Pocher Testarossa 1/8 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-28-2013, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 47
Pocher Testarossa 1/8

Hi all,

While I'm saving up for the real thing thought I would add to my model collection.

I have been looking at these Pocher Testarossa models for a while, seeing prices from 1200€ to $1500US, for completed models. Even models for $300US for poor condition examples.

If you could buy a completed model in good to excellent condition for around 600€ should I jump on this?

What at some areas to look out for when inspecting the models?

Your insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Andrew.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-28-2013, 01:10 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Well, if it's really that good conditioned and competently assembled, it would surely worth the €600 price. What to inspect? The body shouldn't be scratched, all the parts got with it, especially the Cavallino emblems. I would also compare that particular one to others' pics on some modelcar forums.

If I were you I would add an 1/18 Kyosho High-End Testarossa to the collection as well, although the 512 TRs are a little bit better.

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
post #3 of 6 Old 06-29-2013, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice, on closer inspection was in average condition. A few paint touch ups had been made and he was after 1650€!

Even his 1:18 scale cars were expensive. I'm in Paris at the moment but all throughout France the car model prices are extremely inflated compared to the same makes in Australia.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-29-2013, 10:55 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by snap_point View Post
Even his 1:18 scale cars were expensive. I'm in Paris at the moment but all throughout France the car model prices are extremely inflated compared to the same makes in Australia.
Problem is, that there aren't any 1/18 good-quality TR models out there which are under 100 bucks. Each of them (Kyoshos especially) is expensive stuff due to their rarity or HE-being. (Which does not mean they are far better than the previous ones.)

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
post #5 of 6 Old 06-29-2013, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

The formula 1 shop in Monaco had a decent one for 1200€

My birthday is coming up so might have to pop Kyosho one on the list.

Thanks

Andrew
post #6 of 6 Old 07-26-2013, 12:10 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 8
I bought a finished kit off of Ebay for $300. It was missing one of the mirrors and a reflector. No biggie as seller Scaledetails on ebay, and the other site had replacement parts for dollars. I got the car and repainted it to match my TR (white). Scale details provided me with metal mirrors, script emblems and the missing reflector. Out the door for $340 and some time on my part. Nice clone of my ride.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode