talk about a COOL entry list - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-17-2004, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
talk about a COOL entry list

so i received my package for Le Mans Classic today and with it was the entry list.
and i must say Ferrari is well presented during this amazing event next month, i counted no less then 33 Ferrrari's!!! on the 6 grids, and what amazing cars it are:
Grid 2: 2 500 Mondial, 2 750 Monza, 166 MM, 121 LM, 375 Plus, 166 Inter & 340 MM
Grid 3: 4 250 SWB, 1 250 TDF, 2 Dino 246 S, no GTO this time
Grid 4: 2 250 LM , 6 275 GTB
Grid 5: 2 512 M of wich 1 will be driven by Le Mans legend Henri Pescarolo, 512 S, 2 275 GTB/C
Grid 6: 3 365 GTB/4 Gr. IV Daytona Comp., Dino 308 GT4 LM

also a few other Le Mans Winners will be joining the races again including Phil Hill, Jean Guichet, Jochen Mass & Johnny Herbert

so who's coming over aswell, maybe we can go for a beer during the night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-18-2004, 01:24 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 42
Re: talk about a COOL entry list

Dirk, my tickets are ordered. . But you already knew that I was going, because we are going together. But it's indeed interesting to meet some other FerrariForum chatters at Le Mans Classic.

There will be so many great Ferrari's, but also many other interesting cars like 16 (!) Ford GT40's, Bugatti's, Jag C-types & D-types,....

I'm already looking forward to it.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-18-2004, 04:28 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 776
I so live in the wrong country... :ugh:

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...

post #4 of 8 Old 06-18-2004, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

yep, Kevin is going along with me, we are going to stay up the entire night, or maybe get like 1 hour "sleep" on the main tribune, so it should be loads of fun, an amazing list of cars, so let's get some more users down there this one will be very good
post #5 of 8 Old 06-20-2004, 03:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
Enjoy the trip guys. I'm jealous.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
Dirk, can you give me a bit more info on this event? I am interested in doing Le Mans next year but don't know anything about this "Classic" event. Is it a 24hr? Is it a better event than the "regular" race? Where can I find more info on it? I'd certainly be as keen to watch 250s and GT40s (oops wrong marque ) go round as today's cars.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-20-2004, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

4kids here you go:
http://www.lemansclassic.com/2004/

yes it's 24 hours, however since they cover several decades and it are mostly the owners driving, so no pro drivers, they are split in 6 categories, so that they cars racing are a bit compared to each other, so you don't see an Aston DB3S together with a Porsche 917K on the track. and all drive for 1 hour and then about 10 min. later the next group start and they use the Bugatti track, that's the clubtrack instead of the big track. but they are at it for 24 hours and it will show the best cars around.

also i don't know if this event will be on next year, since this is only the 2nd time that it's seperate and the first one was 2 years ago, they made do the same thing as with Monaco historic GP only every 2 years, but i don't know that for certain yet
post #8 of 8 Old 06-24-2004, 11:17 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 42
I've heard that next year there will be a Le Mans "Anniversary" event. I do not exactly know what it's going to be, but it's going to be something with classic Le Mans race cars.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode