Financial Guidance Needed - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-22-2013, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Tam

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Financial Guidance Needed

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. My question is that how can someone afford a Ferrari? I'm currently a freshman in college, and still got a long way to go. However, seeing people own ferraris and wonder how could they even afford such a thing is a mind bottling question to me. Sorry if that's a stupid question. Maybe if someone can explain it to me, that'd be awesome. Do people do payment plans at all or they just pay it off in one transaction? And if I want to buy (when I get older obviously haha), what should I be doing right now? Any guidance would be great knowledge to me. Thank you everyone. Take care - Tam

P.s: I have a full ride to a UC and my major is crim but I'm considering of double in accountant as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 128
Marry well!

Maranello Skunk Works Team Member
post #3 of 8 Old 09-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
Save your money and don't set your first Ferrari ownership experience too high. For example, you may want to look at a 308 or 328 ... they are more affordable and the maintenance cost less than many others. If you are handy with a wrench, you can do a lot of the work yourself. A word of warning, parts for Ferraris are not inexpensive. So, the cost of ownership is likely to be higher than say a Porsche.

Save your sheckles my friend. Most everyone here got their Ferrari that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. My question is that how can someone afford a Ferrari? I'm currently a freshman in college, and still got a long way to go. However, seeing people own ferraris and wonder how could they even afford such a thing is a mind bottling question to me. Sorry if that's a stupid question. Maybe if someone can explain it to me, that'd be awesome. Do people do payment plans at all or they just pay it off in one transaction? And if I want to buy (when I get older obviously haha), what should I be doing right now? Any guidance would be great knowledge to me. Thank you everyone. Take care - Tam

P.s: I have a full ride to a UC and my major is crim but I'm considering of double in accountant as well

post #4 of 8 Old 09-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
You're asking the right question and that's a start. You might also be surprised to learn some of the owners don't have huge incomes. I know of at least one that has had a wide variety of super cars over the years and has done it buy doing his homework and looking for deals. He drives them for a year or so but also has them for sale for the right price, usually more than he paid. Basically gets to drive them for free.

The difference between rich and poor people is not the income but more a state of mind. I know plenty of people that have tremendous incomes and are totally in debt. I also know guys making $45k a year that have money socked away in 401K's etc. Most of the rich guys pick up pennies when they see them on the ground...its the mind set. There's a reason they have money.

------------------------------

Life is Good!
post #5 of 8 Old 09-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 41
You can do it the way I did it...
Put This On • The Man Who Thrifted A Ferrari Who
post #6 of 8 Old 09-22-2013, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Tam

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisel View Post
Save your money and don't set your first Ferrari ownership experience too high. For example, you may want to look at a 308 or 328 ... they are more affordable and the maintenance cost less than many others. If you are handy with a wrench, you can do a lot of the work yourself. A word of warning, parts for Ferraris are not inexpensive. So, the cost of ownership is likely to be higher than say a Porsche.

Save your sheckles my friend. Most everyone here got their Ferrari that way.
I just learned alot from just a few words from you. Now I kind of having an idea on what to do....I guess i'll put the Ferrari ownership under the file "when-i-have-extra-money-aside" haha...and also need to learn how to work the wrench because nobody ever taught me to (grew up with mom). Still got a long way to go, but i should start saving now.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
I buy alot of lottery tickets. . Read the book "The Millionaire Mind."

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #8 of 8 Old 09-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisel View Post
Save your money and don't set your first Ferrari ownership experience too high. For example, you may want to look at a 308 or 328 ...
What? 308/328 are absolutely wonderful cars and still a pretty good value although they are headed up these days with nice examples topping 348/355 prices.

Perhaps you meant to say he should be looking for a model that is near the bottom of the depreciation curve making it less expensive and a pretty solid investment?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode