Driving your Ferrari in the rain? - Page 2 - Ferrari Life
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 Old 06-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Ferrari Life Posts: 250
I guess one does have the right to be afraid of driving his/her Ferrari in the rain, but when my father was younger he was afraid of driving his normal 4 wheel drive in the rain in England and Australia.
I never found out why.
julian4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 42 Old 06-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
I have driven several different Ferraris in the rain. Not a major problem as long as you respect and understand what you are driving.
Boxer is offline  
post #23 of 42 Old 06-03-2007, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
jungathart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Manassas, NoVA
Ferrari Life Posts: 566
couldn't resist posting these rain pics.
Attached Images
       

"Liberals are the pallbearers of societies"

'88.3 Testarossa
'83 Mondial QV (sold!)
jungathart is offline  
 
post #24 of 42 Old 06-03-2007, 07:24 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Wow, the Testarossa really looks good in TdF Blue.
Boxer is offline  
post #25 of 42 Old 06-03-2007, 07:30 AM
 
stile - alpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brazil
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
amazing color, and I love wet cars =)

but I would never have the guts to buy a Testarossa in any color other than... ROSSO

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
stile - alpine is offline  
post #26 of 42 Old 06-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Administrator
Elite Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by stile - alpine View Post
amazing color, and I love wet cars =)

but I would never have the guts to buy a Testarossa in any color other than... ROSSO
I actually like the TdF Blue, it is very refreshing from the red you always see.
Andrew is offline  
post #27 of 42 Old 06-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 14
Sure, but I normally dont
kosmo is offline  
post #28 of 42 Old 06-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
I don't normally take mine out if it's forcast rain. I'm sure the car will be fine in the wet, I just don't want the hassle of cleaning and polishing it the following weekend Takes up valuable time that can be spent on here

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
post #29 of 42 Old 06-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Orange County, Calif.
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
Where I live, we do not get much rain. When we do, if I need to go somewhere then the beast will be in the rain.

When I am in the Bay area, rain or a heavy mist is always there.

I do know a 550 owner who took off his wiper blades. He said they were ugly. Maybe so but a car must be drivable.

My car is a machine built to drive, not a museum piece.

I do not take it into the mountains in the winter. My tires are not exactly snow tires. The only weather condition I try to avoid is the Santana Winds. This can cause damage to its paint.

Bonzi!!!


12 cylinders or walk
Bart is offline  
post #30 of 42 Old 06-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Where I live, we do not get much rain. When we do, if I need to go somewhere then the beast will be in the rain.

When I am in the Bay area, rain or a heavy mist is always there.

I do know a 550 owner who took off his wiper blades. He said they were ugly. Maybe so but a car must be drivable.

My car is a machine built to drive, not a museum piece.

I do not take it into the mountains in the winter. My tires are not exactly snow tires. The only weather condition I try to avoid is the Santana Winds. This can cause damage to its paint.

Bonzi!!!

Mondial T: Never. Top ALWAYS down, never up except when dealer is servicing, and I don't like even that. Plan trips with this car for dry times only.

456: Bought specifically as T replacement for all weather driving: BUT found out about a bad trunk weather striping seal: TRUNK HAD 2 gallons of water!!!!!!!!! yikes, replaced strip from Ferrari for $40 and all is well.... however, those window upgrades from Ferrari need work, and some water drips in drivers side during rain.
Granucci is offline  
post #31 of 42 Old 06-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
456: Bought specifically as T replacement for all weather driving: BUT found out about a bad trunk weather striping seal: TRUNK HAD 2 gallons of water!!!!!!!!! yikes, replaced strip from Ferrari for $40 and all is well.... however, those window upgrades from Ferrari need work, and some water drips in drivers side during rain.
On the 456 GT I had a few years ago, despite several attempts to fix, the windows never where quite right. Always had some minor leak or excessive wind noise from the front edge.
Boxer is offline  
post #32 of 42 Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Owner
 
Schumacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa
Ferrari Life Posts: 439
We had the wettest winter day in 25 years two days ago.

Wet roads + warm engine = sliding around = fun!
Schumacher is offline  
post #33 of 42 Old 06-13-2007, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member
 
jungathart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Manassas, NoVA
Ferrari Life Posts: 566
Boxer,
Actually, it is blu sera metallic. I believe TdF blue is even deeper!

"Liberals are the pallbearers of societies"

'88.3 Testarossa
'83 Mondial QV (sold!)
jungathart is offline  
post #34 of 42 Old 06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungathart View Post
Boxer,
Actually, it is blu sera metallic. I believe TdF blue is even deeper!
It really is a great looking Testarossa. Congrats !
Boxer is offline  
post #35 of 42 Old 06-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
On the 456 GT I had a few years ago, despite several attempts to fix, the windows never where quite right. Always had some minor leak or excessive wind noise from the front edge.
very true and correct. Wind noise, even after Ferrair did the factory fix, had driver's side gap: noise= character , and water entry if standing still in rain

need to fix that somehow.

BTW: found that even after the fix, the Driver's side windows always had a gap, no matter if LHD or RHD..interesting.
Granucci is offline  
post #36 of 42 Old 06-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Could this be fixed by fitting a larger window trim seal ?
Boxer is offline  
post #37 of 42 Old 06-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Could this be fixed by fitting a larger window trim seal ?
don't think so, the window would be pushed out just enough to then be a top problem...

seems removing the door panel and adjusting the guides has been the tried and true solution
Granucci is offline  
post #38 of 42 Old 06-27-2007, 03:25 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 79
*imagines seeing a Ferrari with its wipers on in the rain*

Is it just me, or wouldn't that just add to its appeal? Makes it look mean.
Ferruccio is offline  
post #39 of 42 Old 06-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
*imagines seeing a Ferrari with its wipers on in the rain*

Is it just me, or wouldn't that just add to its appeal? Makes it look mean.
that reminds me:
- had a slight deterioration in the trunk seal [$45 replacement rubber part] that when it rained form La Jolla from picking it up I had 2 GALLONS water in trunk well !!!!!!!!!!!! took most of day to drain with wet-dry-vac and put hanging moisture bags in trunk....was dry in about 3 days, no mild.
- same trip, the water would leak on driver's gapped-window a bit WHEN stopped, causing me to keep towel there.

- GOOD NEWS: Didn't use the wipers....going too fast
Granucci is offline  
post #40 of 42 Old 06-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Rain, rain and more rain, that's all we've had in the UK for the last couple of weeks. It's the end of June and we've got floods across most of the country. Forget about cars, we need boats.
I saw a very sad sight on the BBC news the other evening, a multi storey carpark's basement had flooded and a brand new Aston and Jag XK were submerged upto their roofs.
The forcast is better tomorrow, sunshine at last. I think I'll take the dust cover off the 328 and take her out to celebrate

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale