Ferrari Life Forum banner

Up to 6 modern cars allowed, so what's in your ideal garage & why?

5K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  champagne612 
#1 · (Edited)
For me it's easy....

Pagani Zonda Revolución - no reason needed, damn just look at it!
Ferrari 16M - beautifully balanced and exquisitely crafted, oh and its a tad shouty!
Ferrari 599GTO - as above.
Ferrari California 30 (Handling Speciale) - great all rounder for short journeys in the sun and for when I'm out with my wife and Hamish.
Ferrari FF - best all rounder in the world today IMO.
Newly launched 2014 model Range Rover Sport - it's all round abilities to conquer, oh and it's rapid...0-100kph in 5 secs anyone!

So if you could have any 6 modern cars in your garage, what and why? :ears:

#12 ·
+1 on the Huayra.... Simply stunning to look at.
Cayenne Turbo S.... Because who doesn't need an SUV that'll do 175mph?
575 hgtc.... With the row your own option.
Unimog 406..... The mother of all 4x4s.... Forge the Chesapeake bay!
Daytona Spider...... One word! Gumball!
1966 Olds 442 convertible L69..... My dad had a 65. Always wanted one.

#4 · (Edited)
Since I define modern as post war:

Ford F150 Lightning. Everyone needs a DD and mine has been great.
D Jag
Mercedes 300SL Roadster and
Lancia Aurelia Spider. The only 3 rag tops ever made worth owning.
Lancia Fulvia HF. The worlds only front wheel drive car that has good driving dynamics.
Ferrari 288

But, I'd never own 6 cars. I have before and you don't drive them enough to prevent problems. You spend as much time fixing them as driving. We have 5 now and that is still too many. The other half wants an old GTO and I say 2 others need to go first. Pick 2 out and I'll shop for a GTO.

#14 ·
16M - perfect poser car :)

69Z28 - Cross Ram old school ... love that car!

P1 - all black in case the red phone rings

La Fa - all black in case the red phone rings and the P1 doesn't start

FF - all grown up with a ton of hp to play with.

G65 - in case they ever come - I am prepared.

#17 · (Edited)
FF (everyday super car by far)
458 (for those them hills)
Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster (for those days you need to be medallion man)
Zonda Tricolore (when three is just enough)
Bugatti Veyron Vitesse (1200 bhp in a drop top enough said?)
Range Rover Autobiography Diesel for the super market and airport run.

#18 ·
Bugatti Veyron - impossible to remake, like gioconda!
Ferrari 575m hgtc - beautifully balanced, exquisitely body design without time ....
Ferrari F50 - my young's dream.
Maserati 3500 GT spyder Vignale - wonderful design ....
CLS 500 4 matic - hight confort speed sedan, nice for family ....
Audi A1 - unique of those six car to go to sea and to park on the beach .....

enjoy to drive at all .....

#19 ·
Mercedes GL 550 fly fishing car
Ferrari 575M pretty
Ferrari F12 fast and pretty
Ferrari F150 very fast and pretty
Ferrari F50 5 valve V12 fast and pretty
Ferrari 250 LM my favorite Ferrari, make mine short nose and LHD

Not sure the last one counts as modern, but what the heck. Would have liked to add an OSCA MT4 and a 67 327/350 AC Corvette, but no space.

#20 ·
black 458 coupe - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/Ferrari360/458black.jpg - Well, it's the best looking car i've ever seen, sounds great as well.

black 360 spider - http://svs-ltd.com/images/200404ferrari360spyder 002.JPG - A great looking car with the top down, beats the f430 out because the rear prancing horse logo is bigger lol

black v8 vantage mansory - http://www.d2forged.com/gallery/wp-...Vantage-V8-Mansory-D2FORGED-VS5-Wheels-03.jpg - Classy car, stylish as well

Zonda old version - http://www.topmostcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Pagani-Zonda-S.jpg - I love the older ones, they looked amazing when they come out and still do

black gallardo lp - http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5247/5297823582_6d0a7b56d7_z.jpg - There was a time when I only like the gallardo and nothing else, so this can go in, I do prefer the lp over the original, only the rear though.
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5247/5297823582_6d0a7b56d7_z.jpg

#23 ·
modern car is a loose & personal view point cut off line, but here goes:

my 308 GTB remains, iconic and now with more than enough 'oompf'
288 GTO
Pagani Zonda Tricolore
FF (cannot imagine a better 4 seater GT)
Audi RS6 Avant (Great Dane needs to go somewhere)
599 Aperta (have to have a convertible)

#24 ·
Not as easy as it first looks, but here's my first cut at it.....

1. My 575M obviously
2. F12 probably in black for badness
3. New Range Rover Autobiography for daily driver
4. 430 Scuderia for track days and annoying the neighbours
5. Split screen T2 Kombi camper twotone, lowered,worked and Fuchs wheels for weekend getaways
6. And a manual F355 Spider in Rosso/creama for when the sun comes out and the air is cold. Ooh the sound

Actually you should always have an anonymous runabout for shopping centre car parks etc but I'm not sure which one of the above to chuck........

Cheers
Michael

#25 ·
Ok, now here's a wee twist!

As I started the thread how about we throw in a wee date curveball, lets try this again, but this time it has to be from 1990 onwards guys!!!!

#28 ·
Crud, Brain, I can think of a lot more than 6 cars built since 1990 I would like to own. For free, I might even sign up for an 8 cylinder besides the fly fishing car.

#29 ·
I agree for free - it's hard to say no ty.

But as I get older beginning to really hate all the useless crap put on todays cars.

Slightly torn as I think the F1 and ceramics are the greatest things since round wheels ... but ... starting to appreciate what you guys had at your disposal back in the day.

Peter sorry for the curve but for the 69z28 I was good to go - so exchange that for a Mulsanne Conv just in case you come into town :)

#32 ·
For me it would Be like this:

- Pagani Huayra (Full Carbon, Chrome wheels, Tricolore striping)

- Ferrari 458 Spider (Giallo 3 layer, black wheels, carbon Shields, black logos and racing seats)

- Ferrari F50 (Argento Nurburgring, only one produced as far as i know)

- Ferrari FF (Also Argento Nurburgring with panoramic roof, 22 inch novitec Rosso wheels, Carbon sideskirts, Black Daytona seats with Silver stiching)

- Mercedes Benz G65 AMG Brabus for driving around like a maffia boss. (Matte Blue with all black logos and black leather)

- Ferrari 599 SA Aperta (Blue Abu Dhabi with black leather)

Cars older then 1990... Though because i was not Born back then lol

- Ferrari 365 Daytona (Red)
- Lamborghini Miura SV (Green)
- Ferrari 250 Lusso
- Mercedes SL Gullwing (Silver)
- Aston Martin DB5 (Silver)
- Corvette C1 (Red/White)

#36 ·
Brian- Vintage Pontiac GTOs have great aura, bring big bucks, but were terrible cars, even with the handling package. No brakes, no handling, and a huge number of turns lock to lock. Have driven quite a few. As long as it is driven like a boulevard cruiser with a few bursts of straight-line speed, should be bearable, though.

#37 ·
Non numbers matching, non show quality cars are quite reasonable. I have no need for a stock one. Lots of great brakes and suspension stuff out there. Essentially same chassis as Camaro. Trans Am Cameros worked quite well.

Have sports cars. Don't need more. Besides if I can use it to lever 2 out of the garage it will be worth every penny.

Too many cars is a liability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.