Some nasty stuff - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-22-2013, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Some nasty stuff

#0858 350 Can-Am and #0844 330 P3 Berlinetta around 1988 in Walter Medlin's garage.

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-23-2013, 05:24 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,132
Bet they get a bit better treatment today. Funny how what was once a used up old no longer competitive race car is now a hugely valuable collectors car,
post #3 of 7 Old 06-23-2013, 05:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Some people seem to argue that David Piper is currently giving 0858 a worse treatment than Medlin did (for those not aware, DP is turning, or trying to turn, 0858 back into a P4, even though the CanAm car was all original and part of an interesting racing story).

The argument some people, including Jim Glickenhaus, are making is that it can never be a P4 anymore since Ferrari changed the chassis and engine back in the day. Their argument is it will be a replica in P4 form, even though originally it was built as one. Ferrari Classiche have said that she will not be certified as a P4. It's a complicated but fascinating issue, that has a great thread on Ferrarichat for those interested.

My personal opinion is that the only remaining original 350 CanAm should have remained as she was, just some TLC to bring her back to her roaring self, and then sent off to events around the world to let other people see and hear this unique part of Ferrari history.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC

post #4 of 7 Old 06-23-2013, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
My personal opinion is that the only remaining original 350 CanAm should have remained as she was, just some TLC to bring her back to her roaring self, and then sent off to events around the world to let other people see and hear this unique part of Ferrari history.

Onno
+1.000.000

Very well said. Especially dunno why is it so important for David Piper to convert the 350 back to a P4 when he already has a 330 P4. It wouldn't be a problem if it was a barn find wreck with no racing history, but the #0858 has its own wins, racing past and didn't even need a serious restoration. "Just because it was a P4 once..." -.- Glad I had the chance to see it in the Gallerie...

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
post #5 of 7 Old 06-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Such raw beauty exposed in tandem with the feminine elegance.

w/ smiles

Jimmy
post #6 of 7 Old 06-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,335
It reminds me of an old fighter plane. What a work of art.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranTurismo View Post
+1.000.000

Very well said. Especially dunno why is it so important for David Piper to convert the 350 back to a P4 when he already has a 330 P4. It wouldn't be a problem if it was a barn find wreck with no racing history, but the #0858 has its own wins, racing past and didn't even need a serious restoration. "Just because it was a P4 once..." -.- Glad I had the chance to see it in the Gallerie...
DP is not restoring it for himself, he is doing so at the request of the current owner. It is worth remembering that DP's own P4 is not a genuine Ferrari but constructed from parts, a CanAm 350 engine, plus the body of 0860 (the P4 owned by the family of the late Pierre Bardinon), and given a new, previously non-existent serial number 0900. At least, that is what I have understood from JG's explanations on FChat.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC

Last edited by JazzyO; 06-24-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode