Challenge Cars Ownership Shops Enthusiasts - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Challenge Cars Ownership Shops Enthusiasts

Ferrari Life has a fair share of owners shops and enthusiasts - Por Favor add a Challenge Section to the proper area.

No idea what it costs for sponsors to advertise here but I am guessing it's a lot less than the other place.

I also would like to Thank the members here for all the advice.

After attending the FCA in Ekhart - the experience outside of this forum is top notch and for that reason I am going with Ferrari vs ...

Posting here is a leap from the other place but I assure it's a leap worth taking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Ferrari Life has a fair share of owners shops and enthusiasts - Por Favor add a Challenge Section to the proper area.

No idea what it costs for sponsors to advertise here but I am guessing it's a lot less than the other place.

I also would like to Thank the members here for all the advice.

After attending the FCA in Ekhart - the experience outside of this forum is top notch and for that reason I am going with Ferrari vs ...

Posting here is a leap from the other place but I assure it's a leap worth taking.
And now in English Por favor

Cars
458 coupe normale, California T, Speciale A, 458 GT3, FF Maserati Ghibli diesel!
on way in 2015: La F, and 488, 2016 488 spider
post #3 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
And now in English Por favor
Sounds much better when you post it

Hope you are right about Ferrari's having more soul!

Purchased this sight unseen from an extremely nice guy that just completed a spectacular fresh build of this 360!

Apologies for the poor pics.
Attached Images

post #4 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #5 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 04:49 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 30
Very nice!
post #6 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,132
Congrats Doug. Enjoy it in good health, and let us know your impressions.
post #7 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 05:56 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
Congrats and great looking car.
Alex.
post #8 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks for all the nice comments - trust me I won't be shy with my impressions / expreriences

Ed - just grabbed it off e-bay late this afternoon - will pick it up or have it shipped as soon as the passenger seat is installed.

Probably need to modify the trailer which came from Trailex in Ohio so hoping to kill two birds with one stone.

Hoping to make it to Glen Watkins for CCR.
post #9 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 06:55 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
I'm jealous on your purchase.I lost out on the 360 challenge car sold in Toronto Canada for $65G.It needed some work.It was owned by a lease company and they wanted out of the car.
Have fun and enjoy it.
Alex.
post #10 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Owner
Elite Member

post #11 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX A View Post
I'm jealous on your purchase.I lost out on the 360 challenge car sold in Toronto Canada for $65G.It needed some work.It was owned by a lease company and they wanted out of the car.
Have fun and enjoy it.
Alex.
Paid a dollar under 90k

Alex - the 360 for me was more appealing than the 430 and 458 only concern was finding one and when I came upon this it was the right car.

I can't post the link but here is the spec.

VIN# ZFFYR51B000122917

Assembly No. 39990

3.6 Liter V-8 - Newly Restored

History for VIN 22917:

The 360 Challenge car for sale was originally sold and raced under the Ferrari of Washington banner and briefly competed in the Ferrari Challenge Series by a gentleman racer. The car was then upgraded to GrandAm specifications and competed in a handful of select GrandAm Rolex Series races as a GT class sports car with the requisite wing and additional modifications to make it more competitive than its factory spec-class configuration. It raced as a secondary team car alongside F.O.W.’s factory 360 N-GT. Upon retirement from its brief stint as world-class GT racer, the car was purchased by private owner who used the car solely as a practice race car to remain current while campaigning a F430 in the newly formed F430 Challenge Series. The car purchased and resold by an official Ferrari dealer to its third owner, a vintage racer and collector who used the car for a mere two track days before selling it to fourth and current owner. The current owner, an avid collector of sport, exotic, and notable race cars purchased the car in the Fall of 2010. Following the purchase, two years were spent to restore and improve the car. The car received a full repaint in its original PPG color, dated safety equipment including seat, safety harnesses, steering wheel, and fire suppression system were replaced with newly certified, modern equipment and enhancements were made to improve performance. The car was also improved by adding new Michelloto style N-GT front and rear bumpers, 360 CS side skirts and APR wing that was created through finite element analysis specifically for this car. The car has a cockpit controlled brake bias, and full F.I.A. certified roll bar with F.I.A. crush pads. After its two year restoration, the car was tested at Mid-Ohio, unfortunately, during the second lap, the car’s oil pump failed forcing the car back into the paddock to continue work. With only two laps testing, the car’s engine was pulled and replaced with a fresh motor. With the engine out, improvements were made to the exhaust system, clutch, radiators, and E.C.U. Now, one year later, the car is finished, practically like new, and ready to race. Other cars, interests and too little time force the sale of this beauty. With car’s infrequent use, and lengthy restoration process, very few miles and hours have been logged. Additionally, with the new motor, clutch, radiators and other restoration work, it is most likely one of the “freshest” 360 Challenge cars located in North America. There are zero hours logged since the restoration, only engine and systems test time, no laps taken since restored.

Key Facts:

Exhaust:

· Custom Agency Power Headers with Ceramic Coating

· Fabspeed Cat-delete pipes

· Custom HMF Engineering “X”-Pipe exhaust with twin through-bumper exit tips (N-GT style)

Engine:

· Fresh motor fully serviced, new belts, tensioners, seals. (Note that this motor was purchased from Gallo Competition in January 2013 as a long-block crate motor). The original motor is currently being re-built by Earl Gibbs of Northcoast Exotics and will be available for sale upon completion to the new owner or offered for sale separately. Price is to be determined once it is completed. The original will be sold as a long-block plus all associated parts including injectors, intake manifold, air plenum, distributor, starter, etc. - basically a fully functioning new engine.)

· Brand new custom Wizard Cooling race radiators (all aluminum construction, far better than stock!
· New Factory 360 Challenge clutch
· Re-calibrated E.C.U.’s performed by Mase Engineering (Jacksonville, FL)
· New Hoosier slicks (100 compound) – used only in the paddock, never raced
· All fluids, brake pads, rotors, tires are new, or as new recently replaced.
Bodywork/Aeros:
· APR Carbon fiber rear wing
· N-GT Bumpers
· CS Side Skirts
· Fresh Paint
· Invictashield clear bra (Covers front bumper fenders, full hood, rocker panels and key stone impact points)
Other:

· Custom lug nuts – 7075 Forged T6 Aircraft grade aluminum alloy lug nuts (0.08 oz each with higher tensile strength than stock)

I spoke with Team Pilota about a 430 - very nice guy and he even suggested buying it!

Ed - you know I have no idea what I am doing ... right?

Last edited by champagne612; 08-19-2013 at 07:32 PM.
post #12 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Drank with the team pilota guys every night, good chaps. They even had a fuel pump for a 430 and put it in for us too! all at the last minute. That is gentleman racing! I would highly recommend them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Paid a dollar under 90k

I spoke with Team Pilota about a 430 - very nice guy and he even suggested buying it!

Ed - you know I have no idea what I am doing ... right?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #13 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
Drank with the team pilota guys every night, good chaps. They even had a fuel pump for a 430 and put it in for us too! all at the last minute. That is gentleman racing! I would highly recommend them.
I agree - the only downside is they are in Boston and might prefer a closer option.

They were also recommended by another member here.
post #14 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Great choice Doug! Hope to see you at the Glens in a couple weeks.

Ferrari: 2001 360 Modena Coupe
Other: 2004 C5 Coupe
post #15 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,871
Doug- She is a beauty. Better start training for all the 'g's she will be able to pull.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #16 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNart View Post
Great choice Doug! Hope to see you at the Glens in a couple weeks.
Thanks!

I am doing my best to get up there - if for no other reason to Ty for some outstanding lobster
post #17 of 30 Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 700
Love it!

'SCUD' Verb. To move fast as if driven by the wind.
post #18 of 30 Old 08-20-2013, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Love it!
Thanks Terry - drove in one of the Nascar schools it's a different world with slicks.

Russell me too
post #19 of 30 Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Awesome car Doug, congrats on finding your soul mate!

You'll have to bring that car east to Summit Point, WV track for us DC-locals to see/ride along.

My initial impression: You're gonna' need a bigger wing (and trophy case)
post #20 of 30 Old 08-20-2013, 07:23 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Also consider giving a call to our sponsor competizione. they have some great upgrades and practical advice after racing these for years.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode