328 Questions - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-29-2004, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
DON

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
328 Questions

I just sold my 2000 Carrera and am now seriously thinking about buying a 328. In doing research it seems that this car not only looks great, but is reliable and will hold its value. If anyone disagrees with these statements let me know.

The problem I have is that I am 6'2. I have have heard that these cares are not as comfortable for anyone over 6 feet. Can someone tall out there help me with this? I cannot find any locally for sale to try. I have driven a 348 and fit well. How does the 328 compare?

Does anyone live in the Dallas area with a 328? If so I would love the opportunity to sit in it!

THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
Welcome Don.

First in terms of holding its value, this would partly depend on your local market but I think the last figures I saw (Ferrari Market Letter) showed that these models had pretty well bottomed-out over the past couple of years. Maybe a few % value change either way of flat, but I will check & post again later.

Second, reliability does seem good from what I've heard, and probably best on the most recent models.

Finally, size is a moveable feast. I am just under 6'1" but am of the "long arms/long legs" variety, whereas others may have a longer body & shorter limbs. I rarely have problems with headroom in cars but sometimes can't get the wheel far enough away. I've never sat in a 328 so can't advise there but have no problems with the Mondial, but there's no alternative to finding one & sitting in it if you want to be sure you can fit AND be comfortable AND can properly use the pedals & wheel. Good luck!
post #3 of 5 Old 07-29-2004, 11:15 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Don,

Welcome to the site. The 328 is a great starter Ferrari and you are right about the cars reliability. If you are the kind of person that likes working on cars this is also a viable option with this model.

I don't know about the height issue for a GTB/Berlinetta but you should have no problems in the GTS model. My friend has a 328 here in SF and loves the car. I'm about 5'11 and have no real major issues in the car. Three more inches will probably just bring your knees up more and closer to the wheel. Getting in and out will also be a bit more getting in around the wheel but nothing major.

If you have more questions please let us know and best of luck on your search. I hope you can find the right car. It can take time to find the right used Ferrari so be ready for a wait.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-30-2004, 02:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
Try it on for size, then you'll be able to gauge whether it's OK for you. But I have to agree that the 328 will be a tight fit for your 6'2" frame. A 348 has more room though.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,132
Don, I am 6' 2" and have fit comfortably in a 328. It is a bit snug when compared to a F355 but not bad. Only Ferrari I have ever really had problems fitting in is a Dino 246. Happy hunting.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode