Removing Air Bag Warning Sticker on Sun Visor - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-24-2013, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
Removing Air Bag Warning Sticker on Sun Visor

My car still has the two air bag warning stickers on the sun visors ... 2004 360.

What advice do you all have on peeling those annoying stickers off. I am concerned the residue will leave a mark and is there any way to remove that mark without having the visor recovered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-25-2013, 05:23 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 20
I don't know about 360s,but with other cars in my experience those stickers aren't removeable. But if you can get them off (such as with heat from a hair dryer),then the glue should come off with adhesive remover such as 3M's product.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
I would leave it.

It is there to comply with Federal law. If a future owner or their passenger is injured or killed by an airbag it can come back on you.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,335
They're like the tags on new pillows and mattresses, if you cut them off, you go directly to jail.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-25-2013, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ummm, I believe the manufacturer puts them there to comply with Federal law. There is nothing that says the owner of the vehicle has to keep them there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I would leave it.

It is there to comply with Federal law. If a future owner or their passenger is injured or killed by an airbag it can come back on you.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-26-2013, 07:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
They're like the tags on new pillows and mattresses, if you cut them off, you go directly to jail.

That law was changed a long time ago.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-26-2013, 07:50 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
Airbag warning label removal

Steve,

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration mandates that vehicles produced after
2/25/1997 must have permanently affixed airbag warning labels. The name of this ruling is FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS; occupant crash protection, Section 49 CFR Part 571.

If the visor becomes damaged, then the dealer should install replacement visors that have the
PERMANENT LABELS AFFIXED

LOOKING FOR 575

THIS 2004 575 RECENT belt, fluid change, fluid flush, and engine mount bushings replaced 8/06/2013 by dealer.

10500 miles and last owner used for over 4 years. $114000

don knudsen
Attached Images

post #8 of 8 Old 08-26-2013, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Don,

If I were a dealer, I might be concerned ... only might, probably not though.

As a consumer, I am not bound to keep warning labels on the car. There are a host of similar laws requiring manufacturers to post warning labels on any number of products for the initial consumer ... e.g., mattresses and pillows, electrical extension cords (in fact just about anything that plugs into a wall socket) ... I could go on, you get the point. But in each of those cases, the consumer is not obliged by law to keep the warning label in place and if the consumer were to sell the object, the private consumer is not bound by law to replace any warning labels. I am not sure about a commercial enterprise (e.g., a car dealer) ... but that is not my concern.

Kind regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by knutzl99 View Post
Steve,

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration mandates that vehicles produced after
2/25/1997 must have permanently affixed airbag warning labels. The name of this ruling is FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS; occupant crash protection, Section 49 CFR Part 571.

If the visor becomes damaged, then the dealer should install replacement visors that have the
PERMANENT LABELS AFFIXED

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode