HELP ! Wife asked question I cannot answer ! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 10-27-2013, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
HELP ! Wife asked question I cannot answer !

So, I'm doing the routine maintenance all us F-car owners do ... changing the stale air in the tires for fresh air, cleaning the last couple days of dust off the exhaust headers, ensuring that no bug parts are visible on the radiator grill, wiping out the inside of the wheels, cleaning the inside of the exhaust pipes, etc.

My wife comes in the garage and I ask what she thinks of my efforts. You would think she would heap praise and compliments ... but noooo .... she asks, "Why don't you exert the same care and attention on details around the house, like the yard work, cleaning the BBQ, helping out with house cleaning? "

I am in desperate need of help here! There has to be one among you who can offer me advise and counsel. I need a good response ... PLEASE HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 10-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisel View Post
So, I'm doing the routine maintenance all us F-car owners do ... changing the stale air in the tires for fresh air, cleaning the last couple days of dust off the exhaust headers, ensuring that no bug parts are visible on the radiator grill, wiping out the inside of the wheels, cleaning the inside of the exhaust pipes, etc.

My wife comes in the garage and I ask what she thinks of my efforts. You would think she would heap praise and compliments ... but noooo .... she asks, "Why don't you exert the same care and attention on details around the house, like the yard work, cleaning the BBQ, helping out with house cleaning? "

I am in desperate need of help here! There has to be one among you who can offer me advise and counsel. I need a good response ... PLEASE HELP!
Upgrade to Wife 2.0

Or, hire a maid

Or, give her bling

Or, help out more at home

Ferrari ownership is an expensive game I'm afraid...

Good luck and let us know how you are getting out of this self inflicted situation of yours.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #3 of 38 Old 10-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
I would upgrade, if she cannot understand the fact that this is your passion/ hobby.

w/ smiles

Jimmy

post #4 of 38 Old 10-27-2013, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Owner

With the exception of her not fully appreciating the F-car thing ... she is still a keeper. I worry that an upgrade to Wife 2.0 might introduce new problems. I have heard stories from buddies of mine who upgraded to Wife 2.0 ... and one who upgraded to Wife 3.0 ... that the upgrade is not without problems ... there are other upgrades required as well, such as Extra Flowers 1.5, Diamonds 2.8, and House 2.0 is frequently a co-requisite of Wife 2.0. And, you can not uninstall these programs and go back.

I read that it is best to keep Wife 1.0 (assuming that you have not already installed Mistress 2.6 or Secretary with Short Skirt 3.0) and then run the command c:\yes_dear along with c:\apologize

Steve
post #5 of 38 Old 10-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Steve, you win. I would opt to put 1.0 in sleep mode and take your last options.

w/ smiles

Jimmy
post #6 of 38 Old 10-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Missed opportunity

The only correct reply is-

I do!

The wife 2.0 is more costly the Ferrari 2.0, 3.0 etc.

ScottS

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #7 of 38 Old 10-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,871
This is an easy one. Just ask her whether she would rather have you working on the Ferrari or out drinking and stuffing five dollar bills in a girl's g string.

Does she also work? Makes a big difference.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #8 of 38 Old 10-27-2013, 11:00 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 58
Ask her why she doesn't clay bar and wax her refrigerator.
post #9 of 38 Old 10-28-2013, 01:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,335
I'll bet she doesn't leave the house without a lot of preparation.
Tell her it's no less than her efforts at personal care and beauty.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #10 of 38 Old 10-28-2013, 04:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Definitely don't go for wife 2.0 unless you want to see HER new boyfriend driving YOUR car.
Just ask OJ Simpson about Nicole's white Testarossa.
That was a car just to kill for according to OJ.

Suck it up and be happy. Offer to polish her diamonds.
My God man, you have a Ferrari.
post #11 of 38 Old 10-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 199
how does she know you did not clean the BBQ ? wives are not allowed near BBQ's, there is fire there and they could get hurt, I would have gotten upset that she took such a risk and ignored the rest of her comments.
post #12 of 38 Old 10-28-2013, 08:39 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
wife wants attention. car gets devotion and is competitor. wife could less about F car. she feels like she is playing second fiddle.

at this time words do not work. drop your clay bar. without saying anything, go take out garbage. one tactic that works for me is to start scrubbing kitchen floor and if that does not work, scrub the toilet and shower. get real dirty, hot and sweaty .lastly go clean your closet.

oh and yes look humble and ask for glass of ice water as you fix lights, drapes and put things in order.

no dinner, order out Italian or Mexican.

oh and be sure to shower and change underwear and shave.

as last resort put car cover on F car ,hook up charger and then ask wife if she would like to go home depot to upgrade kitchen cabinets as you take her over to select new paint colors.

this will work ,cause what wife resist free be at home depot.

oh and when getting in car , not Ferrari, tell her she looks great. of course, she will snarl and may say to fXXk off., but be calm she is just enjoying every minute of it.

expect the cold shoulder from her till she starts out to pick paint colors. as soon as she gets involved with joint project that she will control, your her slave, healing will begin.

Remember you pissed her off and you are going to eat sXXt for a while.

Oh and do not lose your temper, or you will find Ferrari parked in middle street with FOR SALE sign

I am married 41 years, I can tell you, that you are stuck in a manmade hell from which there is no escape , destined to be food for the Harpies, straight from Hades in greek mythology, soulless and heartless creatures.

don Knudsen

Naples, Fl
post #13 of 38 Old 10-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisel View Post

I get the same comments. Also get the "All you care about is your cars."

It has gotten better since I do about 2 hours of housework / week.

The mistake you made was asking a woman what she thinks. Never do this.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #14 of 38 Old 10-28-2013, 09:23 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
Not TO be sexist or anything. But..... women do not think...they emote..wired differently

They process and interpret data using algorithms bestowed on them when Adam screwed up the apple bit.

Actions speak...also I think your F car is corso... red can be infuriating to the female gender..now if it was tour de france..blue... cooler color and does not intensify female emotions in fact almost has a calming effect. This all being driven by hormones and the very atoms that say KICK ASS...

There is hope ....all is not lost.....if you can hold out for the full moon...then all is recycled

don Knudsen
naples fl
post #15 of 38 Old 10-28-2013, 11:35 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 20
Taken off 2 1/2 men - Answer her questions with a question. Yeah it is alot of work, hey did you do something different to your hair - looks great. Problem solved. Cheaper to keep her.
post #16 of 38 Old 10-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 41
which came first, the ferrari or the wife?
post #17 of 38 Old 10-28-2013, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I too am married 41 years and the wife came first. I enjoyed all your suggestions and am putting some to good use. Actually, she is pretty good sport about the Ferrari. She doesn't share my passion for it, but she fully accepts mine. Before acquiring the car, I made sure to clear it with her first. We both have careers and the car is joint ownership. Now, excuse me while I go and scrub out the toilet.
post #18 of 38 Old 10-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Ok Steve, I'm gonna get serious!!

Stage 1. You probably don't want to hear this (and it is nowhere near as colourful as the other comments) but tell her that she is correct!! Why have the best cared for Ferrari if your home and wife feel neglected? If you spend the same effort on your place (and wife), not only everything will move along swimmingly, but you will begin to feel as proud of your surrounds as you do with your car.

If you fail to convince her, remind her of how much she means to you etc.

Still not winning - then a gift from the heart should clinch it.

Not winning still - then time to get sinister! Start to draw up plans to extend the garage. Why? Because to accommodate your next luxury toy, car, harley etc. Be prepared for a lengthy fight, followed by a not so hasty retreat into something like "Ok honey, I see your point, I'll have to be satisfied and try to re bond with the one I've got".

If she sees through this strategy then I'm sorry to say you've met your match.

Good luck.

David.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #19 of 38 Old 10-29-2013, 04:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
David

I think you answered your own question.

Adding the word "not" then exchange car / parts care for woman parts / care.

Women are no different from Ferrari's ... both require lots of love attention and money to properly maintain and when you defer maintenance they both get REALLY expensive ... trust me

[QUOTE=bisel;278977]So, I'm "not" doing the routine maintenance all us F-car owners do ... changing the stale air in the tires for fresh air, cleaning the last couple days of dust off the exhaust headers, ensuring that no bug parts are visible on the radiator grill, wiping out the inside of the wheels, cleaning the inside of the exhaust pipes, etc.
post #20 of 38 Old 10-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post

Women are no different from Ferrari's ... both require lots of love attention and money to properly maintain and when you defer maintenance they both get REALLY expensive ... trust me
You have once again just hit the nail on it's head.

David.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode