, i'm sure that i should be able to find your car without a problem :wink:
post #13 of 23 Old 08-03-2004, 08:43 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dirk
hey Mat

i don't know yet wich days that i will be attending what, but i do know saterday Laguna Seca, sunday Pebble Beach

what day is the FCA Concours?

PS, i'm sure that i should be able to find your car without a problem :wink:
I believe it is on Tuesday. All those cars at Pebble Beach will be at FCA Concourse... I complained to one of FCA's director regarding their website and the registration information. You can obviously register and go to their event at www.fca2004.com. The event is open and free to Ferrari owners. They do have a lack of clear schedule and outline of all the events on their website.

Cheers,
Matt
post #14 of 23 Old 08-03-2004, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

aah yes now i remember, i have to pick up my press pass for that one either sunday afternoon during the Pebble Beach concours or on monday morning during the pebble rally :-?
post #15 of 23 Old 08-03-2004, 11:26 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 88
Andrew, don't push

What will my shrink say when I'll tell him that I've been several times to Florida, just to see Ferraris, that I'm now going to California and that I have plans to visit Japan, mainly for Ferraris??? :nuts:

Dirk, don't know if Kroymans will be at the AvD, but why not?? Still some days left to ship it to the US

And yes, I'm also sure that we will see each other over there. But I will send you an email with my phone number ...

Rosso, what are you talking about? I believe everybody can go to the FCA meeting. I think you can buy tickets at Laguna Seca and I even think that the concours is free. Anybody who knows for sure????

mchferrari, you're indeed almost in the middle of the country That's just 150 miles northwest from you, in Lebanon, KS ha:
Well, I will look down to see if I can find "nothing" :P
post #16 of 23 Old 08-03-2004, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandaalen
Andrew, don't push

What will my shrink say when I'll tell him that I've been several times to Florida, just to see Ferraris, that I'm now going to California and that I have plans to visit Japan, mainly for Ferraris??? :nuts:

Dirk, don't know if Kroymans will be at the AvD, but why not?? Still some days left to ship it to the US
FLY it you mean :lol:
post #17 of 23 Old 08-05-2004, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

well, i'm leaving to the airfield in an hour, so for all you guys that will be there, so you in a week or so.
ad i'll try to login from time to time
post #18 of 23 Old 08-06-2004, 09:35 PM

Hmm, well, I looked around and didn't see anything on Laguna Seca's site regarding tickets for the event, unless they can only be bought at the gates. Because I know my dad would be pissed if I am to convince him to go down and we find out we can't get in. I just have to believe they have it open some way, just a problem of getting tickets and convincing dad that it's worth it to go.
post #19 of 23 Old 08-07-2004, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

trust me, if you go to Laguna Seca on saterday morning then you will be able to buy tickets at the gate, i know somebody who bought some last year at the gatem so why would it be any different this year
post #20 of 23 Old 08-07-2004, 05:02 PM

No, I'm talking about the FCA meet, not the historics. I know I can get tickets for the Historics. I want to see the FCA meet though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode