Sold Scuderia. 458 next? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-10-2013, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 55
Sold Scuderia. 458 next?

So I sort of inadvertently sold my 09 Scuderia. Private sale in less than two days time.
Loved the car!

Now, I come here not asking what to expect will be the difference between these two cars, ( everyone clearly says the same as far as the difference between the two ). But I wanted to get some insight on what you all think would be the "right" time to proceed on purchase of one (MY 2010, 2011).

I know nobody has a crystal ball, but with the dreaded speculation of the Scud version of the 458 finally coming about, will this finally bring the 458 prices down to earth?? After all, how is it that a lower mileage, no stories 458 (MY 2010) can still command a price at, or even near its MSRP?!?

Just trying to get some insight on wether to pull the trigger sooner or later on one. As much as I would like to hold off until Winter / Spring of next year to see where prices go, I don't know if I can do without a car (toy) over the Summer!

Any insight and / or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightweight View Post
So I sort of inadvertently sold my 09 Scuderia. Private sale in less than two days time.
Loved the car!

Now, I come here not asking what to expect will be the difference between these two cars, ( everyone clearly says the same as far as the difference between the two ). But I wanted to get some insight on what you all think would be the "right" time to proceed on purchase of one (MY 2010, 2011).

I know nobody has a crystal ball, but with the dreaded speculation of the Scud version of the 458 finally coming about, will this finally bring the 458 prices down to earth?? After all, how is it that a lower mileage, no stories 458 (MY 2010) can still command a price at, or even near its MSRP?!?

Just trying to get some insight on wether to pull the trigger sooner or later on one. As much as I would like to hold off until Winter / Spring of next year to see where prices go, I don't know if I can do without a car (toy) over the Summer!

Hm,, here they are 40-50% Off sticker!?

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
post #3 of 8 Old 07-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
Hm,, here they are 40-50% Off sticker!?
And the market is flooded with them.

post #4 of 8 Old 07-11-2013, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Owner

120 views!! Thanks for ALL the response....
post #5 of 8 Old 07-12-2013, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Keep em coming guys!! Love the feedback!
post #6 of 8 Old 07-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightweight View Post
Loved the car!

2010's do not command any actual "selling" price at or near sticker / MSRP. Those are cars that are still sitting.

I am still trying to figure out a 458 pricing model, but at a minimum, 10k / year plus $2.00 / mile depreciation. Still not bad compared to what has happened with McLaren.

Have you driven a 12C yet? Love mine, but love my 458 too.

To compare the two cars, Scud vs. 458, biggest differences, gearbox is way smoother, no lurching under low throttle shifts. 3rd gear is too low in the 458, only goes up to 88, so it feels faster than it is, even though it is faster than the Scuderia, it isn't by much because of the extra weight.

Everyone here with a 12C loves it so far, I would drive one since there are tons of 300k MSRP low mile cars between 219k and 200k. If you have a McLaren Dealer in your area, even better yet in case of software upgrades.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #7 of 8 Old 07-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
2010's do not command any actual "selling" price at or near sticker / MSRP. Those are cars that are still sitting.

I am still trying to figure out a 458 pricing model, but at a minimum, 10k / year plus $2.00 / mile depreciation. Still not bad compared to what has happened with McLaren.

Have you driven a 12C yet? Love mine, but love my 458 too.

To compare the two cars, Scud vs. 458, biggest differences, gearbox is way smoother, no lurching under low throttle shifts. 3rd gear is too low in the 458, only goes up to 88, so it feels faster than it is, even though it is faster than the Scuderia, it isn't by much because of the extra weight.

Everyone here with a 12C loves it so far, I would drive one since there are tons of 300k MSRP low mile cars between 219k and 200k. If you have a McLaren Dealer in your area, even better yet in case of software upgrades.
+1, I would drive both the 458 and 12C and then decide which you prefer.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-13-2013, 04:09 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Congrats on the sale - no idea what the best time to buy is.

In my case it's more about the total package of the car.

Some specs regardless of make are striking and many are not at least not to me.

Keep your eyes open and be ready to pull the trigger.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode