Buying a 2000 360 (no warranty).What needs to be checked? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-18-2004, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Buying a 2000 360 (no warranty).What needs to be checked?

Hi There-
I am a newbie. I am looking at purchasing a 2000 360 F1 (2200 miles).It is out of warranty and that makes me skeptical in case I buy it and something goes wrong right away.

Is there any bugs or known problems with this year? Anything I should look at fixing or getting checked out?

Also, does anyone know of a company that you can purchase an extended warranty from?

I think I once heard that the F1 program changed in later years. Can mine get upgraded?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-18-2004, 08:46 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
Re: Buying a 2000 360 (no warranty).What needs to be checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360LVR
Hi There-
I am a newbie. I am looking at purchasing a 2000 360 F1 (2200 miles).It is out of warranty and that makes me skeptical in case I buy it and something goes wrong right away.

Is there any bugs or known problems with this year? Anything I should look at fixing or getting checked out?

Also, does anyone know of a company that you can purchase an extended warranty from?

I think I once heard that the F1 program changed in later years. Can mine get upgraded?
Thanks.
I suggest you have an authorized dealer to inspect the car. I think most 360s have had some recalls/campaigns. Make sure they have been properly serviced. Also the scheduled maintenance is very important. Every year there is something to be done. At 3rd year the major is due and that includes belts. And, make sure the car is regularly driven and has not been abused. Usually when Ferraris sit around they are more prone to problems. There is one company who writes extended warranty for Ferraris: www.exoticwarranty.com. Good luck.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-20-2004, 08:51 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 53
If your very worried about the warranty on a young 360, then is the Ferrari the right car? They are pretty costly to upkeep.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode