Wanted Ferrari Wine - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 07-26-2013, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Wanted Ferrari Wine

Need 2 or 4 bottles of wine with prancing horse label from Ristorante Cavallino shipped to the US.....will pay all costs plus a fee.....thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #3 of 14 Old 07-27-2013, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Email me with a picture and we can discuss.....thanks for the reply.

Sent you my email by PM

post #4 of 14 Old 07-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
This should be of interest,

The bubbly red Ferrari Magazine - For Ferrari cars owners and fans

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #5 of 14 Old 07-27-2013, 11:38 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 58
What's this for? Trying to get between the sheets with some gal? Know anything about Photoshop? Do you have less than a perfect moral standard? (tell the truth now)

Why not make your own using your favorite graphics software? Then soak the labels off a couple bottles of decent frizzante lambrusco, glue yours on, and start whispering sweet nothings.
post #6 of 14 Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozella View Post
What's this for? Trying to get between the sheets with some gal? Know anything about Photoshop? Do you have less than a perfect moral standard? (tell the truth now)

Why not make your own using your favorite graphics software? Then soak the labels off a couple bottles of decent frizzante lambrusco, glue yours on, and start whispering sweet nothings.
I don't see the reason for your post but thanks
post #7 of 14 Old 07-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 795
Roberto very funny! amd by the way your local drop is just the best!
Barolo and Barbaresco.... lucky man!

Cars
458 coupe normale, California T, Speciale A, 458 GT3, FF Maserati Ghibli diesel!
on way in 2015: La F, and 488, 2016 488 spider
post #8 of 14 Old 07-29-2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
Roberto very funny! amd by the way your local drop is just the best!
Barolo and Barbaresco.... lucky man!
Actually, Barolo (the king of wines) and Barbaresco (both from the Nebbiolo grape) are made a little to the west of where I live. Barbera and Dolcetto are the two most popular reds in my local area. Both are considered slightly less noble varietals but they're both very nice, especially for every day use. My neighbor makes a very good Barbera which I buy in big glass jugs (54 litre Demijohns) and re-bottle myself into normal 750 ml bottles. Most Barbera is consumed relatively young and this particular table wine is perfect at 3 to 4 years old. I would say it's about what you would expect at the $20 or $25 level in the U.S.; however, it only costs me about 2 per bottle with one third of that cost in the cork.

Our Dolcetto ("little sweet one") is consumed even younger, usually at one year and not more than two. The fruit is indeed quite sweet and can be used as a table grape, but the wine is medium dry. I think the name discourages most Americans because it sounds like it would be sweet, therefore very little Dolcetto is exported. If you run across a bottle and it's not too old, give it a try.

And, congratulations on having a sense of humor.
post #9 of 14 Old 07-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 795
Roberto I drive through your region twice a month at least. on my monaco swiss runs.
Normally in the FF.
Would love to get a locals line on the local wines, Barolo is by far my favourite period.... forget your Petrus when there is a Barolo around

Cars
458 coupe normale, California T, Speciale A, 458 GT3, FF Maserati Ghibli diesel!
on way in 2015: La F, and 488, 2016 488 spider
post #10 of 14 Old 07-29-2013, 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=Habsy;256886....... snip .......
Would love to get a locals line on the local wines, Barolo is by far my favourite period.... forget your Petrus when there is a Barolo around [/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not a genuine local. I'm an American who decided to leave the U.S. a number of years ago. As I said, I live east of the Barolo area and the Nebbiolo grape is not grown where I live. But, like you, I enjoy Barolo. I drink some kind of wine for nearly every lunch and nearly every dinner, but I'm far from a wine expert. I consider Barolo a "serious" wine and I admit to never tasting Barolo up in the several hundred dollar range, where some people claim you must start before Barolo is really Barolo. And, of course, the price goes up from there. Perhaps they're right, but I'm never going to go shopping in that price range. On occasion I have tasted some rather expensive wine purchased by someone else, but I've never blurted out, "Wow, that's definitely 400 times better than the wine I normally drink".

Sometimes I drink Barolo with a big dinner featuring beef, but more often than not I go for a more moderately priced Barbaresco made from the same Nebbiolo grape; similar, but less likely to be described as "profound, mellow and opulent in character with a dense yet harmonious herbal character of medium body, smooth yet grippy”, if you know what I mean.

But far and away my favorite wine is the local Barbera. Normally I drink the product of my neighbor which is not ever put in oak. My Italian friends turn their noses up Barbera aged in oak, even the rich ones But I suppose because I'm an American, I like it. So once in a while I go for a nice Barbera aged in small oak barrels. Truth be told, I can't say one is "better" than the other, just "different". From time to time, I'll branch off into some wine from the Sangiovese grape, Chianti or Sangiovese di Romagna for example, and put up 72 or 144 bottles. But mostly I stick to a rather ordinary, but very nice, Barbera.

I used to travel a lot and enjoyed trying all sorts of different reds. But my Italian friends tend to drink local Barbera and Dolcetto almost exclusively because they're close to the local soil and local culture. Many of my good friends were born within 25km of our tiny village of 1100 people. Over the years I'm tending to be more like them and I find myself sticking closer and closer to home when it comes to my wine selection. Boring and provincial perhaps, but as time goes by I like my little terrior (and its wines) more and more.

I'm afraid I can't be of much help, especially when it comes to fancy reds, but I would suggest you try a Barbera and/or a Dolcetto from the Alto Monferrato area of Piemonte.
post #11 of 14 Old 07-29-2013, 12:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Having been introduced to some very nice French Bordeaux 30 years ago I began collecting ONLY French wines (Bordeaux region and Burgundy primarily Puligny Montrachet for my wife).

Reading this thread has encouraged me to get out of my comfort zone and try these Italian wines.

That's for the tip Roberto!
post #12 of 14 Old 07-31-2013, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Wetpet.....still waiting on an email if you want to sell.....thanks
post #13 of 14 Old 07-31-2013, 08:35 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardand View Post
Need 2 or 4 bottles of wine with prancing horse label from Ristorante Cavallino shipped to the US.....will pay all costs plus a fee.....thanks
What state?
post #14 of 14 Old 08-02-2013, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

San Diego CA

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode