308 in the Cape - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-08-2014, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Schumacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa
Ferrari Life Posts: 439
308 in the Cape

Hi All

Wishing everyone a happy new year - hopefully 2014 will be a great year!!!!

I just returned from Cape Town. I was there for a nice long break and was greeted by my gleaming 308 parked on first beach Clifton. From the get go the 308 was an absolute gem and I'm not sure whether it was the long run during FLED Africa, the low altitude or the reworked distributor rotor but she felt like a different car from before. Far more responsive and torquey.

I made sure that I drove her every single day and took a trip out the Franschoek Motor Museum (see www.fmm.co.za). As I was parking at the museum a Dutch couple came over to chat to me about the 308. We spent an hour walking around the museum together and whilst chatting worked out that they know Onno and David!!! We met up a couple of times again during the holiday including a spectacular drive over Chapman's Peak - which Fred video'd - I will post a link once I have the footage.

On the negative side I bumped the front so when she gets back tomorrow on the truck, I will send her in to have the small ding repaired. On the positive side though, while I was crawling through Camps Bay in gridlock, I heard a call from a balcony overlooking the road and as I looked up two gorgeous babes ripped their bikini tops off and flashed me!!! I assume it was because of my dashing good looks...

Having the 308 with me on holiday was a complete treat and after this I am even more in love with her than before.

Warm regards

Mike

Current: '81 308 GTSi; '81 Porsche 911 Turbo, '70 Porsche 911E, '94 Lamborghini Diablo VT; '00 Porsche 996 GT3; '07 Aston Martin Vantage
Past:
Ferrari: '81 308 GTSi
Porsche: '68 911S; '73 911 RS Rep; '81 911SC; '84 Carrera; '87 928S4;
Other: '04 Subaru WRX
Schumacher is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 01-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,873
Mike- Happy New Year. Great looking family.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is online now  
post #3 of 11 Old 01-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
That car was very torquey and responsive all the way on FLED...assured ! I'm so happy that it work out so well. Sorry to hear about the little dent.
Happy New year to you and your loved ones, Mike!

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
212Export is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 01-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Way to go Mike. Glad you enjoyed your wonderful 308!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
On the positive side though, while I was crawling through Camps Bay in gridlock, I heard a call from a balcony overlooking the road and as I looked up two gorgeous babes ripped their bikini tops off and flashed me!!! I assume it was because of my dashing good looks...
Bet your glad you bought a GTS now!!

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 01-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Ha, beat you to it Mike! I already have the link!

Such a funny story that my mates Fred, Wilma and Mike ran into each other in South Africa. Small world. But the enthousiasm is the same the world over. Long may it continue!



What a country, Mike. I miss living in SA. Never did get to drive a Ferrari there, hopefully in future.

Oh - and all the best for 2014 of course!!!


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC

Last edited by JazzyO; 01-08-2014 at 07:08 PM.
JazzyO is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 01-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,873
Onno- You sure that is not Fred, Wilma, and Barney?

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is online now  
post #7 of 11 Old 01-09-2014, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Schumacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa
Ferrari Life Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Way to go Mike. Glad you enjoyed your wonderful 308!



Bet your glad you bought a GTS now!!
For sure!!!

Current: '81 308 GTSi; '81 Porsche 911 Turbo, '70 Porsche 911E, '94 Lamborghini Diablo VT; '00 Porsche 996 GT3; '07 Aston Martin Vantage
Past:
Ferrari: '81 308 GTSi
Porsche: '68 911S; '73 911 RS Rep; '81 911SC; '84 Carrera; '87 928S4;
Other: '04 Subaru WRX
Schumacher is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 01-09-2014, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Schumacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa
Ferrari Life Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Ha, beat you to it Mike! I already have the link!

Such a funny story that my mates Fred, Wilma and Mike ran into each other in South Africa. Small world. But the enthousiasm is the same the world over. Long may it continue!



What a country, Mike. I miss living in SA. Never did get to drive a Ferrari there, hopefully in future.

Oh - and all the best for 2014 of course!!!


Onno
Such a small world - and really good people. Onno - come to SA to visit - we'll show you a good time

Current: '81 308 GTSi; '81 Porsche 911 Turbo, '70 Porsche 911E, '94 Lamborghini Diablo VT; '00 Porsche 996 GT3; '07 Aston Martin Vantage
Past:
Ferrari: '81 308 GTSi
Porsche: '68 911S; '73 911 RS Rep; '81 911SC; '84 Carrera; '87 928S4;
Other: '04 Subaru WRX
Schumacher is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 01-09-2014, 12:32 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
Such a small world - and really good people. Onno - come to SA to visit - we'll show you a good time
I believe there are plans for end of this year? Will definitely try to make it!


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 01-09-2014, 12:33 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Onno- You sure that is not Fred, Wilma, and Barney?
I will tell them you said that - I'm sure they've never heard it before....


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 01-09-2014, 05:19 AM
Owner
 
Vitalone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
Hi All

On the negative side I bumped the front so when she gets back tomorrow on the truck, I will send her in to have the small ding repaired. On the positive side though, while I was crawling through Camps Bay in gridlock, I heard a call from a balcony overlooking the road and as I looked up two gorgeous babes ripped their bikini tops off and flashed me!!! I assume it was because of my dashing good looks...

Having the 308 with me on holiday was a complete treat and after this I am even more in love with her than before.
That would explain the front end ding then...

Full credit to you Mike, instead of getting down after receiving a phonecall to say that your little red Ferrari was stricken in Touwsrivier (ie. middle of the Karoo in the middle of nowhere), you turned it around to add to your Cape Town holiday! What a way to bond with this lovely GTSi!

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
Vitalone is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale