All these Ferraris are fake? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
All these Ferraris are fake?

Can't believe all these are fake. They look pretty real, especially the F355. But you can spot the sloppy work here and there, like the crooked front grille lol!

CarBuzz: Must Read News About Cars. Latest Spy Shots, Hot Supercars, Amazing Tuners

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-11-2013, 12:31 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Even the most realistic ones' appearance suggests that something is just wrong with these.

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
post #3 of 9 Old 06-11-2013, 01:15 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 121
The one in the second picture down has a VW beetle front axle beam sticking out of it!

post #4 of 9 Old 06-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 562
Incredible efforts to make these fakes... and yet no real satisfaction to drive them afterwards...

Gus

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
post #5 of 9 Old 06-11-2013, 06:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanderu View Post
Incredible efforts to make these fakes... and yet no real satisfaction to drive them afterwards...
I don't know, "fake" sounds like such a strong word. I totally respect the craftsmanship and skill needed to make these kind of replicas. Many replicas are built simply because the originals are so old and unobtainable except at silly-extreme prices. Would I happily owns something like the CalSpyder from that company in Arizona? Sure would. It's a pretty and modern car you could drive every day, at a tiny fraction of the price the original is demanding (if you would even drive the original). But I wouldn't pass it off as a Ferrari: No badges, emblems, etc.

At the end of the day, satisfaction comes in many forms.

- Jeff
- 1987 Ferrari 328 GTS #71403
post #6 of 9 Old 06-11-2013, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
For me, I'm curious as how much it costs to make one. I'm guessing several thousand dollars at least. Wouldn't they rather save up and get the real thing?

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #7 of 9 Old 06-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacElf View Post
I don't know, "fake" sounds like such a strong word. I totally respect the craftsmanship and skill needed to make these kind of replicas. Many replicas are built simply because the originals are so old and unobtainable except at silly-extreme prices. Would I happily owns something like the CalSpyder from that company in Arizona? Sure would. It's a pretty and modern car you could drive every day, at a tiny fraction of the price the original is demanding (if you would even drive the original). But I wouldn't pass it off as a Ferrari: No badges, emblems, etc.

Maybe replicas is better words. The cars in the photo gallery all have the cavalino badges and prancing horses, so they were presented to be Ferrari.
They look like that Chanel handbag that my wife bought in China a few years back. It came with the right shape packaging box and the logo printed on it, but at a small fraction of the real price... she said that it doesn't feel like carrying a Chanel handbag.

I didn't mean any offence to the maker of those replicas, I thought it was funny to spend that much efforts that would not give you the satisfaction you were looking for in the first place.

Gus

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
post #8 of 9 Old 06-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Nope, they are fake.

"Having a false or misleading appearance; fraudulent.
n.
1. One that is not authentic or genuine; a sham."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacElf View Post

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 9 Old 06-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Especially the 355 are not even close to the real thing. The F40, the 360 - I can see they are replica even from a plane.

But that 250 GTO looks really good.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode