Ferrari Life Forum banner

Going to Japanese GP

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  wetpet 
#1 ·
John Cribb (cribbj) and I are going to the Japanese GP. We're really looking forward to it as this will be our first time in Japan. We'll be in the Ferrari Paddock Club all three days.

This was an eightieth birthday present from my wife and my Maranello Skunk Works buddy John.

We're staying at the Nagoya Marriott if anyone would like to join us for a drink or dinner.

#3 ·
Dave & I are really looking forward to this.

I was fortunate enough to be able to go to Monaco too for the first time this year, thanks to the kindness of Peter (Scottish16M) inviting me to join his group. We nearly had Dave talked into coming over at the last minute for that as well, but he elected to have surgery instead - poor choice!

Jimmy are you going to the GP, or are you anywhere near Nagoya?

#4 ·
John, Nagoya is quite a distance away from Yokohama & Tokyo unfortunately. Besides, I have never attended any race events as such.

If you are stopping by thru Tokyo, do let me know and I would find time to see you two.

Meanwhile, enjoy your vacation. :thumbsup:

w/ smiles

Jimmy

#5 ·
Jimmy, I think we'll be in Tokyo for 4-5 hours between flights on Tuesday the 15th. Are you near Narita?

#6 ·
John, Narita International Airport is about 70 miles (100km) from Tokyo. ( Yes, it is out in nowhere). That's about an hour and half with modest traffic.

If you are in transit for 4-5 hours and are allowed to wonder outside transit area, maybe I can meet you guys for coffee or something.

What is your itinerary ? Are you catching a domestic flight from Narita to Nagoya ?

w/ smiles

Jimmy

#8 ·
Have a wonderful time John, Im jealous...mind you Ive just spent another 3.5 weeks in Monaco at the Hermitage Hotel this time, what a spectacular hotel, highly recommend the Port view suites & the service was world class, so its not all bad, although now currently on my way back to Scotland in my FF, just in time for winter to arrive.....must need my head checked, ask Dave the name & No of his surgeon please!!!

Congrats guys, meet Jimmy if you can, he's a real nice guy!

#9 ·
Peter, I can certainly think of worse places to spend 3.5 weeks than the Hermitage Hotel in Monaco :)

Hopefully we'll find a way to rendezvous with Jimmy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.