I'm jealous on your purchase.I lost out on the 360 challenge car sold in Toronto Canada for $65G.It needed some work.It was owned by a lease company and they wanted out of the car.
Have fun and enjoy it.
Paid a dollar under 90k
Alex - the 360 for me was more appealing than the 430 and 458 only concern was finding one and when I came upon this it was the right car.
I can't post the link but here is the spec.
Assembly No. 39990
3.6 Liter V-8 - Newly Restored
History for VIN 22917:
The 360 Challenge car for sale was originally sold and raced under the Ferrari of Washington banner and briefly competed in the Ferrari Challenge Series by a gentleman racer. The car was then upgraded to GrandAm specifications and competed in a handful of select GrandAm Rolex Series races as a GT class sports car with the requisite wing and additional modifications to make it more competitive than its factory spec-class configuration. It raced as a secondary team car alongside F.O.W.’s factory 360 N-GT. Upon retirement from its brief stint as world-class GT racer, the car was purchased by private owner who used the car solely as a practice race car to remain current while campaigning a F430 in the newly formed F430 Challenge Series. The car purchased and resold by an official Ferrari dealer to its third owner, a vintage racer and collector who used the car for a mere two track days before selling it to fourth and current owner. The current owner, an avid collector of sport, exotic, and notable race cars purchased the car in the Fall of 2010. Following the purchase, two years were spent to restore and improve the car. The car received a full repaint in its original PPG color, dated safety equipment including seat, safety harnesses, steering wheel, and fire suppression system were replaced with newly certified, modern equipment and enhancements were made to improve performance. The car was also improved by adding new Michelloto style N-GT front and rear bumpers, 360 CS side skirts and APR wing that was created through finite element analysis specifically for this car. The car has a cockpit controlled brake bias, and full F.I.A. certified roll bar with F.I.A. crush pads. After its two year restoration, the car was tested at Mid-Ohio, unfortunately, during the second lap, the car’s oil pump failed forcing the car back into the paddock to continue work. With only two laps testing, the car’s engine was pulled and replaced with a fresh motor. With the engine out, improvements were made to the exhaust system, clutch, radiators, and E.C.U. Now, one year later, the car is finished, practically like new, and ready to race. Other cars, interests and too little time force the sale of this beauty. With car’s infrequent use, and lengthy restoration process, very few miles and hours have been logged. Additionally, with the new motor, clutch, radiators and other restoration work, it is most likely one of the “freshest” 360 Challenge cars located in North America. There are zero hours logged since the restoration, only engine and systems test time, no laps taken since restored.
· Custom Agency Power Headers with Ceramic Coating
· Fabspeed Cat-delete pipes
· Custom HMF Engineering “X”-Pipe exhaust with twin through-bumper exit tips (N-GT style)
· Fresh motor fully serviced, new belts, tensioners, seals. (Note that this motor was purchased from Gallo Competition in January 2013 as a long-block crate motor). The original motor is currently being re-built by Earl Gibbs of Northcoast Exotics and will be available for sale upon completion to the new owner or offered for sale separately. Price is to be determined once it is completed. The original will be sold as a long-block plus all associated parts including injectors, intake
manifold, air plenum, distributor, starter, etc. - basically a fully functioning new engine.)
· Brand new custom Wizard Cooling race radiators (all aluminum construction, far better than stock!
· New Factory 360 Challenge clutch
· Re-calibrated E.C.U.’s performed by Mase Engineering (Jacksonville, FL)
· New Hoosier slicks (100 compound) – used only in the paddock, never raced
· All fluids, brake pads, rotors, tires are new, or as new recently replaced.
· APR Carbon fiber rear wing
· N-GT Bumpers
· CS Side Skirts
· Fresh Paint
· Invictashield clear bra (Covers front bumper fenders, full hood, rocker panels and key stone impact points)
· Custom lug nuts – 7075 Forged T6 Aircraft grade aluminum alloy lug nuts (0.08 oz each with higher tensile strength than stock)
I spoke with Team Pilota about a 430 - very nice guy and he even suggested buying it!
Ed - you know I have no idea what I am doing ... right?