ferrari watch - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 11-25-2013, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
ferrari watch

Ferrari Grand Prix Watch steel - Ferrari Store

Guys,

What are your thoughts on the above watch? Its seems to be calling out my name because it matches the F430 wheels so well! I'm not sure what to expect as far as quality goes but for a mere 1000 USD, should one be expecting at least better than your citizen or seiko watch in terms of reliability and build quality? I think i read online that movado is the mfr. I only have my trusty swiss army watch which was given to me as a gift from my father so be neat to be able to have choices....If you own this model or similar, i would really appreicate your take...BTW does anyone know if it has a sapphire coated crystal? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 11-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post

Guys,

What are your thoughts on the above watch? Its seems to be calling out my name because it matches the F430 wheels so well! I'm not sure what to expect as far as quality goes but for a mere 1000 USD, should one be expecting at least better than your citizen or seiko watch in terms of reliability and build quality? I think i read online that movado is the mfr. I only have my trusty swiss army watch which was given to me as a gift from my father so be neat to be able to have choices....If you own this model or similar, i would really appreicate your take...BTW does anyone know if it has a sapphire coated crystal? Thanks.
I have 3 ferrari Watch when they were with swiss movement and I like them. I think they are too expensive at retail price but with a rebate they are Worth it. Try this code DP5KMQ1P76AWNSF4MSB6ZAKPWC
when checking out and you should have a good rebate. Possibly 60% which would make your watch $400.
post #3 of 21 Old 11-25-2013, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Holy moly~

Thanks godabiti...I ended up buying the watch at a little over 40% off! I'll post some feedback once i get it. I'm keeping the fingers crossed that it'll at least be close to my swiss army. I also understand how you feel about when they were swiss made. I wouldn't hesitate as much if they still were "swiss made" but with the discount, it was an easy decision to make.

post #4 of 21 Old 11-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
As far as quality goes, IMO the Seiko quartz movement us probably the finest timepiece quality you can get. The mechanical movement watches that may cost multi thousands are not going to be as accurate and will not likely last any longer. For example, the finest mechanical Rolex will not be as accurate as any seiko, nor will the movement last any longer, probably not as long.

I think what you pay for in high price watches from Switzerland, is an excellent finish and good looks. Certainly, the lower cost watches with Japanese quartz movements are more likely to show cosmetic wear and tear sooner. Especially in the gold plating watches versus the gold alloy cases you might get in say a Rolex or Omega.

I think if you want both accuracy and long lasting looks, IMO, I like the Tag Heuer watches with quartz movements.

That said, the watch in your link, below, has a Japanese quartz movement. Very likely made by Aseiko. So it should be a nice watch. You are paying a bit for the logo.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post

Guys,

Last edited by bisel; 11-25-2013 at 08:49 PM.
post #5 of 21 Old 11-26-2013, 01:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,338
I have a Ferrari watch I bought with a 60% discount coupon.
It's a great sport watch. If its lost time in the year I've had it I'll never know.
If I need "accuracy", I use my cell phone.
Who needs that kind of accuracy in a wrist watch anyway?
Any more, I think watches are jewlry, nothing more.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #6 of 21 Old 11-26-2013, 02:25 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,502
What price accuracy? If your watch loses only 1 second a year, it will read the right time once every 43,200 years. Mine, that is stopped, is right twice every day!

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #7 of 21 Old 11-26-2013, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

hilare

John

I love ur response! Made me chuckle.

I agree wuth above about being jewelry vs accurate time keeper. Cell phones have taken over but for quick check of time I still jjust glance at my wrist.
post #8 of 21 Old 12-05-2013, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

cant believe it

My ferrari watch is stuck at US customs. They need a watch worksheet filled out within 96hrs or else returning it to Italy ie ferraristore.com. how in the heck would seller not include such a form? Fedex askied if I couls fill out but I cant find some of the details...

Number of jewels in movemnt was hardest question as little info is available bout these watches. If anyone knows please post. Btw fedex rep said hes been trying to reach out to the sender but no such luck. Hence the call to me today. Will keep yall posted but be warned about ordering a watch from overseas.
post #9 of 21 Old 12-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Owner

Sorry to hear that Cheng.
I didn't have any problems getting mine, it was delivered right to the house.
No customs form either.

post #10 of 21 Old 12-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 150
Same for me, never had any problems with my watches orders. Shipped to the house.
post #11 of 21 Old 12-05-2013, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

santa?

Maybe Santa will work some magic. After looking at the watch some more...its a must have if one owns an f430. The wheel theme and brake caliper on the back of the watch is so clever.
post #12 of 21 Old 12-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Hi Cheng, If I was one of Santas little helpers (and there is a very disgusting joke hiding here) I would make sure that you would have it in time mate!

David.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #13 of 21 Old 12-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
Customs is out to get their $$$ I have been buying parts overseas for decades and never had any issues. I recently had new brake drums cast/manufactured for my car and they got stuck in Customs for a few weeks while I did paperwork and paid their taxes before they released them. They EVEN charged me for the 5th brake drum, MY brake drum that I sent to the foundry for the pattern, the tax was a $125 a drum based on manufacturing costs and I ended paying it for the 5th drum also just to get the parts out of jail. Over the years I probably have gotten hundreds of parts from the UK and Canada and never any issues, twice this year Customs held up my stuff. They are getting greedy, either that or figured out how money they have lost over the decades but they have gone overboard when you have to pay a tax on your own parts.
post #14 of 21 Old 12-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
It's the law

Had the problem with my watch last year. They want a breakdown but it's easy to do. FedEx usually pays the tax and they bill you.

Lastly my friend I presume you registered as an owner on the Ferrari store? You get a discount and tsing up for promos. It is worth it.

Yeah jonsing for a fix with the Minnesota snow?

Ps why not order from the us store? No duty?

Scotts

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #15 of 21 Old 12-06-2013, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

r u kidding me?

Scott

I thought they all came from italy? I swore I orederd from US site. And yes..im an FCA member. The discount code above is much better. I spoke to my watch salesperson locally and he recommended I call Movado since they made the movement if not entire watch. I took his advice and they were sooo nice. Movado rep was very understanding and knew exactly which model I was referring to. 21 jewels by the way. I then called the fedex rep and filled out form online eith him. Keep fingers and toes crosssed here fellas as customs still needs to clear it. We had to put movado rep down for who helped fill out form so hope customs accepts that. Sad thing is ferraristore.com did not respond to any of my 4 emsils including an online chat request. Highly unlikely id try ordering from them again. Hope scott is right anx I could order from a US warehouse.
post #16 of 21 Old 12-07-2013, 02:04 AM
Owner

I've always been confused by the customs bills from FedEx.
The Ferrari Store site states there are no customs duties when ordering online.

post #17 of 21 Old 12-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Cheng:

Not FCA- go to Ferrari.com and register as an owner. Put your vin in and then everything is discounted to start. For example the Podium watch went from 610 to 568 USD. Then the discount goes from there.

I am not sure about the watches and customs but if you ordered from the US store, there should be no customs. I purchased mine before the US store was an option. And bought my boys their Ferrari watches this summer in Italy at the Ferrari store in Firenze. On the Ferrari store there is an option to get news and promos- that is where the codes comes from.

FYI I beleive your watch does not show up on the US site. That is one problem with the site, there are clearly different items in the US and Italian sites.

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #18 of 21 Old 12-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisel View Post
As far as quality goes, IMO the Seiko quartz movement us probably the finest timepiece quality you can get.

Steve
Quite like this one...

Hands-On With The Seiko Astron - A Solar Powered GPS Watch (Live Pics)

post #19 of 21 Old 12-08-2013, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

on its way..

Fedex tracking shows watch is in town at sorting facility...fingers crossed..hope no customs fee...or not any crazy amount...started looking at replacing crystal to sapphire...wait...no watch yet...one thing at a time pun intended...
post #20 of 21 Old 12-09-2013, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

woohoo!

Just picked up the Ferrari watch! Pictures do not do it justice! Pretty heavy but to no surprise as its a 45mm case. No customs charge either so that was cool. If someone wants one, I saw a couple on Amazon. Thanks for the support fellas! Just another toy to look at when I miss the f430 whos undercover til spring...*SIGH*

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode