A Bummer - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-03-2013, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
A Bummer

I took my wife for a day’s drive in my beast. It was a beautiful day in Southern California. After stopping at the outlet shopping center in Lake Elsinore, we went to Temecula. After going down the main drag, we found where we desired to have lunch. I turned into their parking lot.

This was a mistake as I would soon learn. It looked as the normal place to park your car at somewhere someone wanted me to spend my money. Well, there was a problem. It was in bad repair but I did not see it. My left front wheel dropped about a foot going at 2 -4 mph. My right vent for my brakes had large junks of concrete when I inspected it. Nuts.

I cleaned it out but saw the damage to my lower airdam. Phooey.

All in all, it was a great day with my wife.

Darn! I really like my 550 Maranello.

12 cylinders or walk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-04-2013, 03:18 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,871
Bart- Unlucky. Make sure the radiator and air conditioning lines and condenser were not damaged. Hopefully not and an easy fix.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-04-2013, 03:57 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
BART

I wonder if you have recourse to be reimbursed for repairs ...sounds this hole is due to neglect and owner to be held accountable especially if no signs posted to warn and alert drivers to the danger\

don Knudsen\
naples fl

post #4 of 9 Old 11-04-2013, 04:19 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
My wife talks about scouting out places before we take the Ferrari, but it's impossible to do all the time (Unfortunately).
post #5 of 9 Old 11-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
if you start scouting place ahead of time then you lose all the fun. Just drive it and be careful.

Just yesterday we were enjoying S. Calif. weather and found a hole in the wall that we both suggested trying (just based on the smell as we drove by), no place to park but on a steep hill that I would have to back up on to get out. All I am thinking as I park is how much F1 clutch I will lose backing up and WOW was the food GREAT, we will go back, screw the clutch.

2 weeks ago I had to parallel park and all I can think of is the SUVs that wont see the 360 or the idiots who use the "bump" parking system. 4 1/2 hours later I get back to the car and NO damage.

Its just a car, yeah a Ferrari but a car, drive it like you would any other car. And be careful, but a hole as big as the op mentioned would likely have done damage to other cars also maybe not a SUV but normal cars.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Sorry to here that. everyone here has had similar experiences. I remember selling my lambo diablo roadster and thinking, i'll just take it to this one last get together. smashed the front spoiler on the guys lawn. of course. 2k and a real rush to get it done and it was on it's way. some things are just unavoidable. remember, it's just a car.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 9 Old 11-05-2013, 05:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
550 /328

Sorry to hear about this. I have been pretty lucky over the last 14 years., I do remember going over a dip in the road / driveway a couple of times, and center punching the car, so to speak, hitting the frame rails on each side of my 328 . California sure like s its dips and potholes, thankfully there are an infinite amount of Heavenly roads for driving Ferraris , throughout the State. That goes for riding motorcycles as well.
Attached Images

post #8 of 9 Old 11-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #9 of 9 Old 11-05-2013, 07:57 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 10
Can you PM me the name of the restaurant? The Wifey (Boss) likes the wineries up there and we're always looking for new places to eat.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode